Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll Cheating using emote

Crooching
03.08.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
People use random when there is a master looter, and is used most often in guild runs. It is a way for the leader to distribute loot fairly, and means there's no mistakes with rolling.

For example, if two rakata main hand weapons dropped, and 3 people wanted them, instead of using need/greed where all 3 would greed, and possibly result in 1 person getting both, you use master looter, all 3 roll, and the two highest would get the items.

Anyone saying its a redundant feature, or not meant for loot, clearly hasn't played much endgame in an organised guild

Good to point out that it may be cheated though, will need to keep an eye out for it

JLapp
03.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Crooching View Post
People use random when there is a master looter, and is used most often in guild runs. It is a way for the leader to distribute loot fairly, and means there's no mistakes with rolling.

For example, if two rakata main hand weapons dropped, and 3 people wanted them, instead of using need/greed where all 3 would greed, and possibly result in 1 person getting both, you use master looter, all 3 roll, and the two highest would get the items.

Anyone saying its a redundant feature, or not meant for loot, clearly hasn't played much endgame in an organised guild

Good to point out that it may be cheated though, will need to keep an eye out for it
Or you loot the items 1 at a time and the person who wins the first doesn't roll on the second item.

ZombieClownz
03.08.2012 , 01:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightfox_ View Post
If they are using random for loot rolls they are doing it wrong. /random is for gambling, and RP
Some of you people are so **** sure that your way is the only way.

HM/NM Ops -- Master Looter with /roll works for my guild great.

And before you say just use NBG to do the rolls, what happens if you get two of the same item that multiple toons can use. No way to select who gets what then.

JLapp
03.08.2012 , 01:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieClownz View Post

And before you say just use NBG to do the rolls, what happens if you get two of the same item that multiple toons can use. No way to select who gets what then.
Or you loot the items 1 at a time and the person who wins the first doesn't roll on the second item.

ZombieClownz
03.08.2012 , 01:38 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLapp View Post
In what system does that work? If you use NBG, then all the items pop and once and everyone rolls need or greed. So how exactly do you do this? If you use master looter, then /roll works just as well.

Ruuprect
03.08.2012 , 01:50 PM | #16

This^^

In a 16 man op, it is near impossible to discuss loot in the timeframe you are given to n/g on it. Plus in the 8/16 man ops there is a lot of loot that drops and there are usually 2-3 of the same unassambled items that drop. the /roll option with master looter is the best way to do this. That is if mater looter is working correctly, which it is not yet.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

JLapp
03.08.2012 , 01:53 PM | #17
In what system does that work? If you use NBG, then all the items pop and once and everyone rolls need or greed. So how exactly do you do this? If you use master looter, then /roll works just as well.
Turn off auto-loot.

NBG does not make all the items pop at once.

Remulan
03.08.2012 , 02:24 PM | #18
One person loots the boss with autolooter off and loots the items one at a time to roll on them individually.

Crutchess
03.08.2012 , 02:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Remulan View Post
One person loots the boss with autolooter off and loots the items one at a time to roll on them individually.
God these forums are a festival of morons. Using need / greed in a 16 man raid setting is bound to end up "oh I thought I rolled need on the 2nd item" about once a raid night. That is why many guilds use Masterloot in conjunction with a /roll command so that mistakes are eliminated. What rock have ya'll been living under.

Ruuprect
03.08.2012 , 02:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Crutchess View Post
God these forums are a festival of morons. Using need / greed in a 16 man raid setting is bound to end up "oh I thought I rolled need on the 2nd item" about once a raid night. That is why many guilds use Masterloot in conjunction with a /roll command so that mistakes are eliminated. What rock have ya'll been living under.
I think these guys were just giving other options as master looter still doen not work correctly.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant