Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll Cheating using emote

Lidirt
03.08.2012 , 09:17 AM | #1
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I've been in a codine acoma the last couple of days. If it has, move along.

Has anyone else noticed that using the /emote option you can type exactly the same rolling language one would get if they typed /random 1 100? With emote however, you can actually pick your number. The roll color is the same color as the emote color text. I understand you may be able to change the color of emotes and I would suggest that. Just thought I'd point this out.

A_Plastik_Spoon
03.08.2012 , 09:29 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lidirt View Post
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I've been in a codine acoma the last couple of days. If it has, move along.

Has anyone else noticed that using the /emote option you can type exactly the same rolling language one would get if they typed /random 1 100? With emote however, you can actually pick your number. The roll color is the same color as the emote color text. I understand you may be able to change the color of emotes and I would suggest that. Just thought I'd point this out.
Thanks for telling me this, I had no idea and hopefully I haven't been cheated out of too many items. Going to change my emote color in chat now..
I'm dangerous like a fire in the nursing home
Old people burning, old people burning (Put your hands up)
Old people burning, old people burning (That's kind messed up)

isast
03.08.2012 , 09:46 AM | #3
lmao jon lajoie sig ftw

Gyronamics
03.08.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4
Typing /emote Somenub rolls 89 doesn't make it so.

papaantz
03.08.2012 , 10:53 AM | #5
whilst this is an interesting observation i don't understand how this affects the distribution of loot.

are you in groups where people use /roll instead of clicking the need button? if so, why??

we have need/greed buttons for this and with master loot on it should go to the person who needs it most.

if you type /emote failsauce rolls 100 then yay for him but the guy that clicked need and rolled a 1 still gets the loot.

Urdeth
03.08.2012 , 10:58 AM | #6
People do loot the way they want. Silly to me, but whatever.

The thing to me is that, no matter what people are using /random for, if you can cheese it that easily, it's kind of a waste to even put it in the game to begin with.

Nightfox_
03.08.2012 , 11:13 AM | #7
I just tested this for myself, and the emote is a darker orange than the roll. So unless you have skewed your colors for emotes, you should be able to tell them apart.

Murah
03.08.2012 , 11:19 AM | #8
Are people really using the /random command to roll for loot?
Reunion Guild

Nightfox_
03.08.2012 , 11:20 AM | #9
If they are using random for loot rolls they are doing it wrong. /random is for gambling, and RP

morbidcactus
03.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Murah View Post
Are people really using the /random command to roll for loot?
People who run with master looter tend to.