Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will useless stats be removed in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Will useless stats be removed in 1.2

Carbonated's Avatar


Carbonated
03.09.2012 , 01:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
How about, don't reverse engineer Redoubt sniper rifles? Focus your RE endeavors on Critical or Overkill (depending if you prefer Crit or Power as your first secondary stat). Shield may still appear in the second tier, however, and that's just unavoidable. Reverse Engineering does not take into account the type of item in question, it only follows an algorithm that applies to all items.

I would be in favor of removing Presence from all gear, however, and in turn removing it as a RE outcome. (Invariably, the first purple I always tend to learn has presence - complete waste of time.)

Also, the orange gear becomming critable does not change anything about reverse engineering. It simply allows the opportunity for orange craftables to be produced with augment slots.
Hmm I must have failed to explain again. In patch 1.2 stuff is being added etc. You know like the ability to crit orange, new patterns etc.

The question is "Have they said anything about useless stats on items being removed?" The example I provided was "Shield rating on Sniper rifles".

-I do not Bother crafting Redoubt blues unless i'm making something for a tank.
- Presence is actually useful while leveling if you use your companions.
- I know orange gear being crittable doesnt change anything, I only mentioned it because this is one of the changes apparently coming up, which could be when they decide to not put shield rating on Sniper Rifles.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Tatumsa's Avatar


Tatumsa
03.09.2012 , 02:58 AM | #12
I got two drops last night:
A blue blaster rifle that looked awesome as it had shield and defence on it - with cunning.
And a green assualt cannon with shield, defence and cunning.

Carbonated's Avatar


Carbonated
03.09.2012 , 04:18 AM | #13
I just assume that with the amount of people that dont understand the question that the answer is no word on these being removed.

Thanks for nothing.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

DarthWalt's Avatar


DarthWalt
03.09.2012 , 07:00 AM | #14
The problem with "useless" stats is they arent. Yes I will openly admit that some combos are usless to player toons. However they are not useless to some compaions.

ryuoki's Avatar


ryuoki
03.09.2012 , 07:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
It is simply coded to allow all variations of Critical/Power/Defense+secondary stats. Changing it to only allow sensible combinations would mean a HUGE amount of work, because every craftable item will need to be checked for combo's which do and which don't make sense. I highly doubt the developers will have time for that.
I wouldn't go as far as to say 'HUGE' in the amount of work. The database programmers would just need to create an extra table or so and link them with foreign keys (or what ever the specific DB calls it) to the item creation tables and set basic IF/THEN/WHILE type statements. Probably a days worth of planning and another hour or two of coding. Most of the item creation takes place in the DB.

Then again these 'odd' stats are likely there just to create 'junk items' in which you vendor for extra cash. The items sell for more than what the mob would drop in credits so your better off at times getting a green POS item than a fraction of the credits.

Anyway, everyone benefits in some way from all the stats if they could use the specific item (ie: sith dont use guns so tech bonus doesnt help, but doesnt rocket punch gain benefit from str dmg bonus? (albeit not as much but some)).

Use your imagination and try to climb outside the box once in awhile. The broader view is much more pleasant than the squinted eye.

Redoubt is useful to nearly everyclass or at least can be. It provides defense boost and everyone could use some extra dodge. As for shield rating and absorption that I will agree is wasted on classes that cannot use shield generators but there are companions as stated that possibly can. Lieutenant Pierce comes to mind but he personally doesnt use sniper rifles (blaster rifle is his preference). Redoubt is primarily defense rating with shield absorption or shield rating appearing sporadically (and only in the rarest chances all 3 together but usually when the base item originally had shield rating and absorption and no defense (which is added upon RE and gaining a redoubt prefix)).

Tatumsa's Avatar


Tatumsa
03.09.2012 , 07:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
I would be in favor of removing Presence from all gear, however, and in turn removing it as a RE outcome. (Invariably, the first purple I always tend to learn has presence - complete waste of time.)
I managed to get a Veracity Techblade as my first Tier 2, but it took ages and cost a fortune to get - and already had 3 guildies after it lol. I'm currently trying to get a Veracity Blaster Rifle for my Corso, although I do have a Leadership one I got from a crit blaster rifle, but now spending another fortune REing Redoubt rifles.

I wish they would hurry up and fix REing armour so we can get mats from that, as I get way more armour greens than weapons.

okwathne's Avatar


okwathne
03.09.2012 , 07:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
The problem with "useless" stats is they arent. Yes I will openly admit that some combos are usless to player toons. However they are not useless to some compaions.
True, There are combinations not usefull for any player toons, but the companions could use it with much success....

downface's Avatar


downface
03.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Baelish View Post
Rubbish. The common code could be conditional on the main stat or type of the item. No Cunning class needs Tanking stats. No shotgun or vibroknife needs Aim or Cunning stats. No Assault Cannon needs Cunning. No Medium armour needs tanking stats. No Willpower-based single sabre needs tanking stats. Those are some of the obvious ones, and there aren't many subtleties.
Well you are wrong on at least one count there: The Knight companion, Doc, uses a scattergun (shotgun) and uses cunning as his primary stat. As stated by others above, there are stat combinations that companions use that are not used by players.

downface's Avatar


downface
03.09.2012 , 10:36 AM | #19
Another good example is Aim gear with defense & shielding. Fess and Vik only for republic. But it sells very, very well.

Tatumsa's Avatar


Tatumsa
03.09.2012 , 12:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by downface View Post
Another good example is Aim gear with defense & shielding. Fess and Vik only for republic. But it sells very, very well.
Um, I think you missed Vanguard completely, and Corso/Bowdar for smugglers, possibly more.