Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will useless stats be removed in 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Will useless stats be removed in 1.2

Carbonated
03.08.2012 , 02:27 AM | #1
Sorry if this is been asked already the sticky doesnt have it.

But will 1.2 fix what currently plagues reverse engineering now, that things like sniper rifles getting shield rating for example be removed?

I seem to have a probelm with level 35+ gear the first purple schematic of it always seems to be shield rating.

It drives me nuts!

I also hate finding shotguns/vibroknives with Aim on them.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Elendil_PL
03.08.2012 , 02:35 AM | #2
You can RE to another purple schematic. Every green -> 3 blue. Every blue -> 5 purple (4 if blue is redoubt, cause fifth is bugged now)
Not English Native Speaker...

Rhaphael
03.08.2012 , 02:43 AM | #3
Those are 2 different issues that you are describing.

1. RE producing any combination is working as the developers have intended. So a "fix" is not likely.
2. Some items having wrong itemizations. This can be considered a bug, but I haven't heard anything about a fix in the works yet. Might come as part of the 1.2 patch.

Baelish
03.08.2012 , 03:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
1. RE producing any combination is working as the developers have intended. So a "fix" is not likely.
Intentions can change.

Given the general ill feeling this nonsense creates, I wouldn't be surprised if the "drop tables" for RE get a going-over at some point.

Carbonated
03.08.2012 , 06:29 AM | #5
If a sniper rifle with shield rating and defence is correct then GG.

which class or companion uses tanking stats on a sniper rifle?
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Bartes
03.08.2012 , 07:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post

none???????????
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

Rhaphael
03.08.2012 , 07:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post

It is simply coded to allow all variations of Critical/Power/Defense+secondary stats. Changing it to only allow sensible combinations would mean a HUGE amount of work, because every craftable item will need to be checked for combo's which do and which don't make sense. I highly doubt the developers will have time for that.

Carbonated
03.08.2012 , 07:24 AM | #8
well i thought they were doing some overhaul and making orange stuff able to crit. that was why i was asking.

perhaps i should have been more clear.

Natarii
03.08.2012 , 08:11 AM | #9
How about, don't reverse engineer Redoubt sniper rifles? Focus your RE endeavors on Critical or Overkill (depending if you prefer Crit or Power as your first secondary stat). Shield may still appear in the second tier, however, and that's just unavoidable. Reverse Engineering does not take into account the type of item in question, it only follows an algorithm that applies to all items.

I would be in favor of removing Presence from all gear, however, and in turn removing it as a RE outcome. (Invariably, the first purple I always tend to learn has presence - complete waste of time.)

Also, the orange gear becomming critable does not change anything about reverse engineering. It simply allows the opportunity for orange craftables to be produced with augment slots.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Baelish
03.08.2012 , 09:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
It is simply coded to allow all variations of Critical/Power/Defense+secondary stats. Changing it to only allow sensible combinations would mean a HUGE amount of work, because every craftable item will need to be checked for combo's which do and which don't make sense. I highly doubt the developers will have time for that.
Rubbish. The common code could be conditional on the main stat or type of the item. No Cunning class needs Tanking stats. No shotgun or vibroknife needs Aim or Cunning stats. No Assault Cannon needs Cunning. No Medium armour needs tanking stats. No Willpower-based single sabre needs tanking stats. Those are some of the obvious ones, and there aren't many subtleties. It shouldn't take an hour for someone to come up with the list, then at most a developer-intern-day to pop the conditional checks on the half-dozen logic trees that would need modifying. It's straightforward logic and that day of devtime should cover the QA as well.

And while they're doing that, they could either suppress the "you already know that" message when you RE for a duplicate schematic, or have the output decision tree not include known schematics.

Unless they've written the whole frimpin' thing in some sort of spaghetti code or made some appalling architecture choices.