Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stands Tall - has anyone actuall beat him?

Ternesyav
03.07.2012 , 11:29 PM | #1
I've been running the Belsavis Daily Heroic with a group in order to help them get geared-up. I haven't been able to get into HM FP yet - mostly because I want to run them with guildies ... who aren't geared-up yet.

So, the Belsavis H4 "The Stasis Generator" is a fun run. Nice practice for dealing with stunning and mob-healers. The Champ's are pretty easy ... up until "Stands Tall".

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but all the guides go about saying "Oh, you can solo this quest ..." which I routinely do on my Shadow Tank. However, for our purposes of working together, I'd really like to take this guy down.

If we can defeat this mob, I feel we stand a good chance of completing Taral V HM. Right now, we can't DPS the big droid (forget his name).

Our group consists of Shadow Tank (me), Sage-healer, and two Sentinels. Builds aside, does anyone have any advice on defeating "Stands Tall"?

We get him about 3/4 down, and then the healer runs out of force. We interrupt his Heat Ray and Project Storm because they do a LOT of damage. In order to be sure to get those attacks, we don't interrupt the others. There are problems with "Line of Sight" because of bugs with the grate, so I tank on one side while the Sentinels attack his back. The Sage has to come in close to keep "LoS".

Now, I'm holding the agro fine. I'm the only one taking damage - but I'm taking a LOT of damage. I have 35% mitigation (Shadow Tank) with 25% Defense, 22.5% Shield and 67% Absorption. Normally, I can tank bosses just fine - but this guy is nuts.

What am I missing?
~'*'~ +..{}..+~'*'~ +..{}..+../^\&/^\..+..{}..+~'*'~ +..{}..+~'*'~
DISCLAIMER: By reading this post, the READER hereby acknowledges that all information contained herewith is, by definition, polite and fully within the rules set down within THIS forum and in no way warrants actions against this poster.

Ashane
03.07.2012 , 11:34 PM | #2
Your Sage should really never be running out of mana assuming they are getting off their free Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance.
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Venan
03.07.2012 , 11:57 PM | #3
What about the other members of your party, specifically the sents?

I'm a sent myself, and I don't know much about the other classes, so I'm not going to pretend I do.

But the issue seems to be that the deeps just aren't deeping enough, especially if your healer is running out of Force. Do they have a good rotation? Sents are also heavily gear dependent; if they don't have great gear that's going to affect their dps.

And, as sents, they should be able to help you all out with an ability called Inspiration. It gives everyone in the party a 15% increase to damage and healing. That will not only help you and the deeps do more damage, but will help your healer keep you alive as well.

Are they popping that? More importantly; are they popping that at the same time? Because if they are they SHOULDN'T be. Inspiration doesn't stack. One of them should pop it, and after it goes away the OTHER one should pop it.

And from there they should trade off popping one of their other buffs. Valorous Call instantly generates 30 centering, so they can quickly pop another of their abilities.

What I'm saying is this.

Sent 1 and Sent 2: Build centering to 30
Sent 1: Pop Inspiration.
Sent 2: Pop Inspiration after Sent 1's buff goes away
Sent 1 and Sent 2: Pop Valorous Call
Sent 1: Pop another buff; this depends on the sent's tree.
Sent 2: Pop another buff after Sent 1's buff goes away
Jai-Ko Venan ::: :::
Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: SWTOR Guild HQ ::: :::

Battilea
03.07.2012 , 11:58 PM | #4
Your shield percent also seems a bit on the low side. While you do have a lot of absorb, having less absorb, more shielding would make make your incoming damage smoother, which tends to make healing easier.

Also, you are using your force shroud equivalent power? The one that makes you immune to force and tech for 3-5s?

ckoneful
03.08.2012 , 02:49 AM | #5
Your stats are kind of awful... What kind of gear do you have? Are you actually using tank mods?

Also, take a read through this is might help you as a shadow tank.

Actually, it seems you're wickedly stacking absorption, which isn't awful, but your other stats are suffering and I'm assuming you're not keeping Kinetic Ward up if you're listing your shield chance as only 22%

What enhancements are you using? You should be using the Shield/Absorption ones from Ilum and NOT the god-awful accuracy/absorption ones, which where your shield chance is at it seems you're using those.

Siorac
03.08.2012 , 05:53 AM | #6
There are three attacks you must interrupt: Full Auto, Heat Beam (something like that) and Project Storm. There's one more channeled ability which should never be an issue, it doesn't do much damage. You have to work out who interrupts which.

And that's about it. If a level 50 Sage cannot keep up his rotation until this guy's dead, well, he's doing something very wrong. Can't be more specific than that as I'm no Sage but they should be able to heal through him without much problems.

_Darkstar
03.08.2012 , 06:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
Your Sage should really never be running out of mana assuming they are getting off their free Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance.
This.

Your healer is either hybrid damage specced, strangely specced some other way, or doesn't know how to use their powers to best effect.

There are plenty of Sage healing guides dotted around which should be of help.

Not sure about the rest of the team.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

ckoneful
03.08.2012 , 06:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
This.

Your healer is either hybrid damage specced, strangely specced some other way, or doesn't know how to use their powers to best effect.

There are plenty of Sage healing guides dotted around which should be of help.

Not sure about the rest of the team.
I think it's the combination of the tank and healing needing to learn a bit more. Everyone can always help themselves by reading up on their class a bit!

tuckwd
03.08.2012 , 09:23 AM | #9
why fight him to get a blue/orange that can be found on the auction house when all you have to do is sacrifice a companion and click the button and run for the exit to the instance?

Ternesyav
03.08.2012 , 11:47 AM | #10
Thanks all - lots of good info here
~'*'~ +..{}..+~'*'~ +..{}..+../^\&/^\..+..{}..+~'*'~ +..{}..+~'*'~
DISCLAIMER: By reading this post, the READER hereby acknowledges that all information contained herewith is, by definition, polite and fully within the rules set down within THIS forum and in no way warrants actions against this poster.