Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ramusss
03.13.2012 , 12:57 PM | #31
Ilum is crashing on me... i upgraded my ram/videocard about 3-5 days ago. yeah.. FIX PLZ

Spoiler

LordSokar
03.13.2012 , 06:44 PM | #32
I am posting my dxdiag report here in the hopes that it will assist you in fixing this rather annoying issue.

I am FREQUENTLY disconnected from the server I play on at inconsistent intervals. Usually within 30 minutes of logging on and then every 3-25 minutes or so for the rest of the evening. I have contacted in-game support and they gave me this list of ports and all this and that to check. First and foremost, I live with an IT tech, it's NOT our setup or our internet causing the issue, it's YOU. Also somewhere in between those "disconnects" I get two or three crashes to desktop (I get disconnected, then get another error saying the server list can't be found--and boom, out of game entirely I go).

These issues started occuring two Sundays ago. I switched computers here at the house to see if that fixed it, but nooooo. I can PVP on this other computer, which is great, but I keep getting disconnected!

What I want is for this issue to be acknowledged and fixed! I am tired of paying for a game that I cannot play consistently. I never had an issue before and nothing changed on my computers so it must be the game, i.e. not ME.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating and I'm about to just stop playing all together.

Spoiler
Khonsu, 55 Sorcerer; Sokar, 55 Juggernaut; Khepri, 55 Marauder; Khalek, 55 Assassin; Adranus, 55 Agent; Kharanos, 55 Mercenary; Mikor, 55 Sentinel
Anointed, The Ebon Hawk

ReEnforcer
03.13.2012 , 07:47 PM | #33
Frequent Crashes After Patch 03/13/2012

Since I got home and updated after the patch, I have crashed 4-5 or more times every hour of play time. The game is basically unplayable for me. I experienced a similar issue during early access and the first couple weeks after launch. It cleared up and the game has been running great, until today...

Spoiler

I have crashed while walking around the fleet, running Kaon Under Seige on HM, doing dailies on Ilum and various other things in game.

Yes each time I crash to my desktop.
Ice Dragons - Guild Leader
ReEnforcer - Jedi Guardian
Anti-Keek - Vanguard
Guild Recruitment Thread

chrisconforti
03.14.2012 , 03:54 AM | #34
every time i hit play i get sent back to my desktop since the most recent patch

Spoiler

Wackfield
03.15.2012 , 08:21 PM | #35
I noticed after the most recent patch, if left idle for about 5 minutes, the game would crash my computer. Not to desktop, but entirely crash the machine. No signal to the monitor, and a buzzing sound to the speakers. Physically pressing the power button on my tower and rebooting my machine was the only way to get things back up and running.

After the first crash like this, the game began crashing during play. The frequency of these crashes had begun slowly, I'd say the first in game crash was after 3 or 4 hours of play.

However the crashes have become more frequent. The last crash occurred only after 20 minutes of play. There is no pattern regarding when the crashes occur.

My dxdia logs:

Spoiler

My client logs from March 15th, 2012, when the crashing has been the worst, in order from newest to oldest:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wackfield
03.15.2012 , 08:23 PM | #36
my last client log of March 15th, 2012: (original message too long):

Spoiler

parranoja
03.16.2012 , 08:26 AM | #37
I get random crashes after about 1-2h of playing, after that when i play again the crashes comes more frequently, there is no kind of pattern at all, I get BSOD sometimes aswell with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and sometimes the computer just randomly reboots while playing.

here's my DXDIAG

Spoiler
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem

Malum Factum

Costello
03.16.2012 , 02:16 PM | #38
Is anything being done about this?

I just had a crash to desk top and I can't see any reason why, I was monitoring my Graphics card and frame rate was good and temp was relatively low having gone a fair bit higher in the dialogues. Someone dispelling my notion it was a graphics card issue with it over heating (currently using a Nvidia 570 and before that the 480). So short of it being the Nvidia set as a whole that being the problem.

Its not a memory dump or a complete crash of the system so I can't see it being a memory problem or anything fundamental to the system as windows is still running as are any background programs I might have.

At one point I thought it might be my system guard or Logitech G510 keyboard causing some sort of problem but I have crashed with these shut down.

And futher I can play Mass Effect 3 on top settings with no crashes so it seems hard to argue that it is my system or at least in as much as ME3 can't be that much less system dependent that one runs fine and one crashes all the time. Likewise playing my IA seems to crash a lot less than my SW. But at the same time my IA has crashed a couple of time from log in while at the fleet and then nothing for hours.

ClarkWGriswald
03.17.2012 , 10:25 PM | #39
Spoiler

Dewlanna
03.19.2012 , 04:28 PM | #40
Hope this helps. Would love to play this game but it is getting so frustrating. Bought 2 games and 2 subs so hubby could play too...wish I could!!!

Spoiler