classic jedi robes and bounty hunters able to fly with jet pack

sinfulheart

I relay wish we could have some classic Jedi robes Like a padwan robe and Jedi master robe with a classic look I don't look anything like a Jedi. Also on that note what kind of bounty hunter cant use his jet pack? I mean in every move they have one and use it and the only thing you can do is go up and shoot rockets for a aoe attack? I think the Bh relay got the short end of the stick here not to mention they cant even hunt players for bounty's? And im not playing as a bounty hunter i am just saying some key things are missing here. And wouldn't it be nice to have a city of fleet for both republic and sith with areas to duel etc ect.

Does anyone else notice some things they totally have left out of forgot ?

The BH got ripped off there. As for the robes, I could care less. I'm hardcore Empire player. Even my Republic characters are Dark Side. However, another thing I think got left out was being able to have more than one companion with you. I mean, KOTOR you could have two, while here we only have one. We need a limit on the amount we can have with us, but at least two beats one. I mean, if you were a Juggernaut, and you could have Vette for some ranged backup, then 2V for epic healing, wouldn't you go for it?

Yes i agree but tbh i wish i could not have my companion ouot at all and just get a buff for playing with out her to even things out if i felt like playing solo.But yes atleast if you could have 2 companions you coul solo heroic missions when you cant find anyone to help you.

Only Bounty Hunters I know were known for using Jetpacks were the Fetts, there are a lot more of them, if they could fly in the game it would be ridiculous, however something like leap would be fine, though I'm not sure if practical for a ranged class(commando), surely useful for powertech, while the Vanguard could have a Bullrush or something of the sort.

There are Jedi robes the way you want, the only werid thing is that to show the hand items they made them(and all the sith robes as well) with short sleeves, looks weird but oh well. I wish we had unhooded armoured models like the Jedi in character creation by the way, that's the best looking model in the game, instead all we got is the green armour version like Ven Zallow and Kao cen Darach use, it is however sadly always hooded. Thing is Jedi rarely fought in their robes, especially with the hood up.

I'd love an outfit like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4SQzwXTL5Cs/ThSj8jgRRHI/AAAAAAAADCM/t-Yn4FwQNnc/s1600/Obi-Wan-Kenobi-obi-wan-kenobi-4286109-1024-768.jpg

I don't know why designers for these games think we want to look all fancy, different and unique. If I'm playing Star Wars I want to fit in with all the npcs and classic characters styles. It was the same with Warcraft and all those ridiculously ugly outfits while the npcs had all the cool Warcraft armor you couldn't use because the only items with the same models were piss-poor greens.

-snort- any armor is better than what we had in SWG or WoW, Bioware is miles ahead of them

as for the BH's - have you played our Powertech AC? Most of our strongest attacks are based around the jetpack. No, we don't go flying around the planet like we would with a speeder... but then Boba and Jango didn't exactly fly around the planet with THEIR jetpacks either. They used them for short boosts or to escape like in AOTC and ROTJ. The minute they reached a speeder they took off because - generally - a jetpack with a limited fuel supply is going to be slower than a kick-butt speeder :p

I mean can you see Boba flying after his dad on Kamino

Boba: hey! Get on the ship Dad! We gotta escape!

Jango: Hell no kid - I gotz a jetpack. No fricken way do I need a ship to escape :p

srrsly?

-snort- any armor is better than what we had in SWG or WoW, Bioware is miles ahead of them

as for the BH's - have you played our Powertech AC? Most of our strongest attacks are based around the jetpack. No, we don't go flying around the planet like we would with a speeder... but then Boba and Jango didn't exactly fly around the planet with THEIR jetpacks either. They used them for short boosts or to escape like in AOTC and ROTJ. The minute they reached a speeder they took off because - generally - a jetpack with a limited fuel supply is going to be slower than a kick-butt speeder :p

I mean can you see Boba flying after his dad on Kamino

Boba: hey! Get on the ship Dad! We gotta escape!

Jango: Hell no kid - I gotz a jetpack. No fricken way do I need a ship to escape :p

srrsly?

Yeah imo BH's should have had a 'Force Leap' in the form of a jetpack, makes alot of sense.

Do you kids ever think before posting such poorly thought out drivel?

If BHs got super leap or other jet pack tricks then Troopers would have to get them too, and of course if jet pack super leaping was in then the worlds would have to be redesigned in order to keep players from getting up into areas they are not supposed to get too and probably getting stuck up there as those places are not optimized for movement.

No dad, I try not to do that. Drivel is good for the soul. But what I think my counterpart meant was to use the jetpack to get closer to the enemy. If the trooper needed a matching attack then they could maybe use a cable-attack for the vanguard class to bring the enemy closer.

Drivel or no, I doubt it would hurt 'balance' at all

Edited by GratuaCuun

Yeah imo BH's should have had a 'Force Leap' in the form of a jetpack, makes alot of sense.

Shield Tech specialized powertechs do get a gap closing ability based around the jetpack, it's called jet charge, and it works the exact same as force charge.

If BHs got super leap or other jet pack tricks then Troopers would have to get them too, and of course if jet pack super leaping was in then the worlds would have to be redesigned in order to keep players from getting up into areas they are not supposed to get too and probably getting stuck up there as those places are not optimized for movement.

Really? Yeah because all the worlds were redesigned for Force Leap? It would work like force leap aka no new mechanics, just a new animation. Secondly, Troopers could have a similar skill using some sort of magnetic grappler. Freak out some more please.

In an upcoming patch (maybe 1.2, not sure, it was mentioned at the Guild Summit) all of the classes are getting an advanced sprint. For bounty hunters, their animation will involve them flying with their jet pack. So while it won't have any advantages/disadvantages when compared to the other classes, bounty hunters will effectively be able to "fly" with their jet packs. Wish granted.

Really? Yeah because all the worlds were redesigned for Force Leap? It would work like force leap aka no new mechanics, just a new animation. Secondly, Troopers could have a similar skill using some sort of magnetic grappler. Freak out some more please.

That's what we really need. Maybe even just a boost of speed or jump would work. Just to go up on top of ledges quicker. Like the BH chick in the "Deceived" game trailer. She just flew up onto a ledge. That was cool.

Edited by CadBaneRules