Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware should be punished. There is no way they do not know this exists.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Bioware should be punished. There is no way they do not know this exists.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bluetickone
03.08.2012 , 04:04 PM | #101
wow did you blow it -- regen doesnt have to be noralized across different classes. thats what is fun and interesting about SWTOR.

Georg blew it too -- MIRROR classes should have normalized regen rates, they dont, and there is no viable explanation for that.

Spatzimaus
03.08.2012 , 04:05 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Dampiel View Post
It wont be, he wont even read what people posted after him
Unfortunately, you're probably right. The only posts Bioware employees have made in ANY Operative or Scoundrel forums (all seven of them in the past four months) have clearly been cherry-picked to be ones where they could take the high road by criticizing the original commenter, without having to actually address the underlying issues that led to the comments. There's no possible way anyone who comes into this forum could have missed the gigantic, detailed, and remarkably polite threads discussing the balance issues and/or suggestions for PvE changes that wouldn't unbalance PvP. The Smuggler/Scoundrel forums have these as well, as does the Agent forum, and there have been plenty of threads in the Role or General Discussion forums as well. And yet, THIS is the thread he picks to comment on, and does so in as pointless a way as possible, telling us what we already know in as dismissive a manner as possible to end all further discussion.

At this point, there's a very real possibility that the day 1.2's changes hit the test server I'll be canceling my subscription. Because unless the unannounced (so far) balance changes for 1.2 have a MASSIVE impact on our class, it'll just show that the developers do not and will not ever care about maintaining actual gameplay balance; it's become absolutely clear to me that no one at Bioware actually plays the game, or at least not as this class. It doesn't help that the class affected is one I play, but I've seen too many MMOs fail because of developers who won't listen to the players that contradict The Vision (tm) and I would have no desire to go through that yet again even if it wasn't my class getting the short end of the stick.

QuickBunnie
03.08.2012 , 04:23 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Who are you talking about? Me or the guy you quoted.

I honestly don't care what he says to defend it.

All out healing as an operative, you run out of energy. Im in full champ/bm gear, my heals are strong. There is no way you are healing to an acceptable amount and not running out of energy.

I mean, yeah, maybe he is warzone healing with just diagnostic scan and not running out of energy,
Did you talent Surgical probe? If you are all out healing, that has got to mean somebody is dropping below 30%. Which means (talented) Surgical probes are free. It's a solid instant heal that's free. Once you get this, your energy problems will be solved (if you are smart).

I can understand if you're a mid level healer without a talented surgical probe - every real heal you have costs energy, so your rotations always costs stuff. In an emergency, that means you'll dip below 5-6 regen, and then you'll have to depend on your big energy regen to recover. That only happens every 2 minutes, so its pretty bleh for PvP.

If you want to complain about agent/smuggler healing, you can complain about their AoE healing which could be a little weaker in PvP and Ops (only 4 targets). I think it's fine, as IMHO a properly specced and played healer agent/smuggler is the best single target healer in the game.

ironix
03.08.2012 , 04:25 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey,

We're perfectly aware that this difference exists.

It's because, shockingly, Agents are not Inquisitors.

The mirror class for the Agent is the Smuggler, the mirror class for the Inquisitor is the Consular.

Just in case it wasn't clear: We have different classes in the game - that means they actually have different abilities, energy systems, costs, etc. In short: It's working as designed.

Georg

edit: fixed a typo where "Consular" should have appeared!
Updated my post count! =p
Godwin's Law for SW:TOR -- As a discussion in the SW:TOR forums grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving WoW or being told to "go back to WoW" approaches 1.

Sookster
03.08.2012 , 04:33 PM | #105
Funny how Georg didn't give an answer to why we and merc has reduced regen when depleted. His statement of "agent isn't inquisistor" obviously means devs doesn't want any other classes to be as flexible and easy to play as inq's is.

Pvp isn't where I have problems, operations isn't either, it's hardmode/nightmares.

So.... why is there regen penalties?
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Dampiel
03.08.2012 , 04:58 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Sookster View Post
Funny how Georg didn't give an answer to why we and merc has reduced regen when depleted. His statement of "agent isn't inquisistor" obviously means devs doesn't want any other classes to be as flexible and easy to play as inq's is.

Pvp isn't where I have problems, operations isn't either, it's hardmode/nightmares.

So.... why is there regen penalties?
Quote:
BECAUSE NOTHING WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS OUR SORC/SAGES IN A FAST PACED TEAM BASED SCENARIO - Bioware
and you still cant have a quote count towards the 5 chars even if you are totally making it up
Quote: Originally Posted by Dampiel View Post
saying smash should not be nerfed is like saying 4chan is required reading in a masters level college curriculum

Howbadisbad
03.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatzimaus View Post
Unfortunately, you're probably right. The only posts Bioware employees have made in ANY Operative or Scoundrel forums (all seven of them in the past four months) have clearly been cherry-picked to be ones where they could take the high road by criticizing the original commenter, without having to actually address the underlying issues that led to the comments. There's no possible way anyone who comes into this forum could have missed the gigantic, detailed, and remarkably polite threads discussing the balance issues and/or suggestions for PvE changes that wouldn't unbalance PvP. The Smuggler/Scoundrel forums have these as well, as does the Agent forum, and there have been plenty of threads in the Role or General Discussion forums as well. And yet, THIS is the thread he picks to comment on, and does so in as pointless a way as possible, telling us what we already know in as dismissive a manner as possible to end all further discussion.

At this point, there's a very real possibility that the day 1.2's changes hit the test server I'll be canceling my subscription. Because unless the unannounced (so far) balance changes for 1.2 have a MASSIVE impact on our class, it'll just show that the developers do not and will not ever care about maintaining actual gameplay balance; it's become absolutely clear to me that no one at Bioware actually plays the game, or at least not as this class. It doesn't help that the class affected is one I play, but I've seen too many MMOs fail because of developers who won't listen to the players that contradict The Vision (tm) and I would have no desire to go through that yet again even if it wasn't my class getting the short end of the stick.
I do enjoy reading your posts Spaz. I wish a BW employee would respond to them instead of things like the OP.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
If one class can perform better than other classes in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.
You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.

Turando
03.08.2012 , 05:14 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
They are trying to make the game unbalanced to make the game easier for their most played class so that their most played class has a greater incentive to subscribe. This is criminal. Throwing us under the bus to appease their sorcerers/sages.
Pretty serious charge, care to know the definition of libel?

ironix
03.08.2012 , 05:19 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Turando View Post
Pretty serious charge, care to know the definition of libel?
Care to know the definition of hyperbole? Or were you being facetious?

In any case, the OP way off-base in his angry arguments. Georg Zoeller trolling this post doesn't help.
Godwin's Law for SW:TOR -- As a discussion in the SW:TOR forums grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving WoW or being told to "go back to WoW" approaches 1.

Darth_Eminok
03.08.2012 , 05:21 PM | #110
Strange. I remember a few years ago, probably at the beginning of formation of the game, that they said they were aiming to make all the classes BALANCED.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home