Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Advanced White War Hero Crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Advanced White War Hero Crystal
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SageH's Avatar


SageH
03.07.2012 , 06:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
Because it is temporary and they need to flush some of the money out of the system.

In 1.2 that crystal may take War Hero to buy, but right now it's a free for all, and while you can't use that crystal just yet, you will be able to in 1.2.
War Hero PvP gear will not have a valor requirement. You simply need to earn enough Ranked Warzone Commendations to buy it. War Hero is just the set name, it does not reflect a valor level/title you must achieve to wear it.
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

SageH's Avatar


SageH
03.07.2012 , 06:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RabidPopcorn View Post
question: will ALL the crystals (or at least the purple and white ones) be available after patch 1.2 on Republic side? If not from the vendor, where? ty
Vendor is being removed in 1.2, at that time the crystals will have to be crafted by Artificer's who will have to get the schematics/materials from a currently unknown source.
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

Vulgore's Avatar


Vulgore
03.07.2012 , 06:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lokivoid View Post
The whole point of the crystals was a fast money sink to act as a bandaid for the massive influx of money coming into the system, 1.2 the vendor will change and pvp gear will be made moddable.

BTW the hidden/unremovable crystal on your BM saber +41 endurance (identical to endurance white crystal)
hmmmmm how do you know that about the BM saber crystal ??? that +41 end may be the reason why my battlemaster saber has +51 exp and the war hero crystal only has +41 maybe the expertise in the BM saber isnt in the crsytal maybe divided between the hilt and crystal...i dont know....But thanks for the insight guys....had to get some rage out...ill just suck it up and buy one.....

Vulgore's Avatar


Vulgore
03.07.2012 , 06:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
War Hero PvP gear will not have a valor requirement. You simply need to earn enough Ranked Warzone Commendations to buy it. War Hero is just the set name, it does not reflect a valor level/title you must achieve to wear it.
better not be just tokens from playing....no losing your way to be geared....Gear should be given out to teams with certain ratings IMO

jjgriffin's Avatar


jjgriffin
03.08.2012 , 12:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulgore View Post
The new crystals they added are complete non sense....I am valor 72 and have enough to buy the Advanced War Hero white saber crystal....Well Being a pvper with all Battle Master gear the crystal has no use to me....I cant Mod my BM Saber with the advanced war hero white crystal, you say put it in a moddable saber ok....But then I lose like 10% in stats...dmg, WP, end, acc, just about every stat goes down...So I ask you bioware what am I suppose to do with a 2.5 million white war hero crystal as a pvper with a lightsaber that can not be modded? why are these crystals here? why is there no valor requirment on it ??? it makes no sense...
It's because if you put the Advanced War Hero crystal into your Rakata weapon, the Rakata weapon becomes the best PVP weapon in the game.

Yes, even better than your rinky-dink Battlemaster one.

The loss of 7-10 Expertise pales in comparison to the generous stat gains wearing Rakata weapons in PVP give you.
Gen. Anna' Kournikova
<Crimson Elite>
"Better to join the company of lions than assume the lead amongst foxes."

Threskov's Avatar


Threskov
03.08.2012 , 02:35 PM | #16
Place it in a Rakata weapon and enjoy a new better weapon than ur BM weapon. Voila.

Aint rocket science

Chaos_Distortion's Avatar


Chaos_Distortion
03.08.2012 , 04:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulgore View Post
o yea thats the other thing I know the WH set is coming so why doestnt the crystal have a valor requirment on it...? why even call it War hero then...If the War Hero Set has no valor rating or certain rated WZ requirment for pieces then that GG for me....I throw in the towel...hang up the keyboard till Guild Wars 2 or Tera those games are shapping to have a promising pvp future
Good job on crying for no reason, you say you're going to move on to GW2 but fail to realize that pvp gear in GW2 won't require any type of ranks or pvp levels to use and everyone will have access to the same gear (Which is a good thing for competitive pvp.). So wth are you talking about?
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

ELECTRICJUDGMENT's Avatar


ELECTRICJUDGMENT
03.16.2012 , 02:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As of Game Update 1.2, endgame Lightsabers are fully moddable.
Georg, does this include all lightsabers dropped in level 50 flashpoints?

ELECTRICJUDGMENT's Avatar


ELECTRICJUDGMENT
03.16.2012 , 02:46 PM | #19
^Bump. Would like an update on this, please.

va_wanderer's Avatar


va_wanderer
03.16.2012 , 02:53 PM | #20
They're basically changing purple drops to the same as orange ones. No more locked slot in a chest piece, for example.

So yeah, you'll be able to plug and play.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731