Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone commending people is a joke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone commending people is a joke.

Layden
12.16.2011 , 08:13 PM | #41
I vote for my premade guildies. Deal with it.

p.s. We usually top the charts.
Penny Arcade Empire Fan Guild <Surrender the Cookies>

SWTORsoon
12.16.2011 , 09:12 PM | #42
Play better, be more vocal in chat, make sure people know you are kicking ***. And you are guaranteed a few votes. In my experience anyways.

QQ

Xsorus
12.16.2011 , 11:10 PM | #43
Don't know about you, i find the healer with the most healing and vote for him every time, I don't care if i'm with guildies or not.

If no one is healing, I look for whoever has the most protection, then if no one did that i look for most damage.

Maxxacre
12.16.2011 , 11:24 PM | #44
Has it ever occurred to you that damage/healing/protection out isn't the only thing that makes someone MVP worthy? Maybe you see it as an atrocity that someone in the middle of the DPS chart gets an MVP and you don't, but you know people sometimes see excellent performance by someone, and it's memorable, and they think of that person as the MVP. That happens in Huttball all the time. You might be in the middle of the action the whole game and end up on the top of the DPS chart, but if you've paid no attention to where the ball is, and you've ignored everything related to the objective, maybe you don't actually deserve the MVP vote in someone else's eyes. Maybe it's the guy who did moderate damage/healing, but passed the ball intelligently, CC'd targets at key moments, etc. who is really deserving.

I vote for people that I see doing extraordinarily intelligent things during PvP. If I'm playing Huttball, I'll vote for the person who played smart and thought of the objective the whole time to help us win. If I'm playing Alderaan, I'll vote for the person that actually shifted around the map to defend key points and stuck with me on objectives rather than getting ADD and chasing people down. If I'm playing Void Star, I'll vote for the guy who used the massive battle at one door as an opening to plant the bomb at the other, and successfully defended it. If that's not you, even if you're at the top of the damage chart (which you probably won't be if you're in my game, because that's going to be me...), then too bad. But that doesn't mean the system itself is a joke.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

Fdzzaigl
12.17.2011 , 05:20 AM | #45
Vote the way you want.

Are people going to vote for their friends, who possibly didn't contribute anything? Yes.

But at least it's possible that someone might show some appreciation when I've protected their *** while they were doing stupid things, or when you were the only one going after the ballhandler and his 5 protectors while the rest was doing random ****.

Healers and people who protect or actually go for the objectives do regularly get votes from the 25% or so players who actually care. It's not a bad motivation to keep it up.

Pappus
12.17.2011 , 05:30 AM | #46
What if you couldn't vote for the MVP of YOUR team but only in the enemies?

That way you eliminate the friendthing to a degree

Jay_Stocker
12.17.2011 , 07:13 AM | #47
most people dont seem to know about voting for MVPs, and when they do, they tend to go on either killing blows/damage dealt rather than objectives etc

Dariuszs
12.17.2011 , 07:39 AM | #48
Who cares if you dont get mvp if you have most damage. You probably dont deserve it anyway. Now not getting mvp votes when you score 3 times in a 3-2 huttball win with minimal support now that's freaking annoying...

Raggok
12.17.2011 , 07:43 AM | #49
It's not worth getting worked up over the MVP votes since it's something not possible to measure from a scoreboard. Who is the MvP? A guy who plays off the zerg and racks up a ton of "honor" kills and damage? Or the guy who died 5 different times keeping multiple players from capturing a node until reinforcements arrived?

Guildmates are going to give the MVP votes to their friends. Server celebrities will end up getting the rest.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates