Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone commending people is a joke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone commending people is a joke.

Thaonnor
12.16.2011 , 03:54 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by McDaniels View Post
Thats wrong... Why are you assuming that the way the system works is the way the developers intended it to work...

You really think the developers created an "MVP" system, so that people could vote for their friends, and not for the "MVP"? MVP = the player who is most valuable to your team... Not the player who is your best friend. There is a reason they didn't name it the "give your friend free stuff" system....

You clearly just feed your friends MVP votes and want it to stay that way.
I ask you this then sir... Why are you assuming that after a year of beta, the developers didn't change it if it wasn't working as intended?

They created the MVP system so I could pat a fellow player on the back if I wanted to. Quit getting up in arms, like leading damage somehow entitles you to MVP.

This thread is full of idiots crying because their top DPS may not have been what the group felt helped the most to win the game or wanted to vote for. Simple fact is, even in real life MVP situations, it isn't always about performance, it is about your value as a teammate, and maximum DPS is only a piece of the value puzzle.

Thaonnor
12.16.2011 , 03:56 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Newsflash:

Damage and kills win Warzones.

Just so you know, a dead player can't cap an objective. Revolutionary concept.

Me, I'd gladly lose a WZ for double the damage and kills of the next guy.
Really... I've venture to say that without healers you'd be dead pretty quick Mr Killer. And when you are dead, you certainly can't cap an objective either.

Doki
12.16.2011 , 04:39 PM | #33
Back in Beta I usually topped the healing charts with some damage thrown in to boot, and I don't remember ever getting even a single MVP vote. Such is the life of the PuG healer.

On the bright side, people don't yell at DPSers in chat when they die, even though you're the lone healer on a 20 v 20, they're stacking l33tDPSstatz0rz to the detriment of any type of defensive stat, and they're jumping into a pack of enemies halfway across the board, away from any teammates or support (memories of WAR, you vex me even to this day!). So you do have that going for you...
Quote:
As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

zozob
12.16.2011 , 04:41 PM | #34
There is too much voting for top heals imo. Kills and situational defending count just as much imo.
gunslinger~rp-pvp~lfg east coast

SeanPoe
12.16.2011 , 04:49 PM | #35
Here's my experience with the MVP system:
  • Top damage (doubled everyone), top healing (doubled everyone), zero deaths, most killing blows, middle of the pack objective score (even though i was defending a node the entire time) -- Don't get MVP
  • Top healing (doing quadruple everyone in total output if you add damage and healing together) -- Don't get MVP
  • Cap 8 of the 10 total nodes capped in a match and successfully defended one by myself the entire game preventing groups of enemies from capping it back -- Don't get MVP
  • Score 4 goals in huttball in a row when we were down 3 and everyone on our team pretty much gave up -- Don't get MVP
My conclusion: People PURPOSELY don't vote for the best player and instead vote for the worst or a mediocre person just so they themselves have a chance at getting the most votes. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the time some random person at the bottom of all the scores, with about 15 deaths sitting in the rez-zone the entire time, contributing nothing at all, is voted MVP.

Like another poster said, it should be made anonymous and once everyone votes, or after 15 seconds, it will show the names. And the reward for MVP votes should be a lot more than it currently is if it seriously is only one commendation per vote.

Miyi
12.16.2011 , 05:04 PM | #36
It's kind of silly. I saw one guy playing his little heart out of Huttball. Passing it scored a few times. Assisted in scoring due to passing.

The derp that was off killing people in his own world got top voted.

Ishan-Shade
12.16.2011 , 06:49 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post
Here's my experience with the MVP system:
  • Top damage (doubled everyone), top healing (doubled everyone), zero deaths, most killing blows, middle of the pack objective score (even though i was defending a node the entire time) -- Don't get MVP
  • Top healing (doing quadruple everyone in total output if you add damage and healing together) -- Don't get MVP
  • Cap 8 of the 10 total nodes capped in a match and successfully defended one by myself the entire game preventing groups of enemies from capping it back -- Don't get MVP
  • Score 4 goals in huttball in a row when we were down 3 and everyone on our team pretty much gave up -- Don't get MVP
My conclusion: People PURPOSELY don't vote for the best player and instead vote for the worst or a mediocre person just so they themselves have a chance at getting the most votes. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the time some random person at the bottom of all the scores, with about 15 deaths sitting in the rez-zone the entire time, contributing nothing at all, is voted MVP.

Like another poster said, it should be made anonymous and once everyone votes, or after 15 seconds, it will show the names. And the reward for MVP votes should be a lot more than it currently is if it seriously is only one commendation per vote.
Once I caught a fish | | <--- this big!

DarthOvertone
12.16.2011 , 07:12 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.
I don't vote for my friends because I WZ solo most of the time, but I'm probably one of those players you dislike. You see, I don't vote for teammates based on points. Instead, if you had my back, then you are likely to get a vote. If you healed me, you are likely to get a vote. If I see you a lot mixing it up, and not trying to chip stuff off the edges, then it is highly likely that I will vote for you.

It's my vote, eff you, I'm not going to vote for your points alone. I'm going to vote for the team member that impressed me the most, and points don't always tell the story.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Ashanor
12.16.2011 , 07:54 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.
I agree. Let the game decide and award the top players. Most players don't even bother to vote and when they do they vote for either their buddies or someone they shouldn't have voted for.

I regularly have warden defender medals or better and I hardly ever get votes.

FireStarterXoX
12.16.2011 , 08:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
I don't vote for my friends because I WZ solo most of the time, but I'm probably one of those players you dislike. You see, I don't vote for teammates based on points. Instead, if you had my back, then you are likely to get a vote. If you healed me, you are likely to get a vote. If I see you a lot mixing it up, and not trying to chip stuff off the edges, then it is highly likely that I will vote for you.

It's my vote, eff you, I'm not going to vote for your points alone. I'm going to vote for the team member that impressed me the most, and points don't always tell the story.
Thats kinda how I vote. I play a tank so I tend to remember who the healers are pretty quick. Sometimes when I throw a guard on a healer he/she literally sticks to me the whole friggin match helping me survive and I return the favor. I usually give my MVP to that person. If I'm not fortunate enough to have that healer, lol, then I usually vote according to what you just said.