Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone commending people is a joke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone commending people is a joke.

gundamemo
12.16.2011 , 01:03 PM | #21
Vote healer.

Problem solved.

EasymodeX
12.16.2011 , 01:25 PM | #22
Newsflash:

Damage and kills win Warzones.

Just so you know, a dead player can't cap an objective. Revolutionary concept.

Me, I'd gladly lose a WZ for double the damage and kills of the next guy.

Arellea
12.16.2011 , 01:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by McDaniels View Post
QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.
Why exactly does the scoreboard need to have anything whatsoever to do with mvp votes. personally if I see a player that actually does something smart in a game (ie actually help defend something rather than just running to the next kill target) they get my vote. Top damage/kills usually just means they're an irresponsible moron who runs off looking for their next tunnel vision target. There's more to warzones than just pure #'s.

drewmo
12.16.2011 , 01:32 PM | #24
With voting people are allowed to pick whoever they want. Why should a noob PVP and never get any bonuses or commendations because he is not as high a level as you are? No one deserves any votes, but people can get votes if it is decided.

Remember you don't deserve anything, just be happy with what you have, and what you get. Be grateful, talk, and really connect with the people in your WZ, and maybe you will get MVP. But if you just get massive kills, never help score, don't help others kill their targets, or talk with anyone how can you expect their vote? Play your own game and use your vote like everyone else don't think that you should get theirs. Value is something that everyone determines on their own, if your team values someone else more then you, respect that choice and expect them to respect your choice.

ThaWolf
12.16.2011 , 03:06 PM | #25
I like it very much , and i like it even more, when the top killers/zero objectives or else, start crying that they are not getting the MVP, because this means most ppl actually have understood the concept!

I look at everything and try to remember who was playing clever, the only thing im not looking at is the lvl, since it has nothing to do with the MVP.

Izola
12.16.2011 , 03:12 PM | #26
QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.
if the objective was to kill people i would MVP you, but its not so i gave it to someone who actually did something to win the match.....ya dig?

Saigodjin
12.16.2011 , 03:22 PM | #27
whaa..da fack is the MVP system ??

oythebillybumblr
12.16.2011 , 03:29 PM | #28

Yea, and those kids with the highest K/Ds in Call of Duty are always the most valuable to their team...

Sycthrex
12.16.2011 , 03:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Newsflash:

Damage and kills win Warzones.

Just so you know, a dead player can't cap an objective. Revolutionary concept.

Me, I'd gladly lose a WZ for double the damage and kills of the next guy.
So bad at PvP

Thaonnor
12.16.2011 , 03:50 PM | #30
The problem is how would the game rank players?

Most objectives?

Most defense?

Most damage done?

Most kills?

Most solo kills?

Most healing?

As you can see, 6/8 of the people would be getting extra rewards if you gave one out for each category, and otherwise there would be no legitimate way to decide. The system is smart, but a system cannot tell who the players feel really helped the team along. Sure maybe I scored 5 times in Huttball, but it was that guy who grabbed the ball and passed it to me who was the real MVP.

I say leave it how it is. You aren't getting extreme amounts of extra reward.

Like I said in the last thread - the only people who make these threads are the people who are feeling like they are putting in the most and never getting MVP... truth is that the MVP award is not truly an MVP award, but rather for the player that the team feel most deserves it... whether that be their friend or not.

Don't break a system that is just fine and isn't game breaking.