Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_DaGreat's Avatar


_DaGreat
03.08.2012 , 12:51 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
I wouldn't call it either. I'd call it 100% par for the course with the MMORPG player crowd and proof of Lincoln's famous "you can please some of the people all the time and yuo can please all the people some of the time, but you can't lpeaase all the people all the time." The corollary to all of that, of course, is that some people can never be pleased. EVER. And THEY will be the most vocal of all because they view the world as against them and live in a constant victimhood echo chamber bubble where every single little slight theyfeel to their wants and desires is another confirmation that everyone and everything is out to screw them.
LOL, this post should be stickied because it sums up the attitude of so many that come to the forums and post.

Great post... I agree 100%

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
03.08.2012 , 01:03 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by -Fritz- View Post
you guys are really going off into your own little worlds.

he said there will be balance changes for all classes in 1.2

that was it, the end. no details, nothing.

...and people just went off on their own little stories and turned it into some dramatic thing.



you know last i checked every mmo game out there has class balance changes on pretty much every patch that comes out.

this is not something new and scary.
There were two separate quotes actually. The one in this thread and then this one here...


http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...13#edit3274813

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We have some changes coming for all classes. Enough that we're granting everyone a free respec. What constitutes a nerf and what is a buff is in the eye of the beholder....
So if they are changing "all class" to the point where they are "granting everyone a free respec" just a few months into the game it makes some of us a little nervous given our experience with SWG and previous MMO's.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
03.08.2012 , 01:25 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post

So if they are changing "all class" to the point where they are "granting everyone a free respec" just a few months into the game it makes some of us a little nervous given our experience with SWG and previous MMO's.
Not to mention the nerf they did to Scoundrel/Scrapper shortly after the game launched. Or the rebalancing of Surge. All of it has made me a little nervous, when it seems like many of these things should have been ironed out during the lengthy beta testing.

Viliphied's Avatar


Viliphied
03.08.2012 , 01:25 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
There were two separate quotes actually. The one in this thread and then this one here...


http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...13#edit3274813



So if they are changing "all class" to the point where they are "granting everyone a free respec" just a few months into the game it makes some of us a little nervous given our experience with SWG and previous MMO's.
As previously noted, this absolutely does NOT indicate that every class is getting a major overhaul.

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
03.08.2012 , 02:13 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Viliphied View Post
As previously noted, this absolutely does NOT indicate that every class is getting a major overhaul.
I really really hope that's the case. I really do. The fact that they're making changes to "all" classes and they are handing out a "free respec" to everyone is the part that makes me nervous.

I don't want to spend months getting my characters to the point where I enjoy playing them only to have to the carpet pulled out from under me and have to learn to play again.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
03.08.2012 , 02:20 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I really really hope that's the case. I really do. The fact that they're making changes to "all" classes and they are handing out a "free respec" to everyone is the part that makes me nervous.

I don't want to spend months getting my characters to the point where I enjoy playing them only to have to the carpet pulled out from under me and have to learn to play again.
In all likelyhood, the changes to most classes will probably be more minor. Maybe some skill trees will be moved around, maybe some skills adjusted in terms of power or energy costs.

Probably though, we're going to see something done about Tracer Missile. Not nerfed so much, but maybe some benefits given to Tracer Missile moved to other skills instead. But that is just speculation. Maybe they'll just move all the BH abilities into tracer missile, and it will become truly a one button class.

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
03.08.2012 , 02:54 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
In all likelyhood, the changes to most classes will probably be more minor. Maybe some skill trees will be moved around, maybe some skills adjusted in terms of power or energy costs.

Probably though, we're going to see something done about Tracer Missile. Not nerfed so much, but maybe some benefits given to Tracer Missile moved to other skills instead. But that is just speculation. Maybe they'll just move all the BH abilities into tracer missile, and it will become truly a one button class.
I would be happy if they just changed the animation. Right now it borders on obscene. I always wonder what exactly my character is doing when he bends over and starts fiddling around and stuff.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

ikinai's Avatar


ikinai
03.08.2012 , 03:01 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I would be happy if they just changed the animation. Right now it borders on obscene. I always wonder what exactly my character is doing when he bends over and starts fiddling around and stuff.
You've just got to worry when bent over if a Hutt asks you to squeal like an Ugnaught.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

ProfessorWalsh's Avatar


ProfessorWalsh
03.08.2012 , 03:08 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
There are balance adjustments to all classes in Game Update 1.2.

Details should be available as soon as 1.2 hits the Public Test Server.

I will abstain from discussing details before that happens for the simple fact that without having the big picture (e.g. the sum of all changes), discussion is moot.

-- Georg
When will it be on the PTS?
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
03.08.2012 , 03:08 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
You've just got to worry when bent over if a Hutt asks you to squeal like an Ugnaught.
Well I do have a pretty mouth. I mean... my character does. Wait... am I on the wrong forum?
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006