Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coldin
03.12.2012 , 01:24 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by wickedUOF View Post
Your sense of entitlement is incredible, I'd love some details on classes as well but your wording makes you sound like a child. MMO gamers...lol. You act like you're walking into a lambourghini dealership when you pull out your $50 + $15/month. It really is detestable.
Personally, I think of myself as a customer with an investment (however small) into a product. A product I hope to enjoy months and years into the future. I stated my concerns in a clear manner, and am not simply crying that Bioware isn't communicating. I actually appreciate that Georg has come into my thread to post information. I can express my desire that I would like some more information, but obviously he's unable or unwilling to give further info until 1.2 hits the PTS.

Honestly, I think calling me a child is more "childish" than myself expressing some impatience and dissatisfaction. We received a great deal of information about 1.2 during the guild summit, but it simply wasn't the information I was looking for. I also wish people would stop using "sense of entitlement" as if it's a slander. There is always some sense of entitlement when one is paying for a product or service. It does not matter if it's a hundred thousand dollars, or just 15 dollars a month.

Coldin
03.12.2012 , 01:27 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by RMIGZ View Post
I would LOVE to see a dev's response to the painfully obvious issues with this class. I shelved my Marauder for a Sorcerer because of how much more useful a Sorcerer is in PvP and PvE. Next on the list is Bounty Hunter. It's sad that, to me, the most interesting class is such garbage compared to the expectation I had from reading the website prior to character creation.

Damage: Marauder = Sorcerer
Mobility: Marauder < Sorcerer
Healing: Marauder < Sorcerer
CC: Marauder < Sorcerer
Survival: Marauder < Sorcerer
Knockback/AoE: Marauder < Sorcerer

I can't imagine that Marauder's are working as intended.
Sorcerers, and Inquisitors in general, seem to have the most tools to bring to a group. I know some Maruaders/Sentinels that dish out some incredible damage, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

If we do see some changes to the class, it probably will be lessen the skill level while keeping the damage the same. Also probably to give Knights/Warriors one utility skill like a stun or knockback.

I actually had a Sentinel at one point, but due to the difficulty and lack of utility in the class, I switched over to a Guardian. I was a lot happier with the change.

rkspeck
03.12.2012 , 01:35 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
I don't really agree with that. Every class should have a fairly clear counter. Yes a good player should reliably beat a bad player, but it should be a lot harder to do so when against your 'counter class'.
Again, There will never be that balance in any MMO because so many factors play into what is OP and not based on the abilities and player skill.

Again, after 1.2 if you nerf Marauders, there will be another TOP 1 v 1 class. You will never get around it unless you make all the classes the same.

A good 1 v 1 Assassin can wreck a marauder if played right and equally geared. So does that mean they should be nerfed? no.

WZs are not geared around 1 v 1s. Ilum and world PvP sure, there will be a lot more 1 v 1 action. All plays a part on skill, gear and who gets the jump.

By your logic I need Sorcs and Sages to be nerfed. They are 1 of the best Group PvP classes and have so much more utility in WZs. This is unfair to the Marauder class...blah blah blah
Orynn - Marauder

"The Council"

hadoken
03.12.2012 , 01:43 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by rkspeck View Post
A good 1 v 1 Assassin can wreck a marauder if played right and equally geared. So does that mean they should be nerfed? no.
Actually they should but that's a different argument. Tank spec is far too strong in pvp for that class, compared to the others that have that role.

All this stuff is pointless though, we'll see what happens in 1.2 whenever they decide to throw more bones our way.

rkspeck
03.12.2012 , 01:52 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Actually they should but that's a different argument. Tank spec is far too strong in pvp for that class, compared to the others that have that role.

All this stuff is pointless though, we'll see what happens in 1.2 whenever they decide to throw more bones our way.
I for one think the marauder class is one of the better balanced classes due to the complexity of which it takes to play their rotation/priority system. (Meaning not face role with Rage spec or mash 3 buttons like other classes).

You are right and this is all pointless and we can only see what will take place in 1.2.
Orynn - Marauder

"The Council"

Dangzing
03.12.2012 , 02:06 PM | #156
just give me /stick and /face and let me put them on my bar and let's call it a wrap shall we?

Felioats
03.12.2012 , 02:14 PM | #157
Relax. In Georg time, "Soon™" means "soon."

I seem to even recall a "very soon" that ended up happening the next day.
>

Coldin
03.12.2012 , 02:18 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Relax. In Georg time, "Soon™" means "soon."

I seem to even recall a "very soon" that ended up happening the next day.
Heh. I come from DDO, where if you were around, "Soon" became a bit of shunned word. We were in the dark for information for 6 months or more, with no updates or any news on the horizon. Of course, it actually ended up being because of the lawsuits with Atari and then the conversion over to the F2P model that everything was so dark. Still, I think many DDO players don't really like hearing the word "Soon" anymore.

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll learn more this week.

JeramieCrowe
03.12.2012 , 02:25 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Heh. I come from DDO, where if you were around, "Soon" became a bit of shunned word. We were in the dark for information for 6 months or more, with no updates or any news on the horizon. Of course, it actually ended up being because of the lawsuits with Atari and then the conversion over to the F2P model that everything was so dark. Still, I think many DDO players don't really like hearing the word "Soon" anymore.

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll learn more this week.
You're not in DDO anymore, Mephit.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Coldin
03.12.2012 , 02:40 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
You're not in DDO anymore, Mephit.
Maybe not, but it's still amusing to see how similar MMOs can be, from the game, to the devs, to the community.