Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Update 1.2 Class Balances and the Nitty Gritty Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

silky_soft_
03.10.2012 , 02:28 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
Yes, we're totally aware of that IGN article that misconstrues and decontextualizes the facts.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/statu...36594037465090
Quote: Originally Posted by @Rockjaw
@demonicking08 We're not entirely sure why IGN reported on that; BH is not getting 'singled out' for changes in 1.2.
Should be a politician side stepping the use of nerf.
wtb silence skill
wtb solo and 4 man ranked warzones
wtb cross server que
wtb 1 united server

hadoken
03.10.2012 , 07:45 AM | #112
Apparently Georg said at the summit that sent/mara are too strong in a good player's hands, so we should be expecting adjustments of some sort to them.

Manigma
03.10.2012 , 08:05 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Apparently Georg said at the summit that sent/mara are too strong in a good player's hands, so we should be expecting adjustments of some sort to them.
That's odd, I've never seen them as a "problem" class, perhaps there are no good players on my server

midnitemonster
03.10.2012 , 08:11 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNinjaboy View Post
I cancelled with 1.2 patch as the reason.

Didn't like what I saw to be honest and it's going to be getting warm outside soon.

I have about 2 weeks and might resub depending on what everyone says about 1.2.

Right now it doesn't look good though and neither does the current state of the game.
Don't forget your tinfoil hat...

Canceling w/o actually playing or seeing for yourself is fairly ignorant. But hey, to each their own.
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Denarok
03.10.2012 , 08:15 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
Word has been leaked from the Guild Summit that the expected balance changes are much, much more extensive that what they've related to IGN.

Essentially, every class is going to have their talents trees re-designed and hence why everybody will have all of their talent points refunded for free upon the introduction of 1.2

Expect broad sweeping changes regarding all classes.

If this true this is very scary, update 1.2 sounds great overall, but if I have to change class after all these changes because it not the same class, and I don't mean a nerf or one skill being changed, but everything being changed all for PVP, when all I do is PVE, then I will be extremely disappointed.

hadoken
03.10.2012 , 08:19 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Manigma View Post
That's odd, I've never seen them as a "problem" class, perhaps there are no good players on my server
That is likely, as they are the strongest 1v1 class in the game (though I think gunslingers/snipers are a decent counter to them).

Bazzoong
03.10.2012 , 11:53 AM | #117
What`s going to happen is this:

Smash and it`s equivalent will be gone (at least in it`s current form) and there will be a new skill which is faster to set up single target damage.

BH, Tropper will get a nerf on armor pen. and their dots (varying on ac tree).

Overall base damage (and maybe healing) will be increased, overall crit damage (and maybe healing) will be decreased. There will be no more hits (and heals) greater than 15-20% (20-25%) of a players health.

The placement of a lot of abilities in the ac trees will change and a lot more links will be established like the shadow technique links in the infiltration tree regarding project in an earlier patch.

Onager
03.10.2012 , 01:02 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Bazzoong View Post
What`s going to happen is this:

Smash and it`s equivalent will be gone (at least in it`s current form) and there will be a new skill which is faster to set up single target damage.

BH, Tropper will get a nerf on armor pen. and their dots (varying on ac tree).

Overall base damage (and maybe healing) will be increased, overall crit damage (and maybe healing) will be decreased. There will be no more hits (and heals) greater than 15-20% (20-25%) of a players health.

The placement of a lot of abilities in the ac trees will change and a lot more links will be established like the shadow technique links in the infiltration tree regarding project in an earlier patch.
This is a fair assessment. Everyone shouldn't really be sweating nerfs or buffs. Every class is getting dramatic revamps to the point where you're not even guaranteed to be able to recognize them.

I have a pretty strong stomach for this kind of thing, but other people would be 'outraged' (LOL) while still others, IMO likely the majority, might actually come back to the game they unsubbed from a month ago due to the changes.

It's ultimately good for the game, what 1.2 will bring. Some people won't like it, but it's not for them.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Vixity
03.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #119
The only real balancing issues I have had on my characters has been my smuggler (GS). While the damage CAN be outright amazing, at the same time we're about as squishy as a pillow pet. My smuggler absolutely cannot take a hit, whether in cover or not. Sure, cover is great for reducing ranged damage, but not everything is ranged. Sure, we have some nice abilities whether through spec or class spells to push mobs / players away and snare / stun, but those all tend to last for a few seconds and having to use them all at once just to keep one thing off of you for a few seconds still leaves you completely defenseless to everything else. Your defensive cooldowns are somewhat of joke. The group shield is pretty awesome, assuming you yourself aren't being whacked on. On the other hand, the absorb shield is the most pathetic defensive CD in the game right now imo. I think I absorb a whopping 1.5k damage, so basically I get to reduce some the damage on the next hit. Dodge is fairly balanced, but maybe lower the CD by 10 seconds and remove the reduced CD from the DF tree. Mostly, I would just like to see the absorb maybe get a buff and bring it more up to par on the inquisitor shields. For an absorb CD with a 1 minute you would tend to think it might absord more than say, the 15 second (because of debuff) absorb that can ALSO be casted on allies. I don't really think it's all too fair that a clothie can outlast someone in medium armor and have heals / tank CDs to boot (I'm not hatin', just making a point :P). Just me ranting, but I would like to have a bit more survivability in both pve and pvp right now rather than spending the fight being intimate with the floor.

enigmacypher
03.10.2012 , 04:39 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatzimaus View Post
Replace "bugs" with "customers" and I think you'll be closer to the truth. People playing horribly unbalanced classes (Operatives and Scoundrels, especially) aren't likely to stick around for an extra month in the hopes of getting a fix, especially since they haven't told us what any of the fixes will be. This isn't a single-player game where you can just mothball it for a month until a big patch comes out to fix it; we're paying monthly subscriptions here and once we stop paying, we're not coming back.

err agents and smugglers are OP ??

i have played every class in the game to at least 20 and i didn't find this but found my bounty hunter as tank or healer up there and bottom of the line is JK guardian if trying to use a tank build for PvE soloing the worst mainly because of when the ranged healer comes out.

maybe agents and smugglers are OP in PvP due to number of stuns but then this is why healers with the added slot can remove stuns but since most of us healer get tired of being pwned while everyone else run on to the win (the fact that we can get extra points now for healing when someone else gets a kill is a bit better but not sure if this isn't unbalancing in the other direction>