Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bowdaar bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordXalas
03.07.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
since the new patch that accrued yesterday there has been a bug that made me shelf my smuggler. Today i just finished nar shadaa and expected to be running around with my new found wookie friend like the smuggler i am but alas the bug hits.

After i leave nar shadaa it seems that the wookie is gone. He's not shown on the ship, crew skill list. i figured hey, ill just continue the story and see if he shows up....now im on tatioone and still no sign of bowdaar ever joining my crew.

I play a gunslinger so i was also excited with a melee tank so he can keep the mobs distracted. Untill this problem is looked at im shelving my smuggler until this is fixed.

Thank you
DDE

PiercerPro
03.07.2012 , 02:57 PM | #2
Sometimes not gaining a companion can occour when you do not follow the "intended path" to complete the quest.

<Begin example>

Quest says head to your Ship and use your Holo terminal.

You choose to Fleet pass and do some stuff on Fleet.

<end example>

By not physically going to your hanger on the planet. The game cannot begin a Conversation which, for the sake of argument, happens in your hanger in which your companion may choose to join your Crew.

Try going back to the planet and exiting your hanger and then Re-enter it.
"A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer."
Kurn lvl 50 Corruption Sorcerer

LordXalas
03.07.2012 , 03:08 PM | #3
i did that also. I left nar shadaa, did the quest right after that but bowdaar was gone even then during the intended route. He's just gone and seeing the smuggler forums i'm not the only one experiencing this.

It seems it has to do with the new patch since other smugs are reporting that this didn't happen last week.
DDE

anthonyyo
03.07.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4
Submit a ticket with all the information you can give!
Hi :>

LordXalas
03.07.2012 , 03:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by anthonyyo View Post
Submit a ticket with all the information you can give!
lol also submitted one. Made this thread so they can find the problem faster and hopes of putting in a patch to fix this for all us new fond smugs out there. Till then ill just finish my maraudar story (very close to the end)
DDE

Tyranthus
03.07.2012 , 03:18 PM | #6
I am also experiencing this bug. Hope it's remedied soon.
NORSE, Scoundrel Supreme
<Dawn>

The Harbinger

Ever'day I'm smugglin...

LordXalas
03.07.2012 , 03:27 PM | #7
so do I; started to fall in love with my smuggler but i really want my wookie pal
DDE

Jerid
03.07.2012 , 03:43 PM | #8
Multiple people have been reporting this in the Smuggler Player board.

Just make sure you have a /bug report filed out ingame this is something they're going to have on the top of their priority list.

Buttascotch
03.07.2012 , 04:01 PM | #9
Same problem here. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having the problem.
Devi'l - Corellian Run
Gunslinger

NoRforU
03.07.2012 , 04:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PiercerPro View Post
Sometimes not gaining a companion can occour when you do not follow the "intended path" to complete the quest.

<Begin example>

Quest says head to your Ship and use your Holo terminal.

You choose to Fleet pass and do some stuff on Fleet.

<end example>

By not physically going to your hanger on the planet. The game cannot begin a Conversation which, for the sake of argument, happens in your hanger in which your companion may choose to join your Crew.

Try going back to the planet and exiting your hanger and then Re-enter it.
...Unfortunately, this bug happens even when you do everything in the proper order.
SWG Veteran
Ka'ar --> Shadowtown
Spaceballs the signature!