Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive frame rate drop when indoors with ATI cards.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Massive frame rate drop when indoors with ATI cards.

icky_nick
12.16.2011 , 08:47 AM | #1
It would seem that everyone I've spoken to with an ATI card at least, who goes indoors has a massive frame rate drop. This is affecting multiple people. I have the latest drivers for my ATI card. Changing settings doesn't seem to help the issue. Toggling Vsync seems to make it worse in some cases. I was getting near 60 fps during beta (Thanksgiving weekend) and now on live I'm noticing my frame rate is abysmal (30 fps max). I'm running an ATI 6570. I can list other specs if need be.

Pinedog
12.17.2011 , 02:29 AM | #2
E8400, Nvidia 8800gt, 4 gig ram.
Running on all low, except 1920-1080.

throughtout the first 10 levels I get ~32 fps outdoors. When i go indoors(area change buildings/caves) it's either unaffected, or i drop down to ~5 fps. The fact that it sometimes stays at 30 and sometimes drops must be some optimization problem.

Remamian
12.17.2011 , 02:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by icky_nick View Post
It would seem that everyone I've spoken to with an ATI card at least, who goes indoors has a massive frame rate drop. This is affecting multiple people. I have the latest drivers for my ATI card. Changing settings doesn't seem to help the issue. Toggling Vsync seems to make it worse in some cases. I was getting near 60 fps during beta (Thanksgiving weekend) and now on live I'm noticing my frame rate is abysmal (30 fps max). I'm running an ATI 6570. I can list other specs if need be.

If its on taris, it has nothing to do with your computer, or connection. Its the game. I get the same problem when i go indoors on taris

renegadeimp
12.17.2011 , 02:33 AM | #4
Please stop generalizing. It's a problem with your settings or system configuration. I've played this tame on a 5450, 5770, 6950 and haven't had any probs.

Try disabling shadows and see what happens. I think I know exactly what the prob is, I just want to see if that does anything first.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

jleslie
12.17.2011 , 02:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Please stop generalizing. It's a problem with your settings or system configuration. I've played this tame on a 5450, 5770, 6950 and haven't had any probs.

Try disabling shadows and see what happens. I think I know exactly what the prob is, I just want to see if that does anything first.
lol love the ppl that always quick to jump to defense of software developers, yeah theres some probs with game atm, should b ironed out with first performance patch (on 20th id imagine)