Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Assassin leveling spec?

Mondavian
03.07.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1
Just getting started with my assassin (level 13) and curious as to the best spec for leveling? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Eternalnight
03.07.2012 , 11:04 AM | #2
Same one you're going to use at level 50

Mondavian
03.07.2012 , 11:14 AM | #3
Which spec would that be?

Citywok
03.07.2012 , 11:22 AM | #4
Go for darkness definitely. The survivability is key and you actually do good dps.

Ferrigno
03.07.2012 , 11:29 AM | #5
Having just finished the same grind you are facing now, I found it much easier to stick to deception until the mid 30's and then switch to darkness (or madness if it suits your fancy).

Mondavian
03.07.2012 , 11:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrigno View Post
Having just finished the same grind you are facing now, I found it much easier to stick to deception until the mid 30's and then switch to darkness (or madness if it suits your fancy).
Ferrigno, thank you very much for your help!

Eternalnight
03.07.2012 , 11:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mondavian View Post
Which spec would that be?
Oh my gods...

That is a question you should be asking from yourself.

What are you planning to do in the end game? Tank or DPS?
Level up in the same spec that you would use then, so you learn to play that spec.

Mondavian
03.07.2012 , 11:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Oh my gods...

That is a question you should be asking from yourself.

What are you planning to do in the end game? Tank or DPS?
Level up in the same spec that you would use then, so you learn to play that spec.
Just looking for a little help, not an argument. No need to be rude.

Citywok
03.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mondavian View Post
Just looking for a little help, not an argument. No need to be rude.
Telling you, you have to go darkness and use dark charge. I switched to deception while leveling and while it did do damage well, I was severely lacking in survivability. You prettyt much have to use surging charge as deception and its not worth it. Don't go deception until you're 50 and decide you want to DPS in raids or something.

mkster
03.07.2012 , 11:55 AM | #10
Deception til 25. Then respect darkness and use dps gear with as much power and surge as you can grab. You'll blow mobs away. I finished my class story at 46 with ease. I went with a death field build I think it was somethingnlike 24/0/17 but recently wither got a big buff so I'd grab that especially since inquisitors don't get a healer til late. The stacks in harnessed darkness with give your force lightning 3% heals each tick with huge dmg. Oh and use a dps companion once you get them khem sucks after 25 ish.

Lemme know if ya got any questions.