Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

light sabe woes

MtneerInTN
03.07.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1
Okay, I'm a Jedi Consular and got artifice, archeology, and treasure hunting. I'm happly going along, learning my skills when a new two bladed light saber comes my way. Cool! It's better than the one I've been improving with my skills so I swap it out and re-engineer the old one. Wait, I can't artifice my new one. Now I have nothing for my skills to operate on! I don't see any visible sign at a merchant that their light saber will be any different. Why is there a light saber I can't artifice anyway? Isn't that my profession, taking them apart and putting them together better? What should I do? What should I buy? Please help!

MtneerInTN
03.07.2012 , 08:53 AM | #2
How do I subcribe to this thread so I don't lose it?
Impetus - An impelling force

Icysunx
03.07.2012 , 10:03 AM | #3
Drop artifice get biochem, craft over powered med packs, stims, and adrenals and then buy a pvp saber = problem solved

Rabid-Wookiee
03.07.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4
If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you owned a moddable/upgradeable lightsaber (the icon has an orange box around it), and then replaced it with a lightsaber that can't be modded (has a green or blue box around it). If that's the case, usually you can buy another orange lightsaber from the Galactic Trade Network or, oftentimes, from a world commendation vendor.
Bearers of Pall
Bearers of Ajunta Pall. Reapers of all.

GnatB
03.07.2012 , 12:02 PM | #5
And just to pop in, everbody can mod customizeable (orange) lightsabers, not just artifices.

Artifices are just the ones able to craft the hilts/crystals/enhancements to put in them.

(P.S. Anybody else think it's lopsided that armstech gets barrels, while artifice gets hilts, crystals *and* enhancments? (and relics, generators and focii) Seems like armstech should have gotten either crystals or enhancements, at least... but that boat has long since sailed...)

Toonimator
03.07.2012 , 01:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
And just to pop in, everbody can mod customizeable (orange) lightsabers, not just artifices.

Artifices are just the ones able to craft the hilts/crystals/enhancements to put in them.

(P.S. Anybody else think it's lopsided that armstech gets barrels, while artifice gets hilts, crystals *and* enhancments? (and relics, generators and focii) Seems like armstech should have gotten either crystals or enhancements, at least... but that boat has long since sailed...)
Armstech also can craft a lot of actual blasters, moddable & otherwise (along with rifles, sniper rifles, assault cannons, electrostaves, vibroswords). Artifice has very few actual lightsabers it can craft, last I checked, so it gets to craft more upgrade items.