Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP and PVE Gears and Mods VS Crafting Gears and Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
PVP and PVE Gears and Mods VS Crafting Gears and Mods

loztchild
03.07.2012 , 05:58 AM | #1
What is the point in crafting armors or weapons if the PVP and PVE gears are way better. How are we suppose to make profit of our merchandise that we craft if there is an NPC that has better gears? We can even offer gears that has Expertise. So to make some credits from crafting, we need people that are less knowledgable on the PVP and PVE gears to buy are weak products? We should be able to craft gears that are better than the ones on NPC but rare to craft or different in a better way than the NPC products.

Raani
03.07.2012 , 06:08 AM | #2
PvP gear varies from much to slightly worse than crafted gear. Expertise is completely useless in PvE, and while in a PvP setting it may compensate for a loss in both primary and secondary stats, in PvE it only takes up room for better stats.

Tionese gear is worse than crafted/modded, Columi is about on a par, and Rakata is somewhat better. Depending on itemization and spec, some crafted pieces can be superior to Rakata.

It's normal for the highest raid tier to be better than crafted gear.

Next patch, crit-crafted gear will be better than anything else.

loztchild
03.07.2012 , 06:43 AM | #3
Thank you for your feedback, because i wanted to know people are suppose to make credits. And im aware of the Expertise purpose and i notice Tionese gears arent better than what you craft and that columni are somewhat equal. But my question was aimed more at the endgame. I wasn hoping wat we craft would be a bit less power than the PVE or PVP shops so people that actualy do PVE (FP and OP) and PVP will deserve the best since they participate in those events. However, for those crafts that even keep up to endgame stuff kinda depress me and im sure others. Anyways ill wait for the Patch 1.2 and as you say im looking forward in what they will do.

Raani
03.07.2012 , 06:53 AM | #4
I'm probably not the only one confused by the 180 from your first post to the second.