Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have They Nerfed Sorcerers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have They Nerfed Sorcerers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WickidSith
03.07.2012 , 04:26 AM | #1
I understand they have stopped the exploit where you could move and spam force lightening, I never used that anyway so that aspect is abslolutely fine.

I have for the last couple of weeks constantly scored over 400-450k damage every warzone with over 25 kills without fail, however since the patch was implemented yesterday I have got sometimes around 150-200k. I also now seem to die twice as fast, I have no idea why. My HP is of course the same, but it just seems like I am now playing with 7.5k instead of 15k. I don't understand what can actually go so wrong overnight.

Or could it be just a pure coincidence that I all of a sudden suck at PvP and everyone is targeting me now when they never did before?

KyoMamoru
03.07.2012 , 04:28 AM | #2
No nerf in the patch notes. On my server, many of the good players that had taken breaks / rolled alts, are now back participating in PVP again due the changes. For example, I haven't been on my main character for a week or two, since I've been working on my Sith Warrior. It's now level 50, with enough gear to operate relatively well in my hands in PVP since hitting level cap last week. I noticed many other players had done the same.

It's possible the same could be true on your server.

Murdertrane
03.07.2012 , 04:40 AM | #3
It's also possible that your numbers pissed somebody off and they started marking ya.

This is normally reserved for healers (sorry guys, I love ya, but ya gotta die) but occasionally an outstanding DPSer will earn a mark.

Dead sorc does little damage.

Just throwing it out there.

Slinktress
03.07.2012 , 04:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WickidSith View Post
I understand they have stopped the exploit where you could move and spam force lightening, I never used that anyway so that aspect is abslolutely fine.

I have for the last couple of weeks constantly scored over 400-450k damage every warzone with over 25 kills without fail, however since the patch was implemented yesterday I have got sometimes around 150-200k. I also now seem to die twice as fast, I have no idea why. My HP is of course the same, but it just seems like I am now playing with 7.5k instead of 15k. I don't understand what can actually go so wrong overnight.

Or could it be just a pure coincidence that I all of a sudden suck at PvP and everyone is targeting me now when they never did before?
Don't think so, we're still quite annoyed with them on Republic side

I've been told the lightning is supposed to "slow", but either multiple lightning (from >1 sorcerer) creates a freeze from stacking slows or really does a stun vs. slow even with lvl 50 on 50? The sage's telekinetic throw slows unless there is a "weaker" target, then it "immobilizes", so am I missing some stacking feature at level 50 with that ability?
~*~Slinktress~*~ Band of Brothers/Prophecy of the Five @Slinktress on Twitter - Geek News!

KyoMamoru
03.07.2012 , 04:41 AM | #5
Also, on another note, I've noticed a vast increase on the level of Warriors/Knights on our server in the past week. They are -very- effective in taking down cast bar turret classes. I've been in a few Warzones that were all Sith Warriors this week.

GrandMike
03.07.2012 , 04:43 AM | #6
You stopped playing agains terribads that let you freecast for the duraton of WZ and then come to QQ about it on forums.

Kinda ends all "sorc/sage is OP".

WickidSith
03.07.2012 , 04:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
You stopped playing agains terribads that let you freecast for the duraton of WZ and then come to QQ about it on forums.

Kinda ends all "sorc/sage is OP".
I have no idea what you just said

Lord_Karsk
03.07.2012 , 04:49 AM | #8
If it helps it's the same for my trooper.

Redmarx
03.07.2012 , 04:52 AM | #9
Looks like people are finally realising that sorcs/mercs are quite mediocre for PVP, and it's melee like assassins, marauders, juggs and powertechs who truly dominate.

Something good players have known for a long time, I guess it was inevitable the info would trickle down eventually.

DariuszPol
03.07.2012 , 05:25 AM | #10
Hmmm... was it Operative ? Yesterday one Sorc said something rude on chat so in return I hunted him down whole WZ to the point when I moved to their base and was killing him just after he left forcefield.
I was taking breaks only if I could not vanish after fight near their enemy base.
REMEMBER: People in PVP don't hate you. They just want you dead :-)
Stun Wars: Just Stun Republic