Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher broken by update? o.O

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aesri
03.06.2012 , 10:03 PM | #1
Patch today...1.1.5

I patch....then launcher vanishes and seemingly refuses to appear. I can open multiple instances of launcher.exe and receive no "you can only run one " warning anymore.

Tried fixlauncher.....tried everything in troubleshooting thread...tried reinstalling....tried everything I can find that's even remotely related to my situation and ...nada.

Click on shortcut/exe and ....well the process is in task manager...but that's not what I'm subbed for.

HELP! o.o
"I'm a smuggler. I point and laugh at blockades."

Gatzoh
03.06.2012 , 10:09 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Aesri,

If you see a "launcher.exe.update" file in your root folder of Star Wars: The Old Republic, please rename it and afterwards run the fixlauncher.exe. Additionally please delete the "assets_swtor_main.version" file (EDIT: This may cause in a reload of 12GB).

Last but not least, please run the launcher "as administrator" and re-add the swtor.exe and launcher.exe to the whitelist of your firewall and antivir-application.
Gatzoh | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aesri
03.06.2012 , 10:34 PM | #3
Did it...same result. A new copy of the launcher update file has appeared, while updating the message of "launcher is being updated, please wait" appears in the red bar on top of the launcher, and .....I receive the same result as I got doing everything I did before I went through your suggestion. I tried your suggestion twice. Delete launcher update file, run fixlauncher, watch launcher update and then disappear and I'm back to square one. Run launcher, nothing happens other than launcher taking a siesta in task manager.

It is sitting there on my task manager at about 8.5k mem usage. It's just lounging there, like it's flipping me off and drinking a mint julip.

Again, I appeal for HELP! o.O

Gatzoh
03.06.2012 , 10:55 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Aesri,

I have to ask: You re-added the swtor.exe and launcher.exe to the whitelist of your firewall and antivirus-application and started the launcher.exe "as administrator" (Rightclick launcher.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run this program as an administrator)?

Aesri
03.06.2012 , 11:11 PM | #5
Huh...had never seen that happen on my Comodo. Anti-virus didn't have it excepted, but wasn't giving me alerts but I added it and the launcher popped up. It's updating now after I'd accepted the EULAs and such but lets see if it doesn't have another conniption during/immediately following this 11.6 gig update. o.o

Gatzoh
03.06.2012 , 11:45 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Aesri,

If you have the "assets_swtor_main.version" in your recycle bin, move it back into the root folder (backup the current one) of SWTOR. As it seems your case was just a whitelist issue, it was not neccessary to delete this file, which causes the reload of the 12GB. I apologize that I have missed to inform you about this fact.

AH-Mael
03.06.2012 , 11:52 PM | #7
I did all that and still no love. I was in the game playing, exited to make dinner, and now can't get back in.

Gatzoh
03.06.2012 , 11:56 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by AH-Mael View Post
I did all that and still no love. I was in the game playing, exited to make dinner, and now can't get back in.
Hi AH-Mael,

do you have the same problem as Aesri had, that the launcher does not start at all? Or do you get the currently notorious "The patcher service is temporarily unavailable" error message?

AH-Mael
03.06.2012 , 11:59 PM | #9
Oh, sorry. What I am getting is not being able to log in. It says the servers are down and to check the forums and grays everything out.

Gatzoh
03.07.2012 , 12:06 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by AH-Mael View Post
Oh, sorry. What I am getting is not being able to log in. It says the servers are down and to check the forums and grays everything out.
Hey AH-Mael,

If not already done, please check the following possible workarounds:
  • Check the timezone of your SWTOR-Account at "Basic Information" as well as your Windows time setting.
  • Start the launcher and uncheck "remember account". Delete your account name, restart the launcher and re-enter your account information.
  • Reset your SWTOR password and try a not already used one.