Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Asians - Where you Playing?

oakamp
03.07.2012 , 02:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aarka View Post
I'm just accepting the crappy ping to the Aussie servers. At least come April there will be lots of people to play with. I started a new character and with 350 ping I'm not expecting miracles in PvP, but there isn't really any noticeable difference for PvE

I started on Harbinger and like you, I get way better pings to US west coast, but my whole guild and so many other are set to transfer off. MMOs are just not fun on dead servers.
the ping is horrible,
i get 36x ping in asia server,
only 15x at swiftxxx server,
my main char is in infinity empire,
ping is 18x

where should i transfer if i can get a free transfer?
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Toroi
03.07.2012 , 02:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
the ping is horrible,
i get 36x ping in asia server,
only 15x at swiftxxx server,
my main char is in infinity empire,
ping is 18x

where should i transfer if i can get a free transfer?
Free transfers are at the end of April and only to those 4 countries Bioware considers Asia-Pacific (which excludes most of Asia). And the question as to where to play is really a combination of best ping and finding people to play with in the right time zone. I'm still unsure what I will do, actually.

Sixthy
03.07.2012 , 02:29 AM | #13
Been playing on The Harbinger from Japan since release. My latency is typically 140ish and it's always been sort of a '24 hour server.' I play at all hours of the day and it's always pretty populated - I play on the Republic side, the factions are pretty equal, I know Empire side has a large Asian guild, so you really can't go wrong either way.

Toroi
03.07.2012 , 02:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sixthy View Post
Been playing on The Harbinger from Japan since release. My latency is typically 140ish and it's always been sort of a '24 hour server.' I play at all hours of the day and it's always pretty populated - I play on the Republic side, the factions are pretty equal, I know Empire side has a large Asian guild, so you really can't go wrong either way.
Well, from a pre-Oceanic server perspective Harbinger is a no-brainer, but my concern is after the free transfer become available, how many will be left on Harbinger? I've chatted with a fair number on the new servers that are mostly playing their mains there but will be gone once transfer become available.