Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unexperienced crafter : Do business, dont kill gtn !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Unexperienced crafter : Do business, dont kill gtn !

Beef_Cake
03.07.2012 , 04:17 AM | #11
People are ignorant when it comes to the GTN.

On my server Mandalorian Iron sells on the GTN for 15-20k on a regular basis. Yet, we can't sell a purple mod we make for more than 25k. As it will sit on the market for weeks at a time and never sells. Yet it takes us 4 Mandalorian Irons to make the Armoring Mod. And considering each Mandolorian Iron sells on average for 17k, you do the math.

It's more profitably to sell the Mats than the crafted Mods. Because no one in their right mind will buy a level 49 purple Armoring mod for 75k. But yet, they will pay 80k for the Mats to make it themselves...lol

Battilea
03.07.2012 , 04:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
It's more profitably to sell the Mats than the crafted Mods. Because no one in their right mind will buy a level 49 purple Armoring mod for 75k. But yet, they will pay 80k for the Mats to make it themselves...lol
Well, do keep in mind that that case is a bit special. You've got other goods, like armor and earrings, dragging the price of iron up. And you've got the dailies driving the price of mods down. Especially armor mods, since you can get level 50 ones for 8 daily comms, plus one of the dailies gives you a 49 purple one.

The 49 mod market is just screwed due to dailies. About the only one that might sell decently is cunning mods (not the armor ones), since everyone has their cunning based healing companion and the cunning based classes are the least played ones.

KrotanaThrall
03.07.2012 , 04:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sirwyst View Post
This is a desperate call to all NEW Crafters...:=(

I am not here to tell anyone to do anything, this is everyone responsibility. However, please be careful on your pricing and what you do to ensure you do not endanger GTN market price.

1) Purple and Blue items pricing
- Before putting on GTN an item you have RE, check the approx price of individual Mats. Happened to see some items listed at 2450 while it required like 5 Dragon Krayt MAT to build and each of them would cost you between 1k to 5k each ! This means the item you are selling 2.5k could cost you up to 25k to produce and not only you loose 22k in the operation but you totally destroy GTN market price list

2) Orange item
Same here and before you put on sell a nice orange item you learned from a schematic, check its market price please. I now see crafters putting some level 39 Phobium item at 1779 ! OMG !!!!! You could sell this from 10k to 25k at least......

While I am totally open for a sane competition between crafters, being cheaper is always good for the customer of course, we are all here to do business so please be careful....:=)

Same would go in combat where you would expect people to behave and play properly right ? While it goes same here.

Wondering what we can do...and I am afraid nothing much....

Maybe we should create a Merchant Guild like in old time and control GTN pricing...

Any suggestion before I start to cry because on non experienced players destroying a great economy market.....:=)
STOP!! I troll my GTN all the time for people like this. It's amazing how much money I've made buying cheap items and mats and then reselling them for decent Prices. One of my Chars is sitting on 135 million Credits right now :P

daMarek
03.07.2012 , 06:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KrotanaThrall View Post
One of my Chars is sitting on 135 million Credits right now :P
Screenshot or you're trolling!

parmie
03.07.2012 , 06:45 AM | #15
There was a similar thread to this yesterday.

I gather everything, I've no need to check mat prices and I sell for that I want to sell at without a desire to exploit everyone else for as many credits as I can get from them.

pipehacker
03.07.2012 , 07:27 AM | #16
When selling I always accept the price the GTN-system suggests.

Honestly - I play the game for the story. I don't have the time nor the interest of studying the price-market.

I just see that I would gain more to sell it over GTN instead of selling it to a vendor. That's enough for me.

I understand the problem of the OP, but honestly - I don't care. (I really don't mean that offensive - for me it's just a game; If I have to start "studying"... it feels like "work" and not "fun" anymore.)

Darcstarr
03.07.2012 , 08:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by pipehacker View Post
When selling I always accept the price the GTN-system suggests.

Honestly - I play the game for the story. I don't have the time nor the interest of studying the price-market.

I just see that I would gain more to sell it over GTN instead of selling it to a vendor. That's enough for me.

I understand the problem of the OP, but honestly - I don't care. (I really don't mean that offensive - for me it's just a game; If I have to start "studying"... it feels like "work" and not "fun" anymore.)
Seconded, I really can't be bothered with GTN analysis. If it sells, yay, if not then meh. I'm not going to change just because someone wants to make a bigger profit.

NermalDetonator
03.07.2012 , 09:54 AM | #18
Someone was crashing the lower level (41 and under) purple implant market last weekend, selling them for 8k or less. I just bought everything he put up, relisted for 10k higher or more, and ended up with a million profit for next to no effort over 3 days.

People are dumb. The best way to stabilize prices is just to start flipping.

NermalDetonator
03.07.2012 , 10:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
People are ignorant when it comes to the GTN.

On my server Mandalorian Iron sells on the GTN for 15-20k on a regular basis. Yet, we can't sell a purple mod we make for more than 25k. As it will sit on the market for weeks at a time and never sells. Yet it takes us 4 Mandalorian Irons to make the Armoring Mod. And considering each Mandolorian Iron sells on average for 17k, you do the math.

Blame the free mods you get from leveling and dailies. They need to either raise the commendation cost, or lower the mat requirements. Mods, armoring, enhancements etc are going to be poor profit until then.

Part of the problem is mando iron is used for more than mods. For example, with 4 iron, you can make a mod, an armoring, or 2 missile ship components. 2 ship pieces sell for more than the armoring, so that's what the iron is worth. Sure, you could make it into mods and come off worse, but that's poor business.

Spero-Mcgee
03.07.2012 , 10:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NermalDetonator View Post
Someone was crashing the lower level (41 and under) purple implant market last weekend, selling them for 8k or less. I just bought everything he put up, relisted for 10k higher or more, and ended up with a million profit for next to no effort over 3 days.

People are dumb. The best way to stabilize prices is just to start flipping.
You simply played it smart m8. The person who sold it is happy and you are happy because you sold it again. It's no different how people buy stuff on the flea market then sell it on the net for more.