Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The fastest way to gain Legacy is.....to not play alts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The fastest way to gain Legacy is.....to not play alts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rafkin
03.06.2012 , 09:22 PM | #1
Does it seem odd to anyone else that playing just your level 50 earns you more Legacy xp than playing your alts?

Koalachan
03.06.2012 , 09:27 PM | #3
Why would legacy earn more by playing alts? A legacy is something you leave for future generations. In this case, it is what you leave FOR your alts. It would be silly if they had to work for their own legacy.

Girdeux
03.06.2012 , 09:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
Why would legacy earn more by playing alts? A legacy is something you leave for future generations. In this case, it is what you leave FOR your alts. It would be silly if they had to work for their own legacy.
You dont seem to understand the question....

Biowares endgame seems to be rerolling alts for the story, it would give alot more incentive if you got more legacy points from rolling alts instead playing your 50 character.

Rafkin
03.06.2012 , 09:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
I get that but it seems odd that the people that have the least interest in playing alts will have access to the most features for their alts.

Koalachan
03.06.2012 , 09:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
You dont seem to understand the question....

Biowares endgame seems to be rerolling alts for the story, it would give alot more incentive if you got more legacy points from rolling alts instead playing your 50 character.
Pretty sure the endgame is all those Hardmode FPs, and the three modes of OPs, and those WZs I've been doing. But I guess that's not endgame, must be early game.

Koalachan
03.06.2012 , 09:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
I get that but it seems odd that the people that have the least interest in playing alts will have access to the most features for their alts.
Except, a lot of the legacy is unlocked through reaching lvl 50 on toons, maxing out companion stories, Finishing chapters on various classes and such like that. That's playing alts. Or you can just focus on one 50 and buy everything with credits, but that is going to be expensive.

Edit: Only legacy XP, which is one part of the legacy, is easier to get at 50. Plus, most of the bonuses involve making it easier on your alts, not your mains.

Colow_Leper
03.06.2012 , 10:34 PM | #8
I can't quantify this exactly, but....

My first character and one of my guildie's first characters started at the same time (day 1!) - he levelled his to 50 and then started running dailies, HMs and OPs (so his character is quite well equipped now).

I got my first character to 50 (Jedi Gaudian) and then started levelling a Trooper, who is now also 50th level.

I am 5 legacy levels higher than my guild mate - so go figure! (and, no, I haven't got a scooby how that works! I did wonder whether the legacy bar scaled to the level of the character currently being played - which is the only explanation that I can come up with).
Didn't we just leave this party?

Vecke
03.06.2012 , 10:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Colow_Leper View Post
I can't quantify this exactly, but....

My first character and one of my guildie's first characters started at the same time (day 1!) - he levelled his to 50 and then started running dailies, HMs and OPs (so his character is quite well equipped now).

I got my first character to 50 (Jedi Gaudian) and then started levelling a Trooper, who is now also 50th level.

I am 5 legacy levels higher than my guild mate - so go figure! (and, no, I haven't got a scooby how that works! I did wonder whether the legacy bar scaled to the level of the character currently being played - which is the only explanation that I can come up with).
It could be that he didn't play his main as much as you played your alt? I don't know if that's the case; just trying to think of possible explanations.
"I know."

Kindara
03.06.2012 , 10:47 PM | #10
Your alts benefit from whats in the legacy tree. Like opening up new heroic pve abilities, races, emotes, mail boxes and GTN's for ships, and of course training dummies.

Level up your legacy with your main character then when you start getting things you want for your alts create your alts. Also as you open up more of the classes you get access to that class's buff. So eventually your characters can be an all in one buffer. Plus those abilities open up cross wise so if you get a Jedi Knight to Act 2 all your toons have access to the Knight Buff, if they're empire they get the Emperial version. Etc etc

Plenty of incentive to alt if you want access to certain things in the legacy tree. I know for me it'll be awsome when myself or a group mate can toss 1 buff and we get all the buffs for our faction even if most of our party is made of bounty hunters or inquisitors.

Lets not forget as your alt levels he's able to give the legacy more and more xp as the quests become worth more.