Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

KP HM feels like NM since 1.1.5


Merraith's Avatar


Merraith
03.07.2012 , 09:24 PM | #21
One shot it all, felt no different.

Shredzz's Avatar


Shredzz
03.08.2012 , 12:52 AM | #22
Have you killed hm before? because the person hes targeting can't move on hardmode(same on nightmare), he turns even when he has stopped to do cleave on hardmode. So the person targeted must face him away from the grp.

Also theres an animation bug that can happen if bonethrasher changes target doing his cleave attack. For example, Bonethrasher is targeting and cleaving <person A> changes target to <person b> otherside of him, he will turn around and look like hes cleaving <person b>(this will look like a 180degree turn cleave and you only will be hit by this if you are in the original hitbox of the cleave attacking <person a>) but infact he still hits <person a>. This is quite common and should happen frequently.

Reasons for taking ridiculous dmg;
1) you got grounded and the debuff was put on you, if you get hit by cleave your dead plain and simple
2) hes eaten his red beacon mob and gained extra dmg, you would have to have terrible gear or be less than 70% to be one shot by cleave
3)hes enraged.

Max melee range for all people helps as well.

Hope this helps
Tomb of Freedon Nadd(EU)
Shredz 50 Powertech
<Take a Seat>

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
03.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shredzz View Post
Have you killed hm before? because the person hes targeting can't move on hardmode(same on nightmare), he turns even when he has stopped to do cleave on hardmode. So the person targeted must face him away from the grp.

Also theres an animation bug that can happen if bonethrasher changes target doing his cleave attack. For example, Bonethrasher is targeting and cleaving <person A> changes target to <person b> otherside of him, he will turn around and look like hes cleaving <person b>(this will look like a 180degree turn cleave and you only will be hit by this if you are in the original hitbox of the cleave attacking <person a>) but infact he still hits <person a>. This is quite common and should happen frequently.

Reasons for taking ridiculous dmg;
1) you got grounded and the debuff was put on you, if you get hit by cleave your dead plain and simple
2) hes eaten his red beacon mob and gained extra dmg, you would have to have terrible gear or be less than 70% to be one shot by cleave
3)hes enraged.

Max melee range for all people helps as well.

Hope this helps
Yes we did it the week before and one shot him on HM, with the same people. I really cant explain what happend. The first part of your post makes sense as to what looked like larger swipe range but as for the second part of your post....

I was not grounded
He did not eat the mob
He was not enraged

I was still 1 shot with almost 22k health and topped off.

I mean, it really doesnt matter because we still beat him and I actually though the fight was more fun. Its just that it didnt seem right being one shot.

MonsterrLuv's Avatar


MonsterrLuv
03.08.2012 , 09:33 PM | #24
Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)
2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)
3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/
Canderous Ordo
Darth Manushya
Inquisitor Healer
Insurrected

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
03.08.2012 , 10:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MonsterrLuv View Post
Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)
2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)
3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/
Yeah I forgot about #2 that happend to us as well.

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
03.08.2012 , 11:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MonsterrLuv View Post
Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)
2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)
3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/
Did 5/5 HM KP for the 1st time ever tonight and I've got a few comments about it.

1. His "Swipe" is completely infront of him. It is not a cone as you would think, if you are to the side of him but considered in the frost of his body you will be hit.

2. Never saw it over our multiple attempts.

3. Only saw that happen when someone was hit by a cleave meant for someone else.

Your tank should never have been knocked off, position better.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Inzi's Avatar


Inzi
03.08.2012 , 11:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MonsterrLuv View Post
Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)
2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)
3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/

1) It's a nearly 180 degree arc, so being on the "side" doesn't necessarily mean you're safe. Maybe that's why. Otherwise, it's because he chooses where he's going to swipe about a second before he actually swipes. If he was turned during that time, he swipes at the ORIGINAL location. It's been doing this since release.

2) I've seen this since release. It's not consistent, but it definitely happens. Probably has done it 30% of my pulls in the past 3 months. This was one of the reasons not many guilds killed Bonethrasher on hard/nightmare before he was "fixed."

3) I've never seen THAT happen. There's usually a reason--either you weren't actually at full health, or something happened. Or you discovered a bug that I haven't seen before.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Shredzz's Avatar


Shredzz
03.09.2012 , 01:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Yes we did it the week before and one shot him on HM, with the same people. I really cant explain what happend. The first part of your post makes sense as to what looked like larger swipe range but as for the second part of your post....

I was not grounded
He did not eat the mob
He was not enraged

I was still 1 shot with almost 22k health and topped off.

I mean, it really doesnt matter because we still beat him and I actually though the fight was more fun. Its just that it didnt seem right being one shot.
Well the only time i found it when people were getting randomly 1shot from cleave was on nightmare 8man and that would only happen if they took a cleave when it wasn't targeting them but the person next to them. My only advice is to have only 1person hit by cleave at all times practice of this will help tremendously in future tries on nightmare, so just keep going you might have the RNG gods favour you eventually
Tomb of Freedon Nadd(EU)
Shredz 50 Powertech
<Take a Seat>

Wokkels's Avatar


Wokkels
03.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #29
[sarcasm] hopefully they wont make Hardmode actually hard and Nightmaremode well a Nightmare [/sarcasm]


My guild has been clearing EV and KP 16man HM for a while now and we never had any feeling that it was actually hard. Wish there would be a bigger gap between the 3 Mode's so it's a actual challenge to clear it.
Wokkels - Watchmen Sentinel <Sereníty>