Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act quickly to address the faction imbalance.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Act quickly to address the faction imbalance.

RangKer
12.16.2011 , 12:45 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LionRampant View Post
And how did they deal with the imbalance? Did they shrug their shoulders and say "get used to imbalance...it's been around since MUD"?
They let the players fix it. Player created problems have a player related solution, Players didn't ask or demand for the other factions to be punished because of their popularity, they continued with the game because they liked playing it and found a minor fraction the least of their worries. And UO had some of the most imbalanced servers in MMO history.
Quote: Originally Posted by charlieferari View Post
I'm a League Of Super Evil Recruit.

Dreadspectre
12.16.2011 , 12:47 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LionRampant View Post
And how did they deal with the imbalance? Did they shrug their shoulders and say "get used to imbalance...it's been around since MUD"?
What side do you even play on? If you play Rebels you will be happy to be on the underdog side. Gear only goes so far, eventually everyone hits the cap and it won't matter if they geared slightly faster.

World PvP DOESN'T MATTER HERE. This isn't DAoC or Warhammer or Planetside etc. Wolrd PvP is what we will make of it.

If you don't like your sever balance reroll or transfer if they make it available.

BW isn't obligated to fix a community problem, nor are you entitled to demand them to fix it.

XSGamer
12.16.2011 , 12:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavacon View Post
Where does this train of thought where minorities should be rewarded for being minorities come from?

I think we all paid for the game here, why should I be put at a disadvantage because the faction I chose was more popular. Putting said advantages and disadvantages like what the OP is suggesting further imbalances the game on a grander scale by pushing players into a participial direction.

Most people will follow the path of least resistance and by adding in artificial imbalances so that more people choose a particular faction is terrible design.

Imbalance in a semi balanced game to create population balance is bad.

Faction caps would make more sense but prevent friends from playing together potentially. A third faction, while a pipe dream, makes the most sense given the game world and possible implementation.
Well to address your first question, America.

DarthOvertone
12.16.2011 , 12:49 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
It really isn't that bad tbh and I'm loving being republic
Agreed. Can be a bit of a pain in Open PvP, but it really doesn't matter much anywhere else.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

Lavacon
12.16.2011 , 12:50 PM | #45
OP, do you have any suggestions to rationally quell what you see to be a big problem? If not I suggest you give it a rest for a while and wait a month after release. This isn't isn't the steaming pile of garbage you call WH O.(IMO of course) Let's see where thing's end up. You can always move to a more balanced server it it suits your fancy after all. There will be semi balanced servers and off balance servers. It's the nature of the beast. Choose your poison. balanced isn't always better. There are advantages to both scenarios and disadvantages.

Faction balance in a 2 faction game is an inherent problem that can not be solved via punishment or carrots and remain fair and balanced for both sides involved.

/facepalm

Lavacon
12.16.2011 , 12:52 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by XSGamer View Post
Well to address your first question, America.
I was waiting for someone to say that

That doesn't make it a rational train of thought of course...

XSGamer
12.16.2011 , 12:56 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Agreed. Can be a bit of a pain in Open PvP, but it really doesn't matter much anywhere else.
The people who have problems with it are the people who are on the overpopulated faction.

Since we are the ones who have to deal with long PvP queues and maybe 1 real warzone out of every 12 huttball matches.

The republic obviously has it made in this department.
I tried to switch but me and my friend were driven insane by the dull dialogue and constant spam of "Arrow to the knee" jokes.

Hackandslice
12.16.2011 , 01:31 PM | #48
Oh QQ freaking QQ

OP is being emotional over all this and so are a lot of you other guys

Punish Sith players for going Sith, give bonuses for players that go Republic?

If there is one thing I've learned from playing MMO's is this...

The MORE the developers intervene with player choices the LESS people want to play the game.

Additionally, you will NEVER have equal populations.

Life isn't fair, get over it...

Freaking communists...LAWL!

Azraelor
12.16.2011 , 01:36 PM | #49
OP is making WAY too many assumptions.
OP hasn't considered that launch day is still 4 days away.
OP feels entitled to something - much like a woman thinking she belongs outside the kitchen.
OP doesn't do the metrics for BW, nor has any accurate info to prove their assumptions.
OP stop posting crap like this, it's not conducive or helpful to anyone.
OP is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean that OP is right.
Pandemonium : Giradda The Hutt : U.S. East : PvE
PvP Brigade Leader

Azraelor - Sith Inquisitor [Sorcerer : Corruption]
"You will either join the dark side, or be felled by it."

Dsbeeman
12.16.2011 , 01:41 PM | #50
Got a great suggestion for you, come to the shadowlands server where the republic is like 3:1 vs sith haha we own this server.