Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sharpshooter - Snapshot not working 100% at all

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sharpshooter - Snapshot not working 100% at all

AngelAbove
03.06.2012 , 04:08 PM | #1
Hello people,

This might be a known issue, I already made a ticket about it a month ago. Still no changes and I can't find a mention of this anywhere.

My Snapshot doesn't work MANY times when I duck. It only works like... 70% of the time. I guess it has something to do with timings or whatever, but it should really just work 100% of the time since, you know, that's what it says when you have it at level 2, 100% percent chance to Snapshot.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Just test it please by ducking a few times and looking at your buffs. Thanks!

Ukita
03.06.2012 , 04:13 PM | #2
There's probably a period of time where you can't use it like there is for Ballistic Dampers, which can only occur once every 6 seconds.

AngelAbove
03.06.2012 , 04:18 PM | #3
I know exactly what you are saying, but that is not the case because it works very inconsistently. Sure with things like Ballistic Dampers and Burst Volley I understand how it works, but this is something different. Please test it out whenever you can! You'll see that it works really weird.

Maybe the problem lies somewhere in the fact that Snapshot doesn't always go away when you EXIT cover? It might be supposed to do that, since it DOES go away sometimes when I exit cover and I get that from looking at the third post here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283401

I wonder.

Ukita
03.06.2012 , 04:42 PM | #4
I'm not sure. By the time I finish a rotation and go to refresh my ballistic dampers, it's back up, so I'm not really sure where the issue lies.

-Azimov-
03.06.2012 , 08:22 PM | #5

FlashBomber
03.07.2012 , 07:41 AM | #6
can only occur once every 6 secs. I swore the tool tip use to say it, but i logged in today to look and wasn't there.

DigitalBaka
03.07.2012 , 02:23 PM | #7
I've had this happen as well. Normally I will pick my target, drop into cover, aimed shot, charged burst to open. Most of the time I get the instant CB but occasionally I don't. That could just be me being slow.

However, I've also had this happen when dropping into cover and opening with CB. Not often, maybe 8 or 9 times out of 10 it works as it should but it just seems to happen at a bad time when it does.

Is anyone else seeing this still? Pretty sure I have been past 6s and had it happen but not 100% sure. I will catch closely tonight when I get on and see if/when the buff goes up and down and if I can get it to happen repeatedly.
Virsago - 32 Gunslinger | Leifon - 38 Jedi Guardian
Pieris - 26 Powertech | K'Yone - 11 Sith Inquisitor
Zephyranthes Legacy - The Courageous

"Now you're dumb, ugly and dead!"

GalnarDegana
03.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #8
If you are using natural cover, vs. Portable cover, it is a known issue that sometimes cover-activated buffs don't activate in natural cover, such as Snap shot or even Ballistic Dampers.
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Scudmungus
03.08.2012 , 06:25 AM | #9
I wasn't aware of a stated cool-down

However, I tested this last night -

Every 6 seconds, it's available, as
long as you re-deploy your cover.

I do not know it that is intended.

O-o

▮▮▮ Kick △ss now Ice cream later ▮▮▮

ZDProletariat
03.08.2012 , 08:45 AM | #10
Here's the deal with snapshot. It triggers the cooldown on going into cover, instead of activating Charged Burst.
So if you pop into cover, then leave, then go in, you will have to wait 6 seconds. It's something they definitely need to fix IMO.
"Do you find that normal nerve after the thug that two other classes as loud clap louder than see him before the nerve? The 5k is full of stuff I champion and master of combat. This game is the bag B ** E! Brave the nerve of thug developers not prevail in paradise." - Authentic SWTOR Forum Post