Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

LOSRinzler
04.09.2012 , 03:03 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
If mine were doing as good as you I would be happy, I regularly run between 5-10 FPS. I can still play at 2 FPS. When absolutely nothing is going on, my game will max out at 25FPS.

when It bogs down for me, I drop to a whopping 0.1 FPS
What are your systems specs?
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.09.2012 , 03:07 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by LOSRinzler View Post
What are your systems specs?
Look at the Thread that is linked in my signature, my Dxdiag is posted in the 3rd post

though for basics, 2002 Windows XP 32bit, Nvidia GeForce 6200, single core 2.66GHz processor, 2GB RAM

Need I say more? :P

LOSRinzler
04.09.2012 , 03:15 PM | #523
Look at the Thread that is linked in my signature, my Dxdiag is posted in the 3rd post

though for basics, 2002 Windows XP 32bit, Nvidia GeForce 6200, single core 2.66GHz processor, 2GB RAM

Need I say more? :P
Yep Haha that explains it.. I feel your pain though, before I upgraded I got .1 fps on ilum. You'd enjoy the game a lot more if you upgraded.. I got to 50 with the same trouble your having and it was rough.. but Im loving it a lot more now that it's more playable lol.
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

trueanimus
04.09.2012 , 03:47 PM | #524
If mine were doing as good as you I would be happy, I regularly run between 5-10 FPS. I can still play at 2 FPS. When absolutely nothing is going on, my game will max out at 25FPS.

when It bogs down for me, I drop to a whopping 0.1 FPS

ouchy
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by LOSRinzler View Post
Yep Haha that explains it.. I feel your pain though, before I upgraded I got .1 fps on ilum. You'd enjoy the game a lot more if you upgraded.. I got to 50 with the same trouble your having and it was rough.. but Im loving it a lot more now that it's more playable lol.
Got money in the bank but having to save it to deal with possible legal matters. But assuming I don't have to use any of that money, got plenty to easily get a nice machine built, but won't be until sometime in the summer.

Satanski
04.11.2012 , 04:43 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by trueanimus View Post
kinda wondering if the low pop and unsubs are the reason this thread isnt moving like it was a few weeks ago..

Nothing has changed to make anything any better yet... and even the changes (that i have seen) on the PTserver dont help other than the inventory open and close lag.

Hope they fix this soon
I think so. I myself feel guilty of paying monthly for the game in its current state. Fortunately i know how to "take my money back" from them.

BTW, i just noticed i lost the "fish eye" effect when riding a speeder. I dont have it for a long time now. Barely remember it, but it definitely was there. Is it common?

dimasok
04.11.2012 , 08:46 PM | #527
Hi everyone,

I have a Sager NP8170 laptop with two 6970 Radeons (dxdiag would detect them as 1 and of 6900 series) and the latest drivers (12.3), directx, etc, yet the game is running or more like, slideshowing on every resolution whether I try 1920x1200 with max settings or 1024x768 with lowest settings. The game by default suggests 1920x1200 with everything high... but then runs like **** whether its max settings or lowest settings lol

Here's my dxdiag:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ved321ezqjalxuz

All other latest and greatest games run great at max res with max settings but this is a slideshow...

I tried reinstalling, XP service pack 3 trick (just cause flashing textures) and nothing seems to help.

Funny thing is on my Macbook pro in bootcamp it used to work smoothly in both pvp/pve on low resolutions but on a SUPERIOR PC it stutters all the same.

I even tried lowering everything to lowest settings with the lowest resolution and i have the EXACT same slow downs! As in, SINGLE digit fps especially in pvp!

All the tricks I heard about are really useless: there is something fundamentally wrong with the engine and its implementation here. This is literally the only game I ever had so many problems with and the customer service... well... let's not go there... completely useless and irrelevant advice, every single one.

Shoddy programming that's what it is

p.s.
I dont mind playing in 800x600 with everything very low and off for all I care, but the game stutters all the same on every single setting!

Never seen anything more absurd than that...

hochmeisterr
04.12.2012 , 08:54 AM | #528
bump!!
proud member of 5% Alienware m18x intel core i7 2860 QM 4.0 OC modded bios 8mb cache
2 two GTX580m SLI
16gb DDR3 1600 mhz 4dimms
illum fps <----- 20-40 warzones fps <--------40http://imageupload.org/?d=ECD2314C1

marklarhun
04.12.2012 , 09:30 AM | #529
Anything fixed in the 1.2 patch? Fps in wz/ilum/fleet

kirixis
04.12.2012 , 09:43 AM | #530
sadly in the last few years. people with low end machines decided they are a pc gamer. yet they dont know what it takes to be a propper gamer. with high end rigs and constant maintanance on the hardware / cleaning and software.

then they play a new game and dont understand why there 200 computer they got 3 years ago struggles to play todays games.

now for those on high end machines like my self. alot of the issues is very poot optimization with shadows and filtering. turn off the shadows and turn of anti allising transpancy will boost u nicely. ram drive helos alot but causes so much headache when u patch the game. if the patch even installs.

TLR get a high end games machine if u want to enjoy pc gaming. if not get an Xbox