Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

Polimeris
03.07.2012 , 12:43 PM | #41
I was hoping a lot from the new "very low" shader settings. It helped a tiny bit, but I still suffer from sudden fps drop in warzones and operations.

It's really annoying, because sometimes I play on warzones with little issue. And suddenly : BAM ! Fps drop to 1 or 2 with no ennemy nearby. Then it gets better. Then it goes down again.

I am likely to believe the guy posting before me saying it's caused by some particle effects. When I disable said particle effects, my game runs smoothly. But since it's a homemade tweak, it also disables sound effects and make all effects vanish, making the game not enjoyable.

Please, help us bioware.
Dandy : Hectic, Jeem, Vrulmugueunne, Gaour, Gorgoth, Volkaresh.

Dayze
03.07.2012 , 01:16 PM | #42
Hi peepz , My fps Probs are stated, with my performance settings and my rig, If anyone cud give me som info to fix my fps problems, Ive tried all stuff based opon the forums and youtube, and still no increase, Any help wud be great Ty for your time to read....

My Graphics Settings [IN -GAME]

No Vertical Sync
Refresh Rate = 60
Resolution = 1920x1080
Character Lvl Of Detail = High
Texture Quality = High
AA = Off
Texture Anistrophy = Low
No Shadows
No Bloom
No Coversation Depth of field
Shader Low [Not Very Low]
Grass Quality = 20%
Tree Quality = 40%

Even my Geforce settings On card are all Set to performance, and most settings are on ''OFF'' [I have tried the Anistrophy 2x,4x,8x,16x No luck also all other methods of tweaking the card have all ended in no boost to my frames,

MY Fps, For current activitys

Warzones & Ilum Ops = 15 - 20 FPS
Fleet = 50 - 70 [Only when minor amount of peepz about]
Questing = 100 - 120 FPS [Very happy with this]

And Now my RIG details, VIA DXDIAG

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
8192MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I have recently updated My Geforce Card, and also all Factors of my Computer are fully updated!, All unwanted Programs to use cpu off as well, Have no background Programs, CPU & GPU hardly being used!, Ive tried everything from YOUTUBE' to Tips off forums, no budge,

Just A few notes to add, BF3 runs quite amazingly WEll!!!, Like it does on the xbox 360, no problems, and all other games, like COD MW3, Assasins Creed 1-3, Batman arkham city all work like PRO, wud say better than they do on xbox, So really dont know what my problem is with swtor, Thanks again peeps For takin the time to read!!
Clarity is Key, To Avoid The Darkness Forseen

Delphis
03.07.2012 , 01:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
Jesus, why even debate it now?! The people saying "its all your machines" are just plain wrong, Georg Zoeller even ADMITTED there was a problem with the client on some high end machine hardware at the Guild Summit, during the "...And The Rest" segment...
More details please. What is the exact quote?

SWTORgameing
03.07.2012 , 01:35 PM | #44
The games dead. end of story. im going back to World of warcraft.

Gadzooks
03.07.2012 , 02:35 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by trueanimus View Post
As i have stated on the last "Horrid FPS" thread... the problem with the game that we cant adjust is the spell effects density or particle effects. There is a way you can remove them all from game (wont say how here) and when you do, personally the game ran at a steady 110+ frames for me even in warzones, but it is almost impossible to play without aoe effects and lightsabers.
I think the point of these threads isnt to find some sort of bandaide to the problem like a particle slider option.

I think the point is to say "Ive got an uber system, thats tweaked, up to date, and configured properly. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO LOWER MY SETTINGS TO UGLY QUALITY TO GET THIS GAME TO RUN AT A PLAYABLE LEVEL"

(playable meaning at least keeping 30+ fps)

This games graphics are nothing special. Sorry, most systems today can process DX9 games in their sleep. ToR isnt doing some new, high end tech when it comes to graphics or MMO gameplay that is pushing the limits of even bleeding edge hardware.

Small enclosed 8 vs 8 pvp zones
DX9 graphics

Sorry Bioware, this is nothing revolutionay. In fact, this is very much 4 years ago. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASONS DECENT GAMING SYSTEMS BOUGHT IN THE LAST 2 YEARS SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO RUN SWTOR PLAYABLY, especially on low settings.

Oh wait, I CAN run the game playably. On Highest quality too! I get over 70+ FPS in MOST of the game. JUST NOT WARZONES and ILUM. (cough cough hint cough hint hint). Stop looking at the pure rendering engine of the game, and start looking at the broken code thats causing the engine to run poorly in WARZONES AND ILUM.

JobuNabidabi
03.07.2012 , 03:11 PM | #46
(renegadeimp check into this, you seem to help a lot of folks)

You may be having a HD Audio driver conflict. I think a lot of people are, I am going to try to make a detailed post by the weekend.

Check your device manager and see if you have two HD Audio devices, one for your real audio device and one for your video card.

I cannot give detailed step by step instructions at this time, but basically you have to uninstall the video card HD audio and replace the driver with the Microsoft one. You may also then have to do some cleaning with Driver Sweeper, and possibly disable the video card HD audio.

Then uninstall/Driver Sweep/reinstall the most recent actual audio drivers.

For me (ATI video and Realtek audio), this solved some performance issues, but it was late last night and I have not been able to test every issue. I did get a little space combat in, though, and the difference was staggering.

For now, if you would like more info, use a search engine and look for "Nvidia Realtek HD Audio conflict." This has been causing many performance related issues for a number of games. May apply across vendors as well as it did for me.

Gadzooks
03.07.2012 , 03:42 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JobuNabidabi View Post

You may be having a HD Audio driver conflict. I think a lot of people are, I am going to try to make a detailed post by the weekend.

Check your device manager and see if you have two HD Audio devices, one for your real audio device and one for your video card.

I cannot give detailed step by step instructions at this time, but basically you have to uninstall the video card HD audio and replace the driver with the Microsoft one. You may also then have to do some cleaning with Driver Sweeper, and possibly disable the video card HD audio.

For me (ATI video and Realtek audio), this solved some performance issues, but it was late last night and I have not been able to test every issue. I did get a little space combat in, though, and the difference was staggering.

For now, if you would like more info, use a search engine and look for "Nvidia Realtek HD Audio conflict." This has been causing many performance related issues for a number of games. May apply across vendors as well as it did for me.
Ive actually already tried looking into this. Im an older gamer, and have experienced game performance problems due to soundcard drivers and whatnot in the past.

Ive actually totally removed my soundcard and installed a new one, which changed nothing.

Ive also completely disabled the HD audio device on my HD6850 gfx card via the device manager. As far as my computer is concerned, there is only 1, active, non-disabled sound device now.

It also sounds like you are experiencing performance issues in the ENTIRE game. For me (and a vast amount of others), the performance issues are JUST in warzones/ilum/fleet. The rest of the game runs fine for me. Super fast, smooth, and in high detail. Glad that you improved the overall game performance on your machine though.

Polimeris
03.07.2012 , 05:59 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JobuNabidabi View Post

This Audio conflict you are speaking of sounds (Haha) worthy of an investigation. I am going to have a look at that, but would love if you could provide some hint at where to search.
I have an HD realtek and an ATI card.
Dandy : Hectic, Jeem, Vrulmugueunne, Gaour, Gorgoth, Volkaresh.

Carousel_t
03.07.2012 , 06:07 PM | #49
particles do slowdown systems BUT even with NO particles with very low shader settings (meaning shaders are totaly off) it STILL IS UNPLAYABLE IN OPS AND ILUM AND ANYWHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF PPL. this is engine's rendering issues AND very poor design with textures overlaping.. this game, technicaly, is crap and to play? well, me and my guild been doing same ops for weeks now.. but that's off topic

DON't give into BW's assurances "most" ppl play without problems, in fact, only FEW play without NOTICABLE problems on their end, meaning - I, for example, wouldn't ever live in a shack like a hillbilly, but some people find it comforting.. same here, some people experiance low fps and they are fine with it.. WELL SORRY BUT I RUN BF3 on high settings and mass effect on full hd with NO PROBLEMS so I see no reason why SWTOR should work worse on my machnine..

sorry, but saying BF3 is less damanding than SWTOR is just bull..

Gadzooks
03.07.2012 , 06:37 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Carousel_t View Post
it STILL IS UNPLAYABLE IN OPS AND ILUM AND ANYWHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF PPL.

I dont see a peformance drop on normal planets with 15-20 people near me. I do see it on ilum, and warzones, and fleet, and in VERY specific parts of some OPS (but not through the entire OP).

This to me, says that its not specifically the engines rendering ability, since it CAN render fine during MANY parts of the game. To me, it says there is some event that triggers bad code that only happens in certain situations, and THAT is causing the engine to struggle, or stall, or hang... whatever you want to call it.

For instance.

What if, for warzones, as soon as the shield comes down, suddenly the game is doing some sort of real time player to player prediction code, code that is NOT active outside of a warzone or ilum because its not deemed as being "needed". Its like how some websites will have pages that track everything you do (like a adding an item to cart), and other pages where it tracks very little of what you do, because its not as important.

I firmly believe that its these specific areas and events in the game where the fault lies. I know the engine works. I know the game CAN run smooth. I know this because I can easily maintain over 70 fps as I play the game on other planets, doing quests, running flashpoints, and even through MOST operations (there are some parts, like with the droids along the curved edge, where the game has issues).

The devs need to be asking themselves "What do we have happening during a warzone, that isnt going on during normal play on a planet such as Taris or Hoth?" Its THAT code that I believe is flawed, and is causing the issue primarily in warzones and ilum.