Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

trueanimus
03.17.2012 , 02:30 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Xpander View Post
Hehe I would like to know the source you got this from.
Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait.

tell that to the thousands of players that have quit already because of the fps issue... i mean i guess if they wait long enough (already been 4 months) there will be no one with a pc older than the game and those who do stay might like it.. good luck finding a group when it goes free to play toon because of low pop though.. lolz...
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

Kadesch
03.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #282
/bump

9 day playtime left to fix that problem^^

60 days until diablo 3
4 month until guild wars 2
summer 2012 eve online: inferno
Squadron 512 DE [Saboteur]

OndreKH
03.17.2012 , 06:19 PM | #283
Well my fps is completely awful. I get maybe 10 everywhere on a good day and are 5-8 in WZs. I really don't know why i keep playing. But I'm not really tech savy so I'll put my computer spec to see if its my computer or the actual game and bioware.

Toshiba
Satellite A665
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz 2.53
4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
64-bit Operating System

Like I said I don't know a whole lot about computers so if there's any info I need to put on here just let me know. I'm just trying to play the game and cleanly as possible
.::: E C H E L O N 7 :::.
Premier Empire RP Ondre Vastor, Keeper
Server: Jung Ma [RP-PvP EST] Website

FumetsuKaiu
03.17.2012 , 10:06 PM | #284
With the 1.2 patch out on the PTR has anyone with performance issues on live noticed anything different with 1.2?

I did find out that they fixed the fps hit people would get when opening ui panels. Haven't been able to find anything yet about performance on fleet/warzones in 1.2.

Would test it myself but cancelled subscription a while back because of low fps in fleet and warzones with a high end system.

Krankheit
03.17.2012 , 10:25 PM | #285
as of yesterday the fps issues in fleet and wz's are still in the same perpetual state of broken. I couldn't bring myself to log in today and find out.
KAJIDIC
WOLFPACK CREW
WEBSITE l VIDEO l SWOOPY SNACKS
"PvP Is Our Business"

-Id-
03.17.2012 , 11:07 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by FumetsuKaiu View Post
With the 1.2 patch out on the PTR has anyone with performance issues on live noticed anything different with 1.2?

I did find out that they fixed the fps hit people would get when opening ui panels. Haven't been able to find anything yet about performance on fleet/warzones in 1.2.

Would test it myself but cancelled subscription a while back because of low fps in fleet and warzones with a high end system.
I did the same, I can't play the game in its current state. Though I am curious if the fps issues were addressed in 1.2
Rerolled Republic Commando- Why? Because Huttball gets old 15x's in a row. Seriously. -Infinity Gate-

WE ARE 5%

undeniablyjeff
03.17.2012 , 11:47 PM | #287
Would someone in this thread who is on the test server be so kind as to give us a report?
If after my 2 month game card runs out, TOR isn't running without memory leaks and stuttering on my HIGH-END MACHINE (and everyone else's), I won't be re-subscribing.

saxonj
03.18.2012 , 12:33 AM | #288
Quit the game and went back to x box and wow, oh seemless play how ive missed you. Never looking back sorry bioware. fix your game and add some form of arena and i might come back, also your cities for people to hang out in are poorly designed. dueling also sucks in this game. balance healers out because my trooper lvl 26 beats out any lvl anyhting in warzones at low lvls and it jsut gets worse at lvl 50 with gear.

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX your game. this forum has cycled like 1000 times and yet you do nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! i havnt played in weeks but im un subbing today

Tsaritsin
03.18.2012 , 01:12 AM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
I find it quite funny how you dodged my question about actually having any proof to backup your claim. And no, screenshot is not a proof.

An acceptable one would be a video showing your ingame settings, with a framerate counter on, recorded during a warzone.
I'm working on that,

But atm I am battling with something far more serious - Error 9000 disconnects

Started about a week ago after I started a new char on a higher pop server, game atm is pritty much unplayable.

I have contacted my ISP and they are sorta hinting that it might be a problem at their end, and have said that they have an engineer looking into it, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Anyway, Fraps, its crap, it kills your FPS when recording vid footage of Gameplay, and you only get 30 secs on the free version, NO WAY IN HELL AM I PAYING FOR THE FULL VERSION JUST TO DO A STUPID VID FOR YOU.

Soo, Plan is to put together 30 second chunks of video, with both the ingame FPS counter and MSI afterburner FPS counter running, Fraps for some strange reason removes the FPS counter during video recording, lol

Done a few tests and Fraps hits FPS hard tbh,

Without Fraps recording I get about 35-45 fps in Warzones, running a Core i3 2120, 8gig RAM and a BFG GTS 8800, 512, and I find it perfectly playable, not ideal, but you can not expect more from such an old graphics card,

With Fraps recording I get about 25-35 fps, seems to sit mostly at about 29 fps, which kinda concerns me, because Fraps has a default recording setting at 29 fps, anyway, I set Fraps to record at 60 fps, and still got the same, lol

Fraps is GAY, full stop.

Anyone know of any other Video recording software that records more than 30 secs of gameplay without paying for the full version ?
"I am suffering from a cascade failure,
The flaws in my ENGINE are multiplying exponentially,
And my Death is inevitable, I am not worth mourning."

SWTOR, Chamber of Speech, HEROIC 2+

jdela
03.18.2012 , 09:24 AM | #290
I had no real problems that I could not attribute to my machine prior to the latest patch. Now the game is unplayable. I did not install any new software on the machine running the game, except I think there was a windows update. I will have to look into that update to see if there is anything that may be causing the problem, or just rolling back the windows update.

Dailies in Ilum was more like a stop motion video. I figured maybe it was just a bad connection day (though never had that before). Today I tried a warzone which I feel horrible for playing for as long as I did because I was a complete detriment to our team. With all the particle effects my character just could not move.

I would play an alt, but the lag is widespread throughout no matter what I do. Next step is to lower the resolution, as all the other settings are as low as they go now. Odd how it went from decent to unplayable even at far lower settings than before.