Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Horrid FPS


Daelric's Avatar


Daelric
03.10.2012 , 09:16 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Natharus View Post
My game keeps plummeting in fps while in the Imperial Fleet and in every warzone (normally around the world its usually always a steady 60 at least), but more than others in Alderaan Civil War. While Voidstar and Huttball at least are "playable" (everywhere between 10-20fps), the Civil War becomes a literal slideshow, lucky if I get 5fps in there. I know my laptop ain't top of the line, but it has had no trouble with any other games with fairly high settings (Skyrim, 25-man WoW raiding etc). Updated my drivers, optimized catalyst settings, tried to play on lowest possible settings... yet pvping in SWTOR only gives me frustration.
Been experiencing the same issues since 1.1.5, I even updated my video card drivers cause they were out of date. It increased my FPS by about 10 average (up to 71-80 in most areas), but in warzones it plummets to 20s, and in Ilum its 5-10 during combat.

Whats weird is I now get chugs/spikes in FPS, even when on leveling planets when just turning my camera or opening an interface window (bag, crew skills, quest etc.).

My machine is an ASUS G74Sx laptop

DXDIAG:

Spoiler

Delistyle's Avatar


Delistyle
03.11.2012 , 12:43 AM | #122
Well this past tuesday something great happened. The game smoothed out on the fleet at a steady 30+fps. Also raid fps increased from a low of 2fps in combat to 30fps min.
Still lots of room for improvement as I can get 100+ fps out questing, but im happy non the less.

I havent been able to test warzones or ilum. (broken arm )

Rig:
Phenom II x4 920
Radeon 6970
4gb ddr2 1066
Settings maxed at 1920x1080

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
03.11.2012 , 01:03 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by King_Stinkeye View Post
Yeah this is the Warhammer team coming through. They redesigned forts and rvr countless times and never really got it right. I loved that game but they just kept changing and changing until it was something completely different and completely lame.
Precisely. Their "very experienced PvP team" from Mythic is in fact a disaster. Everything that was terrible about WAR's PvP is back in SWTOR.

Do you fellow WAR players remember the terrible performance WAR had in open PvP scenarios ?
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

MishraArtificer's Avatar


MishraArtificer
03.11.2012 , 03:26 AM | #124
I can safely say that the "Very Low" shader model setting works wonders for me. Set my desktop up with that setting, and with AA and AF both turned down to 0 in client_settings.ini, my Radeon HD3450 broke 60fps for the very first time. The Geforce Go 7400 in my laptop broke 30fps for the very first time, too (Not too shabby, considering the video AND processor are both below system requirements).
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

gixxgp's Avatar


gixxgp
03.11.2012 , 06:18 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
I can safely say that the "Very Low" shader model setting works wonders for me. Set my desktop up with that setting, and with AA and AF both turned down to 0 in client_settings.ini, my Radeon HD3450 broke 60fps for the very first time. The Geforce Go 7400 in my laptop broke 30fps for the very first time, too (Not too shabby, considering the video AND processor are both below system requirements).
Are you getting these fps in crowded environment? Lucky you. I have a laptop with processor above minimum and a GPU above recommended, and I get 10-15 FPS in fleet and Warzones.
Yet another 5% unsubscriber

Seatroll's Avatar


Seatroll
03.11.2012 , 07:25 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by James 'a crying shame' Ohlen:
But I think almost all of our problems that occur in open world PvP are because of the fact that the rewards there, the behavior was less about having fun in that area and more about exploiting to get the rewards faster.

We know there is a big contingent of players who are fans of open world PvP and we have a lot of experience, especially on the Mythic team, of working on it.

Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html
We got double b_i_atch slapped again.

60%+ of my guild (spend 6+ yrs in WoW together) already quit - I'm following shortly. Whenever I feel like beeing fooled again, I'll just ask my daughter to make fun of me - instead of beeing fooled by the Ohlen gang who obviously have never ever spent a single minute on these forums to check into threads like this one (or ingame on a true public server), regarding the game breaking issues of this formerly highly anticipated "mmo(ffline)".
We are Anonymous. We are Legion.
We do not forgive. We do not forget.
Expect us.
We are the 5%!

Vulgarr's Avatar


Vulgarr
03.11.2012 , 07:54 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
I personally think the issues lies within the people computer. I run a fairly new gaming laptop and have yet to see my FPS drop below 30. Normally I am around 70 unless I PVP

Stop blaming Bioware for outdated video cards, and drivers. For those who have NVIDiA cards. They recently released a new version.

For those who have 4 gigs of ram? What do you expect. That should be bare minimal, and therefore expect low settings or low FPS. Upgrade your RAM to 8 + gigs and see the differences.

Check your processes > control alt delete > Start task manager > and the process tab . How many processes are you running. Honestly anything about 50 is to much for Windows Vista

Go the the perfomance tab> CPU Usage should be without running anything around 10% . Ram Usage should be minimal. I have 16 gig ram. Without running anything I have 2 gigs used by other processes.

Now take that into consideration if you only have 4 gigs of ram > that leaves around 2 gigs to the SWTOR? See the issue?
care to post a video on youtube with your fps counter up? because i seriously doubt you get what you say you do when this happens on that rig.

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
03.11.2012 , 08:06 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulgarr View Post
care to post a video on youtube with your fps counter up? because i seriously doubt you get what you say you do when this happens on that rig.
Plenty of videos and streams exist on the internet. It is up to you to find them. Not for others to go out of their way to get it for ya.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

JJDunn's Avatar


JJDunn
03.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Plenty of videos and streams exist on the internet. It is up to you to find them. Not for others to go out of their way to get it for ya.
To be fair, their rigs are probably WAY over the recommended specs so I'm not that surprised.

But us who meet them shouldn't have to upgrade. Mass Effect 3 came out and those graphics are better than TOR's AND runs flawlessly on a rig that meets the exact recommended specs. Have you seen the amount of bloom and lights? Sure that's not an MMO, but you know it's TORs engine causing problems.
The Progenitor - Jayfon

IDeuss's Avatar


IDeuss
03.11.2012 , 08:21 AM | #130
The issue in my opinion isn't the ram, 4gb should be ok given a good CPU and GPU that don't bottleneck eachother, provided that you run gamebooster that stops alot of processes going on in the background. Abit worried seeing that alot of people still have FPS issues, mainly because the laptop I'm playing on ( Lenovo Z560a) has a P6100 2.0 dual core CPU, a GF 310M and 3gb of ram and , with the new "very low" shader option and some aditional client settings.ini tweaks, I'm geting 30-40ish FPS on planets and around an average of 17-20 FPS in WZ's, apart from Alderaan where as soon as the cannons start firing, all hell breaks loose (10fps) .

Really curious about any further performance fixes they might implement in 1.2, not that my machine is capable of much more, but I guess it never hurts to keep hoping..