Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

Annexium
03.10.2012 , 01:08 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Morridan View Post
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but have you tried turning off shadows?
I would imagine "lowest possible settings" means setting the graphics preset to Very Low which turns shadows off.

DrillThrall
03.10.2012 , 03:33 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Ilum is being deprecated in Game Update 1.2. The Open World PvP area on Ilum will still be present in 1.2, but rewards previously gained in Ilum will be available in Warzones and that's where we expect the bulk of PvP to take place for now.

As we said during the Guild Summit, the PvP team is 'going back to the drawing board' with Ilum. That means they want to rework it to be fun and engaging. We accept there are issues with the current design and want to ensure that what we end up with is enjoyable for PvP fans. We have no ETA on when a redesigned Ilum might be available, but when we do have more news, we'll share it.

The PvP team definitely monitors these Forums and would love to see constructive feedback on Open World PvP and how you feel it could be improved. They have their own ideas, of course, and they've read many of the posts here but more feedback is always welcome.
The solution to low FPS on Ilum....
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 model 086228 (HDD/SSD Hybrid)
Intel Core I7-2630QM 2.0G, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Nvidia Optimus GeForce GT 555M

renegadeimp
03.10.2012 , 03:42 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by DrillThrall View Post
Why mock it? Theyre doing what the majority of the playerbase wanted. Theyre scrapping it and completely redoing it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

DrillThrall
03.10.2012 , 04:04 PM | #114
If I were mocking it, I would have refereed to "Die Endlösung". My comment was more in sadness than anger.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 model 086228 (HDD/SSD Hybrid)
Intel Core I7-2630QM 2.0G, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Nvidia Optimus GeForce GT 555M

Tgrable
03.10.2012 , 04:43 PM | #115
The only hope this game has left is to go back to the drawing board and develop their own game engine. I mean 70% of the problems with this game stem from the hero engine. It is very limited and is outdated in itself. It was built for single threaded gaming and all the multicore support has been bandaided onto it.. So that is why you see systems that never fully utilize their power.

Lets be honest, as much as people want to bad mouth wow, it runs silky smooth. You actually feel inside the game... where as in swtor you dont feel as immersed.

Until they can get this game to flow like wow, it will never be anything more than another doomed f2p game.
I7 3930k (6 core) on a Asus rampage extreme IV
32gigs kingston ddr3 1800
2x EVGA 580 ultra classifieds 3gb(SLI)
Corsair 1200w psu.

zbealeo
03.10.2012 , 04:56 PM | #116
I don't understand how I run everything on high settings and still get bad performance with SWTOR... I can run every other game such as Skyrim and BF3 on ultra with no problem, but this game doesn't even run smooth at all with shadows on and the shadows look terrible when they are on (they look extremely blocky)

My Specs are-
AMD Phenom II 955 X4 3.8 GHz (overclocked)
G.skill ripjaws RAM (1066) 16 GBs
ATI Radeon 6950 HD 2 GBs (Overclocked as well)
The game is also being run off of a 32 GB OCZ onyx series SSD
Running Windows 7 x64

Also, my drivers for everything in my computer are up to date, I use driver genius very often to get them all, as well as using steam to check for my video drivers. So if anyone has any advice to maybe getting this game running a bit better it would be nice.

King_Stinkeye
03.10.2012 , 07:08 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by DrillThrall View Post
Yeah this is the Warhammer team coming through. They redesigned forts and rvr countless times and never really got it right. I loved that game but they just kept changing and changing until it was something completely different and completely lame.

Prepare yourself for a Skaven/Ewok invasion or some dumb ****.

Natharus
03.10.2012 , 07:51 PM | #118
My game keeps plummeting in fps while in the Imperial Fleet and in every warzone (normally around the world its usually always a steady 60 at least), but more than others in Alderaan Civil War. While Voidstar and Huttball at least are "playable" (everywhere between 10-20fps), the Civil War becomes a literal slideshow, lucky if I get 5fps in there. I know my laptop ain't top of the line, but it has had no trouble with any other games with fairly high settings (Skyrim, 25-man WoW raiding etc). Updated my drivers, optimized catalyst settings, tried to play on lowest possible settings... yet pvping in SWTOR only gives me frustration.

HP Pavilion DV7-6031eo

1.8 GHz AMD Phenom II Quad-Core P960
AMD Radeon HD 6650M (1 GB DDR3)
8GB Windows 7 64-bit

Bmetalful
03.10.2012 , 08:11 PM | #119
I've been dealing with this problem since release as well. I've been paying my subscription monthly and logging in infrequently. I had faith in Bioware, but now my faith seems misplaced.

I've gone from angry to acceptance. The only advice we've been given is basic grade tech advice. "Turn this off, update this and try again."

The people having this issue aren't all novices. I've been using computers and playing online games for a long time now. Not that I'm proud of that, but I know it's not me, or US. Some of us have more than capable computers for this game.

There is no excuse for this, please take a team off of something minor, and put them on this MAJOR issue. I know not everyone is having these problems, but for those of us that are, the game is unplayable in warzones, Ilum and sorta on fleet.

100fps if im alone, and 9 - 20 if there are people around. Something is coded wrong somewhere, please fix it. I'm sure people can go a patch without a few cosmetic differences, or an extra warzone feature.

There are thousands of us that can't play the parts of the game that we want to play most. I cancelled my subscription, but will come right back if you can fix this FPS problem. Stop telling us that it's us and help please.

Bmetalful
03.10.2012 , 08:24 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Why mock it? Theyre doing what the majority of the playerbase wanted. Theyre scrapping it and completely redoing it.
Please forgive me because I may come off as insulting, but that's not my intention. Who are you? Why do I get a vibe that you work for Bioware or something?

You make several appearances in almost every thread that involves this FPS issue, yet you don't even have the problem on your machine? You give me the impression that you are the ultimate bioware fanboi, and that you have to defend them no matter what.

The majority of the people with this problem are not blatantly attacking Bioware. I buy all of their games and enjoy them. But in this specific case, I am suffering from a game-breaking issue and they haven't offered me any sound advice.

And the most painful thing is that they only insult my knowledge by telling me to turn off shadows, update drivers, and update windows.

The only comments I ever see you make are things that try and deter people with this problem from blaming it on the developers. Who else are we suppose to blame? I'd blame myself if I hadn't tried every fix I know of, and the possible fixes that others have suggested.

I've tried everything, and every other game I play on my computer runs 100% perfect. It's a very frustrating issue, I love the game but the performance is killing me.

I guess I'm just wondering why you feel the need to pop into every topic on this and try and play as Bioware's peacekeeper. It only makes things worse to have people who aren't experiencing a specific problem, to tell you that it's somehow your fault.

I'll admit when I'm wrong, or could be wrong, but judging by the words of others and my personal experiences with this issue... I can say with high confidence that it's not my fault, and it's not "our" fault. I spent over $100 so far on this game, I'm just 1 subscriber. A multi-million dollar project like this that earns so much per month, shouldn't have such a game-breaking issue for months.