Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Macros allowed? OnPress attack needed at least

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Macros allowed? OnPress attack needed at least

Andrius-
12.16.2011 , 08:05 AM | #1
tittle says all, im tired of pressing 1 for each ordinary attack, so are macros allowed in the game?

PD: im refering to the simple main attack, skills are actually well.

Malkosha
12.16.2011 , 08:15 AM | #2
I don't understand what you're looking for.

There is a setting that allows you to select the nearest target when you attack, whether its a major or simple attack. Also, unlike WoW , there is no auto-attack in this game. In fact, this game plays much more like City of Heroes to me than WoW when it comes to attacking and using skills.

Maybe you can elaborate a little so I can get it through my thick head exactly what you want to do?
TRS-80, Dual 5 1/2" Floppy's, 13" CGA Monitor

Andrius-
12.16.2011 , 08:20 AM | #3
sorry about my bad english xD

I want to know if keyboard or mouse customisable macros are legally allowed in the game, for example a simple macro wich auto attack the target while pressing a key.

Foenixz
12.16.2011 , 08:31 AM | #4
No macros

just say no to combat automation
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 08:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrius- View Post
sorry about my bad english xD

I want to know if keyboard or mouse customisable macros are legally allowed in the game, for example a simple macro wich auto attack the target while pressing a key.
Nope, the rule of thumb is one action per keypress. Now, if you want your attacks to automatically target the next available enemy....there is a setting for that under Preferences for auto-targeting.

Saebeas
12.16.2011 , 08:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkosha View Post
In fact, this game plays much more like City of Heroes to me than WoW when it comes to attacking and using skills.
imokaywiththis

Wildcat
12.16.2011 , 08:58 AM | #7
If you want to spare your fingers, get a Logitech G15/115. That's what I use. Besides simple macros, you can use it to hotkey all your toolbars which is very nice, especially after level 30 when it becomes impossible to keep all your necessary specials on one toolbar.
Wildcat: 50 Sage, Wildkat: 50 Shadow, J'ackk: 45 Scoundrel, Thrashh: 39 Mercenary