Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata vs. Columi implants

EasymodeX
03.08.2012 , 03:25 PM | #11
Minor sidenote:

I would swap to power augments after 1750 str. 1 str is equal to something like .91 power in terms of bonus damage. The remainder is the crit% piece. The str -> crit% does DR. Not a big deal either way though, unless you're floating at 150k credits and someone has a power Aug for 50k and str Aug for 200k. You know.
I can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do. Real things!

DarthBloodloss
03.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Someone on these forums said they are wearing 2 Rakata implants with str augments.
I have no reason to not believe him, but take it for what it's worth.
Most likely you can crit on Rakata implants.
The crafted Rakata are BoP so you can't but them, only craft them for yourself.

----------------------

On another note, I dont agree that mastercraft stuff is better than columi with augment. I know for BH, the columi augment is around 125aim, the rakata is around 100aim, and im guessing the crafted with augment is like 80 aim tops? and like 60 endurance?

If my guesstimates are close, thats a difference of about 45 main stat and 20 endurance, just to gain a few secondary stats that come very easily once you get Rakata gear.

With my gear setup, I'm at +10% accuracy, 35.5% crit, 75ish surge. There is no need to wear items for secondary stats at this point. I understand that power doesnt hit DR, but why lose out on 90aim and 40endurace just to get Power from 2 implants?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Metaphysic
03.08.2012 , 11:01 PM | #13
For marauders, rakata/columi implants are flat-out worse than a simple 49 crafted implant. Too much of their stat budget is allocated to endurance/accuracy; endurance doesn't matter, and rakata gear/talents already offer too much accuracy.

If you just want to wave your item level around they're adequate, but if you're actually min/maxing then you want two 49 might implants.

Carbonated
03.09.2012 , 04:24 AM | #14
crafted ones i have are 90 str with augment in them 40 power, a bit of surge and crit. very nice. good for me cuz i cbf farming the dailys
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Spiderbubble
03.09.2012 , 07:48 AM | #15
I recently respecced into Biochem after achieving the Augments in both relics/belt/bracers from going from Artifice>Synth.

I was told you cannot craft Rakata implants, and you therefore cannot make an augmented Rakata implant.

What's the truth?

revcrisis
03.09.2012 , 09:13 AM | #16
Someone on these forums said they are wearing 2 Rakata implants with str augments.
I've never seen a Rakata implant with an augment slot - you can't even craft them I thought?

Crawfishies
03.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #17
If this person has fully decked out, why would he put strength augment?
Strength at higher levels have so much DR.

Take out the strength and put Power.
the crit/surge stats from Strength is minimal.

If you don't believe, just simply look at the "Might Stims".
It has much more Strength than Power which "tells" you that Power is
a much more powerful stat.

If you still dont believe,
Try switching out Augments and see for youself like I did.

Thundergulch
03.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawfishies View Post
If this person has fully decked out, why would he put strength augment?
Strength at higher levels have so much DR.

Take out the strength and put Power.
the crit/surge stats from Strength is minimal.

If you don't believe, just simply look at the "Might Stims".
It has much more Strength than Power which "tells" you that Power is
a much more powerful stat.

If you still dont believe,
Try switching out Augments and see for youself like I did.
Don't shoot the messenger!
Geez, I'm just relaying info that was in another thread

midnitemonster
03.09.2012 , 09:21 AM | #19
Maybe because I just saw it on torhead and assumed you could...

http://www.torhead.com/item/6lETHys/...mandos-implant

If not, then I apologize.
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

rkspeck
03.09.2012 , 09:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Minor sidenote:

I would swap to power augments after 1750 str. 1 str is equal to something like .91 power in terms of bonus damage. The remainder is the crit% piece. The str -> crit% does DR. Not a big deal either way though, unless you're floating at 150k credits and someone has a power Aug for 50k and str Aug for 200k. You know.

Implants:
-Best in slot for Marauders is the Level 49 Expert Nano-Might Package Mastercraft with
Augment slot.
-This is even more important when trying to max/min your stats and gives flexible to certain
Enhancements,Mods, etc.

Earpiece:

Crafted Columi Weapon Master Device Mastercraft is best in slot

What you should be shooting for.....

1 Strength Until 1550 unbuffed.
2 Accuracy 10% including talents.
3 Critical rating Total crit near to 30% (or 20% from critical rating)
4 Surge rating Total surge near to 75% (or 25% from surge rating)
5 Power

We can argue all we want about endurance being better, what spec you play, and what is best in slot for certain things. This is for Annihilation spec. The numbers may in fact be different for other trees.

Simplified modification:
For enhancements, take accuracy / power until accuracy cap, then pick crit / surge to surge cap, fill the rest witch crit / power. Avoid high-endurance enhancements.

For modifications, if you are below Rakata tier gear, take high strength / low power. If your critical hit chance is below 26% unbuffed, you may want to take strength / crit on your preference. Fill augment slots with strength.

For modifications at Rakata tier gear, take low strength, high power modifications in 3-4 pieces of gear. Fill augment slots with power.
Orynn - Marauder

"The Council"