Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata vs. Columi implants

FAMO
03.06.2012 , 11:13 AM | #1
Alot of people prefer Columi implants with Augment slot instead of Rakata implants (and farming those is a pain).

What do you prefer? And what augment do you put in your Columi?
I would probably put Power augments in mine (if they had augment slots).

But I'm still wondering if I should keep looking at GTN for Columi with augment slots, or just farm those Rakatas (would LOVE the surge - the only thing I'm low on atm)

/FAMO

PS. The new white color crystals are AWESOME

kainsec
03.06.2012 , 11:29 AM | #2
neither if you got the cash and patience crit crafting an re level 49 implant yields way more overall stats in power (to the tune of a crit crafted columi would lose me 40 power alone), surge, and accuracy for only 20ish (irc) endurance and str. I don't believe columi implants can be red into the better versions like overkill, hawkeye ect but to be fair i haven't been willing to waste an implant trying
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

FAMO
03.06.2012 , 02:24 PM | #3
I'm not willing to lose 30+ str and endurance for some other stat.
I like having a good amount of hp.

Columi with augment > lvl 49 mastercraft imo

EasymodeX
03.06.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
Augmented Columi > Rakata.
I can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do. Real things!

kainsec
03.06.2012 , 03:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FAMO View Post
I'm not willing to lose 30+ str and endurance for some other stat.
I like having a good amount of hp.

Columi with augment > lvl 49 mastercraft imo
18 str and 43 endurance is the stat loss. Power way more than makes up for it as does the increased extra stat (depends on which one you get through RE dumb luck rng thing hence the patience for the stat you want), augments are a wash. 40 power>>>>18 str there is no debate there at all, no margin for argument the only thing that is arguable is the need for endurance

In the endurance is not a big concern if your doing the boss mechanic correctly. Do you have more than 17k health and you know the mechanics of a fight your going to be good through hard mode ops as long as you don't make stupid mistakes like letting your lightning ball run through half a dozen ppl before taking it or letting bt swipe you repeatedly. In PvP it comes down to strategy and support you can expect, the extra endurance can help but does it make up for the loss in DPS is a question you have to examine based on play style and support expected. This of course assumes your not using pvp implants bc of the dr on expertise

***edited after i got unlazy and double checked the for the exact stats on the implant in my bag******
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

EasymodeX
03.06.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
The small stat tradeoffs won't make a big difference one way or the other.

However, if ever the stat actually matters one way or another, then the endurance is a larger factor that the tiny DPS increase of mastercraft49 over columi.
I can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do. Real things!

Cindikle
03.06.2012 , 04:29 PM | #7
My preference is the crafted ones. We have a good amount of cooldowns to help with staying alive. But my guild's healers are rather good.

If it's that hard for you to choose, get one of each.

midnitemonster
03.08.2012 , 08:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FAMO View Post
Alot of people prefer Columi implants with Augment slot instead of Rakata implants (and farming those is a pain).

What do you prefer? And what augment do you put in your Columi?
I would probably put Power augments in mine (if they had augment slots).

But I'm still wondering if I should keep looking at GTN for Columi with augment slots, or just farm those Rakatas (would LOVE the surge - the only thing I'm low on atm)

/FAMO

PS. The new white color crystals are AWESOME
I would do both. Continue with your dailies while checking the GTN each day. You can also get a Mastercraft Rakata Implant with Augment slot. Which will be better than the Columi, but goodluck with finding someone on your server with it. >.<
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Foxcolt
03.08.2012 , 08:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by midnitemonster View Post
I would do both. Continue with your dailies while checking the GTN each day. You can also get a Mastercraft Rakata Implant with Augment slot. Which will be better than the Columi, but goodluck with finding someone on your server with it. >.<
Are you 100% sure about that?

Thundergulch
03.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxcolt View Post
Are you 100% sure about that?
Someone on these forums said they are wearing 2 Rakata implants with str augments.
I have no reason to not believe him, but take it for what it's worth.
Most likely you can crit on Rakata implants.