Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice broken due to 1.1.5?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice broken due to 1.1.5?

Berika
03.06.2012 , 08:13 AM | #11
In related news, a very limited number of pure white color crystals have been recovered by a Hutt-sponsored expedition into uncharted space. As of today, small stocks of these extremely rare and expensive crystals have started to appear in Vendor stocks at the primary Imperial and Republic transportation hubs. With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectible.

I read this to indicate the white crystals are for a limited time only.
Do unto others before they do unto you

Rhaphael
03.06.2012 , 08:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Shonuff View Post
Basically as the economy stand, there are a lot of people who are as they quote "Filtiy Rich." Which means end game sinks are not soaking up money enough. Until 1.2 comes out with new endgame crafting items they are putting a lot of items out now to buy for cash to encourage rich folks to sink their cash into the game to bring them down a bit. That is the idea behind the crystal and speeder vendor discounts.
Does that also mean they are taking away the dailies? For many endgame people, dailies is where the real money is at (~200k per day when you do them all), doesn't make sense to have a one-time credit sink while the influx of credits still stays high. That would just postpone the problem.

Hammar
03.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #13
I've decided to drop crafting altogether on all my guys. It's just too much of a money sink. With slicing and gathering and just selling it all on the market I can afford to buy all the overpriced stuff I could ever want.
I never made anything for sale, it took all my money just to keep up with my own char's needs but it also kept me broke doing it. No more for me, thanks.
If you ain't dying, you ain't trying.

evoleye
03.06.2012 , 08:33 AM | #14
I get this feeling they are just tossing all the current endgame crystals on a vendor because they will be VERY outdated come 1.2. Thinking we will see double and possible tripple stat crystals making the current ones worthless. Reason the vendor.

NotSevv
03.06.2012 , 10:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by evoleye View Post
I get this feeling they are just tossing all the current endgame crystals on a vendor because they will be VERY outdated come 1.2. Thinking we will see double and possible tripple stat crystals making the current ones worthless. Reason the vendor.
That doesn't change they just spit in our faces, Crafting +33 crystals have killed me until 1.2
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

Drewser
03.06.2012 , 10:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
Does that also mean they are taking away the dailies? For many endgame people, dailies is where the real money is at (~200k per day when you do them all), doesn't make sense to have a one-time credit sink while the influx of credits still stays high. That would just postpone the problem.
They said something 80% of 50s only have about 400k and 84% less than 1m, so from what I got they wanted players like me with millions to burn some of those creds before 1.2 came out.

GnatB
03.06.2012 , 11:12 AM | #17
But basically, yeah. Artifice, as far as crystals go, is dead until 1.2

'Course, on my server, artifice has always been dead as far as crystals went. Only thing you ever saw up for sale were green (i.e. not prototype or artifact) crystals.

Mephane
03.07.2012 , 01:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Shonuff View Post
Basically as the economy stand, there are a lot of people who are as they quote "Filtiy Rich." Which means end game sinks are not soaking up money enough.
Actually, they showed that a very small minority even had a few millions on their account, and only a tiny percentage (<1%) ranged in the 10million+ range. The vast majority does not even possess a single million. And those were official charts.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Verasmis
03.07.2012 , 01:48 AM | #19
The money in artifice has never been end game. As soon a Kaon came out, the magenta crystals were obsolete. Selling low level colour crystals, that is where the money is at.
Darth Skeksi
Shadow Sith | Oceanic PvP/PvE Sith Guild

Guild Website | SWTOR Site | Recruitment Vid

CIKShock
03.07.2012 , 03:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Verasmis View Post
The money in artifice has never been end game. As soon a Kaon came out, the magenta crystals were obsolete. Selling low level colour crystals, that is where the money is at.
For me, at least, the money has been in lower level lightsaber hilts. Since they cost 7/ea per planet it makes more sense for people to buy the hilt from me and take 3 1/2 mods than buying 4 mods roughly the same price ea and buying a hilt from the vendor.

EDIT: Now... if they were to allow me to RE the crystals and learn the schematic I'd be in second heaven, because I know I can make the crystals for less than 125k if they are similar to cost of the magenta crystals per mats.