Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which legacy features will be purchaseable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Which legacy features will be purchaseable?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kiphere
03.05.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1
Just curious.

Specifically the Races. Will they be only unlockable via leveling one to 50 or will the race unlocks be available for credit purchase at launch of 1.2?

In general I'd like ot know what features will be unlockable via credits and which will be exclusively through level/content consumption (fininshing act 1, 2, etc).
Kiphere
Giradda The Hutt

Kiphere
03.05.2012 , 10:45 PM | #2
for great justice?
Kiphere
Giradda The Hutt

Dezzi
03.05.2012 , 10:47 PM | #3
I am under the impression that things are unlockable OR purchasable. They mentioned it was like this because not everyone rolls alts, and those players would still need a way to take part in the system.

So, for example, if you level a Chiss to 50, you unlock Chiss for all classes. But if you don't have a level 50 Chiss and want a Chiss Warrior, you'll need the appropriate legacy level and the right amount of credits to purchase the unlock.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Dayrun
03.05.2012 , 10:48 PM | #4
The ability to just pay for items that are earned is horrible. this is just a ridiculous way to ruin this system. First you are giving the credit farmers an avenue to make heaps of cash. Secondly you make a high rank in legacy meaningless if you can just enjoy the perks from buying them.

So I think you should make all pvp gear and raid gear something you can pay for to get? Put that out and see how the population takes it.

Iite
03.05.2012 , 10:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayrun View Post
The ability to just pay for items that are earned is horrible. this is just a ridiculous way to ruin this system. First you are giving the credit farmers an avenue to make heaps of cash. Secondly you make a high rank in legacy meaningless if you can just enjoy the perks from buying them.

So I think you should make all pvp gear and raid gear something you can pay for to get? Put that out and see how the population takes it.
What so i didn't "earn" the credits i used to buy them. How is farming legacy exp any different than farming credits ?
Iite - Sorcerer - Vulkner Highway - Valor 38
Hanshotfirst - Scoundrel - Prophecy of the five - Valor 65
Iite - Guardian - Prophecy of the five - Valor 63

GooseGrims
03.05.2012 , 10:55 PM | #6

they will still require w/e legacy lvl to buy them and a person only playing 1 character is going to take alot longer to gain legacy lvls.
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Dayrun
03.05.2012 , 10:55 PM | #7
So i want to buy pvp gear, please implement that at the same time. Also raid gear? Are you for that as well?

GooseGrims
03.05.2012 , 10:57 PM | #8
So i want to buy pvp gear, please implement that at the same time. Also raid gear? Are you for that as well?
buying a cosmetic feature and end game gear are 2 totaly different things.

edit: and technically you can already buy end game pvp and pve gear, go get the token from the raid/gear bag :P
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Iite
03.05.2012 , 10:57 PM | #9
You can buy entry level pvp gear in 1.2. You can already buy BOE rakata gear in 1.2
Iite - Sorcerer - Vulkner Highway - Valor 38
Hanshotfirst - Scoundrel - Prophecy of the five - Valor 65
Iite - Guardian - Prophecy of the five - Valor 63

dirtyklingon
03.05.2012 , 11:04 PM | #10
i'm already bored to *********** **** and back of dailies. can we not have to do boring **** every single *********** day to get **** in this game?

like i mean some *********** variety of **** to do so i don't feel like i'm doing the same two dimensional **** day in and day out wasting my *********** time as i semi afk mind numbingly grind credits and comms wether it's pvp or dailies or raids?

i seriously feel like swtor goes from the great story from 1-50 into basically playing aion suddenly at cap when the story is finished.
what's a few corpses if the credits are right?