Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jango and Bobba Fett...

dnomz
03.05.2012 , 08:23 PM | #1
Long story short,

Can you imagine them using Force Lightning or Force Grip on someone?

THEY ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE FORCE!

They are BOUNTY HUNTERS. PEOPLE with NO CONNECTION TO THE FORCE that make a living out of killing people from a hitlist.

Okay... I don't really care about this whole 20 minute CD thing, I don't care about it not being usable in PvP, Ops, Warzones, Ilum and only while a companion is active, etc.

Basically, ALL the restrictions above make this PRETTY MUCH USELESS. In other words, YOU ARE BREAKING LORE (HARD) FOR NOTHING.

Again... Jango Fett, Bobba Fett...

Really Jedi/Sith need years of training (since their childhood) to feel the force, yet these hillbilly range classes can now all use it without ever having training into mastering the Force.

Kubernetic
03.05.2012 , 08:32 PM | #3
Perhaps that's how the best bounty hunters were able to kill Jedi. They had a latent force sensitivity that let them predict the Jedi's moves.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Zunayson
03.05.2012 , 08:33 PM | #4
Okay cool. But Jango and Boba aren't alive yet.

Nooo this is that legendary Bounty Hunter (It is unclear whether this person was male or female, and nobody was sure whether (s)he used two pistols and had a hunch back (If you get that, I love you.), or only one with a grapple), champion of the great hunt person. (s)he was force sensative by the way. Oh, and a good lightsaber wielder, and had a good collection of vibroknives and was a skilled sniper.

So yeah, deal with it
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Uncommonname
03.05.2012 , 08:34 PM | #5
You didn't listen to the entire cast did you?

IF Bobba Fetts father was force sensitive then all of the sudden it makes a lot of sense. (Father Fett was not force sensitive thus Bobba could not use the force).

With the LEGACY system, if you put a force sensitive as a relative, then it makes PERFECT sense to have all ppl in that family tree be force sensitive.

Dayfax
03.05.2012 , 08:34 PM | #6
Bobba Fett? Isn't he a NASCAR driver?

And no offense to the Fett family, but both these guys seemed pretty incompetent at their chosen trade.

As for lore, I see your Fett and raise you a Leia Organa.
"Sounds like you could use a soldier."

Ralev
03.05.2012 , 08:35 PM | #7
Who says they have no connection to the force? They can get Sith corruption, and there are quite a few examples of people with minor force abilities not strong enough to become Jedi or Sith. Perhaps some of them become Bounty Hunters (or Smugglers or whatever). Kind of a silly thing to get upset about to be honest. Considering it is minor, needs to be unlocked, will likely be limited to solo play (due to restrictions and needing to have a companion out), and is completely optional.

Giondi
03.05.2012 , 08:36 PM | #8
Oh, now I get it. The QQers think they ARE Jango Fett. Ok, just to clear things up: You are not a character that has already been defined in lore, either in movies or in books, you are a new character entirely. If you do not want your character to be Force sensitive, you may choose to not give them any Force sensitivity.

/QQs
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

dnomz
03.05.2012 , 08:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncommonname View Post
You didn't listen to the entire cast did you?

IF Bobba Fetts father was force sensitive then all of the sudden it makes a lot of sense. (Father Fett was not force sensitive thus Bobba could not use the force).

With the LEGACY system, if you put a force sensitive as a relative, then it makes PERFECT sense to have all ppl in that family tree be force sensitive.
But since this game does not offer any character customization at all, it does not make any sense at all either!

Really, how can my 25ish year old Jedi Knight be a parent to a 25ish year old Commando?

Only reason is adoption, and that doesn't really count as a relative that's passing on the force now does it.

Really... try to put some thought in your ideas BW. It's almost as stupid as my Human being related to a Twi'lek which is related to a Chiss which just happens to be a relative of a Hutt.

grandmthethird
03.05.2012 , 08:54 PM | #10
but we can't play either of them.

there is no saying the BH i have. hasn't got a force using mum or dad
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"