Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder Buffs 1.2 ?!!


Audenlol's Avatar


Audenlol
03.05.2012 , 07:14 PM | #1
From what I can gather it seems they are making annihilation even better.


Unofficial and heresay (from guild summit viewers)

Now: Crit from dots heal 1% max health
1.2: Crit from dots heal 3% max health


Annihilate

now: Hits hard if it crits
1.2: Has a 10% chance of hitting twice (fun rng!)


Add anything else that sounds like a reasonable buff.

Evixy's Avatar


Evixy
03.05.2012 , 07:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Audenlol View Post
From what I can gather it seems they are making annihilation even better.


Unofficial and heresay (from guild summit viewers)

Now: Crit from dots heal 1% max health
1.2: Crit from dots heal 3% max health


Annihilate

now: Hits hard if it crits
1.2: Has a 10% chance of hitting twice (fun rng!)


Add anything else that sounds like a reasonable buff.
I seriously doubt ANY of these points. Annihilation is a very good spec for Marauders as it is on Live, it doesn't need any changes and certainly not any buffs. If they reduce the dmg on Annihilate but give it a chance to proc twice, Anni marauders wont be able to get the 5k hit medal anymore (not like it matters a whole lot for medals in 1.1.5 anyway, but it is still a very nice personal achievement to hit someone for 5k).

Carnage is the spec that needs buffing, especially it's survivability. If you see a marauder/sentinel in Ataru Form, you've already won the fight. Unless of course you decide to AFK or if you, hopefully you won't, join a WZ with 10-12k HP.
War Hero Evixy Lvl 50 Annihilation Marauder - Luka Sene-EU

Shonuff's Avatar


Shonuff
03.05.2012 , 07:24 PM | #3
Well, it's unofficial so until we get those patch notes or folks demoing the game comes back in droves with tons of information, im gonna take it with a grain of salt.

I like the 3% heals but is that base? I think you can put points in there that goes up to 2% of your max health.

If thats the case does that mean you can get oup to 6% of your max health back? That would be great.
Zallhela
Sith Marauder
// Night Crew \\

Audenlol's Avatar


Audenlol
03.05.2012 , 07:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
I seriously doubt ANY of these points. Annihilation is a very good spec for Marauders as it is on Live, it doesn't need any changes and certainly not any buffs. If they reduce the dmg on Annihilate but give it a chance to proc twice, Anni marauders wont be able to get the 5k hit medal anymore (not like it matters a whole lot for medals in 1.1.5 anyway, but it is still a very nice personal achievement to hit someone for 5k).

Carnage is the spec that needs buffing, especially it's survivability. If you see a marauder/sentinel in Ataru Form, you've already won the fight. Unless of course you decide to AFK or if you, hopefully you won't, join a WZ with 10-12k HP.
This is not a xxx is better than xxxx thread (and i disagree with your assessment on carnage..which given certain conditions is much more fun and burst than anni)


Anyway, I have not heard anything about the other 2 specs of yet.

Also, from one of hte posters suggestions.. lowering the damage on Annihilate would not be worth the 10% chance of it procing twice.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
03.05.2012 , 07:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shonuff View Post
Well, it's unofficial so until we get those patch notes or folks demoing the game comes back in droves with tons of information, im gonna take it with a grain of salt.

I like the 3% heals but is that base? I think you can put points in there that goes up to 2% of your max health.

If thats the case does that mean you can get oup to 6% of your max health back? That would be great.
The 1% is with Berserk. Would effectively boost mara self heal to 5%/sec for 6 seconds.

30% every 20 sec or so ( with defensive form and being hit on, and extra fury on rage spender, you get 30 stack VERY quickly) is WAY OP. Marauder already has awesome survivability.

I call BS on that post.

KhealThar's Avatar


KhealThar
03.05.2012 , 07:44 PM | #6
If they buff Marauders AT ALL, people will reroll them in droves.

They're already one of the top 3 AC's in pvp.
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Audenlol's Avatar


Audenlol
03.05.2012 , 07:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
The 1% is with Berserk. Would effectively boost mara self heal to 5%/sec for 6 seconds.

30% every 20 sec or so ( with defensive form and being hit on, and extra fury on rage spender, you get 30 stack VERY quickly) is WAY OP. Marauder already has awesome survivability.

I call BS on that post.
Call it what you want.

Its just the rumor mill.


Neither of those buffs make the class easier to play.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
03.05.2012 , 07:58 PM | #8
If they 'buff' the class at all it will be to push more of the defenses to lower levels.

kainsec's Avatar


kainsec
03.05.2012 , 09:07 PM | #9
ehhh i wouldn't get my hopes up too high the only things on mara that need major improvements imo is carnage tree which imo is awful and either needs a damage buff (its damage for me anyway maybe I am doing it wrong is not on par with anni) in some form or a survival buff to put it on par with anni but i got a feeling that with anni having multiple defensive talents that it will not be survival should they work on carnage.

Anni right now imo has better utility (berserk heals help the party it's not much but every little bit helps when Soa is tossing or mind trapping a healer), better survival, and better damage which leaves carnage without a real niche at least the shared tree has better aoe even if juggs do it better.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
03.05.2012 , 09:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Audenlol View Post
Call it what you want.

Its just the rumor mill.


Neither of those buffs make the class easier to play.
Do you even have a source before posting something like that?

Because someone says something doesn't make it a rumor mill.


Otherwise, it means anyone can say anything. Rumors come from unconfirmed leaks, so unless you can point something real, then this post is worthless.

Sorry if you find my words harsh, there is no other way to put it in my opinion.

Also marauder is not easy to play, sure, but balance isn't about that, its about capabilities.

30%/15 sec of self-healing, 3 mitigation abilities and an AoE coupled with massive up front damage many tank-class struggle against?

How logic is that?