Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission Drop and Purple Box Woes

Darion_Leonidas
03.05.2012 , 06:33 PM | #1
Okay, Devs, I have a problem, in two parts:
Part One: I have a Sith Marauder, which as you may or may not know, can wear Medium Armor only.
Part Two: I actually really like the space missions and I like tricking out my ship as much as possible.
As for Part One, ever since I hit Level 25, every Mission Completed award offered in every single mission I have completed has been Medium Armor ONLY for my pets.
If any other armor has been offered, it has ALWAYS been HEAVY armor.
This is extremely annoying and makes no sense whatsoever, and please don't tell me "it's random", because after 25 levels, "random" would have meant I'd get at least ONE medium armor item. I have received NONE.
And yes, I have kept track. NONE. In TWENTY-FIVE LEVELS and now, beyond.
On to Part Two, where I have been grinding to get enough Fleet Commendations to optimize my equipment for my ship, buying some modifications and getting the rest from an industrious Guildmate who crafts (really excellent) components for me.
Today I finally earned enough Fleet Commendations to buy a purple Ancient Artifact Box. Since these are Fleet Commendations awarded for Naval actions, I assumed - not unreasonably, I think - that I could expect at least a semi-cool ancient ship modification like the Infinite Empire one which is given out as a reward in one of the earlier missions.
But no.
Instead, for my hard-earned 375 Fleet Commendations, I received a purple belt.
And, of course, it was Heavy Armor.
Again, I have a Maruader, who can wear Medium Armor ONLY.
Much as I would like my Fleet Commendations returned or to receive some item which I can actually use, I realize that's probably not going to happen.
What I WOULD like is an admission from the Developers that the "random" rewards for misisons and boxes are either
A. Nothing of the sort or,
B. Just plain screwed up.
Just please, please, PLEASE don't try to tell me that "the system in place is working as designed and there are no plans to change it". That's the kind of customer-hating nonsense I used to see spewed in another MMO by an Admin who is now working in the advertising industry. Or possibly politics. Either way, you get my drift.
And please fix this glitch. It is extremely annoying, disappointing and aggravating.
Thank you.
Yours truly,
Darion Leonidas

xephoniphulus
03.28.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2
they should make it so that the boxes you purchase are for you, but i think the items you get from boxes that aren't for you are for your companions.

Subatia
03.28.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
I hate to tell ya, but it is working as intended.

Random boxes are random. All other boxes you pick up have the same wording as the fleet commendation box. Sorry if you were misled.

As for quest rewards, BW itemized all the rewards so that they are the same for both AC.

If you are a Jugg, you take the Heavy armor. Maurs take the Medium.

There are a few specific quests that give companion armor.

I use planet commendations to dress out my companions. The white and black jacket from the Corellian commendation vendor looks awesome on Vette.

Pengatron
03.28.2012 , 03:45 PM | #4
My experience has been for quest rewards you always get something appropriate for your class (advanced class) or for one of your companions. Or you get something generic like planet commendations or a lockbox.

I have never seen a quest reward that is inappropriate for your advanced class such as a medium armor class getting heavy armor quest rewards, unless that heavy armor is good for one of your companions..

Random drops and random items from lockboxes, security chests and such can be anything.
You do not stop playing games because you get old,
you get old because you stop playing games.