Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best two classes for flashpoints?

_Kraze
03.05.2012 , 05:56 PM | #1
Partnering up with a friend, we're both going to be making new chars and plan on doing all flash points, was wondering what combination of classes would be the best duo for flashpoints, heroics, etc..

AngelousWang
03.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #2
Juggernaut/Assassin/Powertech -Tank- & Sorcerer/Mercenary Healer.

The you can just pick up two random DPS (of which there is rarely a shortage, if you play at prime times).

Probably best of with Jugg and Sorc.

Ptech&Merc, Sin&Sorc have issues (shared gear, class story area bugs) as they are the same base class.

Sin&Merc, Sorc&Ptech, start on different worlds, which means you'll ever have to clear two starter worlds or play separately for the the start.

Sorc is probably the best healer in the game, Jugg has some AOE threat issues compared to the other Tanks, but nothing that cannot be over come by learning to play the class.

Sorc&Ptech would be my second recommendation.

Of your roiling Republic, mirrors are the same.
CE VIP

oredith
03.05.2012 , 06:21 PM | #3
sith assasin + IA operative.

tank + healer, and you can both stealth to avoid mobs if you wanted to, making a lot of the [heroic 4] quests easily achievable with only 2 people (usually it's the trash that requires 4 people).
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Paydroid
03.05.2012 , 09:56 PM | #4
The real answer is "whatever classes are underrepresented on your server."

On mine, the answer would be a healing smuggler and a tanking Vanguard, and it'll be super easy to find some Jedi DPS (other DPS as well of course... there's just TONS of Jedi). As an added bonus, you have the same planet for levels 1-10.

belialle
03.06.2012 , 01:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post

tank + healer, and you can both stealth to avoid mobs if you wanted to, making a lot of the [heroic 4] quests easily achievable with only 2 people (usually it's the trash that requires 4 people).
This would be my choice. Stealthy tank and healer would be a pretty good combination. Also, operative healing is super fun to me.

You'd probably be happiest if you chose the classes that are most appealing to you both.

There's really no wrong answer here. The only trouble you'd run into is if you both chose the same base class -- because you'd be rolling against each other on tier drops, which means it'd take you longer to gear up.

MrSteak
03.06.2012 , 08:41 AM | #6
As mentioned, the two classes you'll have the easiest time finding a group with will be any tank and any healer. I know people say that one healer is better than the other, but that's because they're going by one big crit that they saw from a sorcerer/sage. Wasn't long ago people were crying over their healing because they'd run out of Force. Each healer has its own skillset and shines in different areas, same as each tank, really.

But keep in mind that tanks/healers are the smart players. Not because all DPS are stupid, but because the dumb players tend to pad the DPS population numbers. If you're not up to learning the bosses and being fully aware of every aspect of every fight, tanking/healing is not the role for you. However, if this is something you feel you can do, tanking is *********** awesome.

Nezrik
03.06.2012 , 02:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post

this for sure.

you also have 2 cc's and 1 droid cc with this combo.

naomicampuzano
03.08.2012 , 08:28 AM | #8
What about Having two sorcerers on the group? One full healing tree and the other Ligh/Damage. We have our tank, of course, and an Operative but i was wondering if its a problem to run with two sorc.
Well aren't you sweet. Is this the part where i discover your soft side under those terrifying Sith robes?
Akhai grinned, as confident as ever-There is nothing soft under this robes, Theron.
When the Dark Side Calls

konstan
03.08.2012 , 09:23 AM | #9
If the two of you are going to always be running flashpoints, roll a tank and a healer.

I am not sayin' that the DPS job is trivial. I'm just sayin' that tank and healer working together is often the difference between a success and a wipe.
"Good relations with the wookies I have"