Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which is better Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Which is better Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin

RancorSlayeer
03.05.2012 , 04:45 PM | #1
Which is better Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin i want to play the stealth type with dual light sabers so just wondering which is better?

Kerplode
03.05.2012 , 04:50 PM | #2
They are exact mirrors of eachother.

Neither is better
SERVER: Shadow Hand
Characters: "Sicero" Sniper, "Korruptor" Marauder, "Berith" Guardian, "Kerplode" Vanguard, "Zolda" Scoundrel

mathisk
03.05.2012 , 04:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RancorSlayeer View Post
Which is better Jedi Shadow or Sith Assassin i want to play the stealth type with dual light sabers so just wondering which is better?
Stealth Force users = Jedi Shadow and Sith Assassin
Dual Lightsabers = Jedi Sentinels and Sith Marauders

The Jedi Shadow and Sith Assassin classes use lightsaber staves.

So what do you want more: stealth gameplay or two lightsabers? 'Cuz you can't have both.

efylinx
03.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #4
No stealth class wields two lightsabers (maybe you meant double-bladed lightsaber?). The Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow are mechanically the same class, so the question is: Do you want to play Republic (Jedi Shadow) or Empire (Sith Assassin).

Eternalnight
03.05.2012 , 05:48 PM | #5
Sith assassin is more sexy. Isn't that all that matters?

Randomness
03.05.2012 , 06:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Sith assassin is more sexy. Isn't that all that matters?
Lightning. LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING!!!!!

Although to be fair, Assassin is heavy on the melee attacks.... Thrash is central to Madness dps (Thrash getting +50% crit damage, procs Raze, and higher melee crit chance), and Maul is central to Deception.

Of course, Darkness is light on melee endgame, since you want to be using mainly Shock and Wither for Harnessed Darkness stacks... but that's only after level 40 (since you REALLY need Wither to make the most of the Harnessed Darkness talent... Shock is EXPENSIVE).

BenjaminChaz
11.03.2012 , 01:37 PM | #7
depends on the story bro