Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes able to use other class abilities? will this break the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Classes able to use other class abilities? will this break the game?

Jaizo
03.05.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1
I watched the 1.2 trailer and notced a jugg using flamethrower and then saw an operative force choking? This is dangerous territory Bioware is crossing. I dont know about you but the minute I see a Jedi Sage shooting Lightning or a Jedi Sentinal force choking someone, I am sure people will claim the game broken because it will render the question, " Why play a class when one class can do it all." I can't be the only one that feels this way. What are you're thoughts and please don't troll, constructive feedback only please.

Wolfninjajedi
03.05.2012 , 02:15 PM | #2
Its only a heroic moment type of thing(meaning 20min wait), and can only be used for PVE stuff when your companion is out.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Tservo
03.05.2012 , 02:15 PM | #3
Just so dumb that's what it is. So incredibly dumb.

dawtree
03.05.2012 , 02:16 PM | #4
Quoted from link below
"A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone. "

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

JediElf
03.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #5
I think it's really cool! it has such potential for RP ideas and back stories.

Bring it on!

ShadowOfVey
03.05.2012 , 02:20 PM | #6
Looks more like some little toy to occasionally goof around with while out solo questing rather than anything actually useful.

They haven't said how strong the abilities are going to be either. Let's face it, a BH using force lightning or something without the talents backing it up is only situationally useful even if you could use it whenever you wanted.

lueckjathom
03.05.2012 , 02:25 PM | #7
Dumb.... But no real impact on anything.

*shrug*

Someone might think it's neat so whatever I guess.

Harleyz
03.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #8
"requires a companion to activate" hahahah
So you can use it twice throughout dailies, and over the 2 week lvling process?
Woo legacy got worse before it has even begun....

Sernon
03.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #9
This will not isolated break the game, but it might be a sign of things to come, and an indication of what to expect later. If it is not seen as good now, it will certainly not improve if we extend the trend.

---
Truth is far too valuable to be left out in the open. Guard it closely. Hide it well.

Harleyz
03.05.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sernon View Post
This will not isolated break the game, but it might be a sign of things to come, and an indication of what to expect later. If it is not seen as good now, it will certainly not improve if we extend the trend.

---
Just how long are all you guys prepared to wait? I see so many posts with ppl saying there waiting.
But for how long.....