Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Juggern in 1v1 and in general

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My Juggern in 1v1 and in general

Sabredance
03.22.2012 , 09:29 AM | #11
As a Vigilance Guardian i canīt beat Healer , Marauders and Tankassassins.

Assuming they are not undergeared or bad.

Today i attacked an Operative at the eastern Point in Alderaan and i got my 75k Medal

before i died.

Powertechs are usually a very hard fight.

Mercenaries are the easiest targets.

Dissentus
03.22.2012 , 10:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrheel View Post
When i fought ops, especially one particular match at 45, i did about 6 attacks that shoulda stunned, and he resisted them all. So idk what happened/happens, but they resist my stuns.

And the marauder sentinels- i fought all over the spectrum. Fought some in my 20's, 30's, 40's. Had 2 matches at 49, so... But would have lost 3-4 of them without a last second endure pain. Simply had to many stuns and damage resistance for them, but they were all close matches despite undefeated record. They were much tougher than mercenary/commando's
Juggs don't have 6 attacks that can stun, first of all. You may want to get your facts straight before laying it out on the forums. I have a level 50 operative, and they cannot resist stuns, unless his resolve was full. He probably used his CC break on one of them as soon as you used it. I'm not sure if evasion can dodge any of them, as I usually save it to use with my combat stealth, but that only lasts 3 seconds.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

CanisAquilus
03.23.2012 , 12:02 AM | #13
Pre-50 pvp doesn't really mean anything. You shouldn't try to balance around that, or try to give opinions on classes based on that.

PS: Assassins are the best 1v1 class in the game.
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

clearsighted
03.23.2012 , 12:59 AM | #14
Who really cares what lowbies you stomped over in Tattooine?

At 50, you'll see those 1v1 stats against decent assassins/shadows and sents/maras flipped.

Jrheel
03.23.2012 , 11:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dissentus View Post
Juggs don't have 6 attacks that can stun, first of all. You may want to get your facts straight before laying it out on the forums. I have a level 50 operative, and they cannot resist stuns, unless his resolve was full. He probably used his CC break on one of them as soon as you used it. I'm not sure if evasion can dodge any of them, as I usually save it to use with my combat stealth, but that only lasts 3 seconds.
I didnt say i have 6 attacks that are stuns, I said I did 6 attacks that stunned. In the immortal tree i put a skill point in the one that gives force charge a 2 second stun, and that was used about 3 times. So dont tell me I need to get my facts straight, if u have a question, just ask, instead of assume and being a little nasty.

I see a lot of love for darkness assassins here, maybe the assassins I fought werent darkness, because I usually stomped them. For the record, I have no idea what spec or gear any of the people I fought were. Didnt ask, and just recorded the result.

Back on topic, i see people's opinion's for different classes and how jugs in their servers get killed against this class and that- The classes I had trouble with were the Operative, Sorcerer, and Powertech, and somewhat the Marauder. But I still had winning records against those except for the Operative which was tied- but only 4 matches

Mercs, were the graviest to me, and Snipers werent that bad, but I had the least experience against Snipers. Like I said, Assassins were gravy too, but maybe they werent darkness, I have no idea

And IMO, Jugs are beast in 1v1. Damage resistance, stuns, and a well used rage bar trump what most classes can do and handle in 1v1 IMO. A lot harder in warzone pvp because of the melee factor(it's easier for ranged classes to group on a melee, than melee to group on ranged),- and because of the way people move around in pvp and how much of a clusterf it can be when ur right in the middle of it. One second ur attacking a character, the next u can't because he's too far away and u have to switch to another character, then turn to face him, just to keep ur attacks going

Jrheel
03.23.2012 , 12:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post

At 50, you'll see those 1v1 stats against decent assassins/shadows and sents/maras flipped.
I dont totally disagree, I have experience in 50 1v1 pvp, but not enough to put a long post like this one. And at 50 I still usually win 1v1, but not like I did pre 50. And the thing about 50 is, it's much more gear dependent. If I dont have good pvp gear, and go against someone that has descent pvp gear, it doesn't matter what class they are- its a loss.

At 50 I havent lost to the gunslinger-sniper class yet, Marauder-Sentinels are 50-50 now, instead of undefeated, but I know that in a couple of my losses that they had better gear, because I figured out how to inspect player recently. And I still do good against Commando-Merc, but have lost once or twice there too

50 IMO is more about the gear than the class- but not quite experienced enough to post what class trumps what in equal gear. To me shouldn't change that much from pre 50 as it hasn't yet, but maybe I'm wrong. Im open to criticism

Jrheel
03.23.2012 , 12:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post

Took it a lot further than Tatooine, Tatooine was where I started, and there's only 2 matches outa 40 from there

Dissentus
03.23.2012 , 12:23 PM | #18
You said you had 6 attacks that should have stunned without listing what you did in the fight. So what am I supposed to assume? I wasn't trying to be nasty or anything. I was just going off what limited info I had. If you have the stun charge, you are needlessly filling up the resolve bar everytime you use it, so it is possible they had too much resolve when you went to use your other stuns, hence making it look like they kept resisting.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

CanisAquilus
03.23.2012 , 07:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrheel View Post
I dont totally disagree, I have experience in 50 1v1 pvp, but not enough to put a long post like this one. And at 50 I still usually win 1v1, but not like I did pre 50. And the thing about 50 is, it's much more gear dependent. If I dont have good pvp gear, and go against someone that has descent pvp gear, it doesn't matter what class they are- its a loss.

At 50 I havent lost to the gunslinger-sniper class yet, Marauder-Sentinels are 50-50 now, instead of undefeated, but I know that in a couple of my losses that they had better gear, because I figured out how to inspect player recently. And I still do good against Commando-Merc, but have lost once or twice there too

50 IMO is more about the gear than the class- but not quite experienced enough to post what class trumps what in equal gear. To me shouldn't change that much from pre 50 as it hasn't yet, but maybe I'm wrong. Im open to criticism
A lot matters on the player.

For example, a champion operative played correctly can take out a battlemaster sorceror, though again, it depends on the sorceror in question, and how good he is with using his speed to create distance.

A champion tank assassin can take out a lot of other classes in battlemaster, but again that depends to a certain extent on player ability/knowledge. Force shroud in particular can just wreck people who aren't prepared for it.

1v1 isn't the be all end all of pvp, but a good tankspecced assassin is the best in this catagory, and as a class has a lot of useful utility, speed, grabbing people to drag into the fire etc.
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

subrosian
03.24.2012 , 02:58 AM | #20
I too would like to see the entire game balanced around unranked sub-50 1v1 PVP. /sarcasm

In all seriousness, don't take random PVP 1v1 as any indication of your skill, the abilities of the class or the balance of the game, especially sub-50 and especially when it's not high ELO-matched pre-mades going against each other.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com