Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Juggern in 1v1 and in general

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My Juggern in 1v1 and in general

Jrheel
03.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1
Hi, I bought the game about a week after its release, and never got to play the patch. In the time of waiting, ive heard all kinds of negativity about the Juggernaut. My heart was set on being one for about 2 years b4 the game came out, and when it came time to picking my advanced class, I thought twice about being a Maruder, but chose the Juggernaut still, and boy was i not dissapointed one bit.

This thread is mainly bout my experiences in 1v1 combat against another class; (which is the only type of combat that u dont get anything from, but to me, is also the truest form of ur character against another, wo warzone obstacles, and armor thats rated up to 49, etc..) But my experiences in PvE have been very positive and really easy, and i pvp- im not great, but i tend to bring home the mvp around 10-15% of the time from levels 11-49, and usually get 6-9 medals per match

Having said all that, ive kept track of every 1v1 match ive ever had, and the stats...
Against...

Marauders- 7-0
Assassins- 9-1
Sorcerers- 5-4
Mercenarys- 6-0
Powertechs- 1-1
Snipers- 2-0
Opertives- 2-2
TOTAL- 32-8

Out of 40 matches, my opponents were an average of 0.175 levels higher than me, bc a lot of people wont take the time to do it, unless their higher

My thoughts on Juggernauts and the different classes I went against- (Open to criticism and speculation. Thats what i want, and these are my opinions, and they come from my 1v1 experiences, reading up on them, my alternate characters, and my friend talking about his characters)

Juggernauts- Takes more skill than most-all the other classes, but worth it to me. Possibly the best class in the game at 1v1, but definitley takes skill in pvp, due to fighting from melee. Best defensive class in the game, lots of stuns(in immortal), and descent damage if you use rage bar right

Marauders- Though i was 7-0, each match was close, and i woulda lost 3-4 of them without endure pain. Imo, a very good 1v1 class, because it may be the class that does the most damage to 1 target. Their not designed to do a lot of damage to groups like a merc. Takes skill to use effectivley

Assassins- A nice, well rounded class, but to me, doesnt do any one thing spectacular. Takes more skill to use well than a sorcerer, but with some cool abilities. Not quite designed for 1v1 because of all the stealth abilities

Sorcerers- Great class. Had trouble against these. They do good damage against groups and single targets, have stuns, stun defense, and make great healers. Their flaws are light armor, and low hp, but they shouldnt do everything well

Mercenarys- Great class for taking out groups of targets, and do well in pvp, but their damage is not designed to do a lot to single, strong targets- like in 1v1 or against a strong boss. I absolutley destroyed these, without any trouble, every time. And it was satisfying, because of all the love they get on the forums

Powertechs- Only have a little bit less defense than the Juggernaut, yet do a descent amount more damage- and do it from range. Where Juggernauts gain the edge to me, is their stuns and the well planned use of their rage bar

Snipers- Only 2-0 against these, yet their matches were suprisingly tough. Good dps, a suprising amount of stuns, and their cover negates my force charge. But my damage reduction was too much, and once i got past their stuns, they got destroyed

Operatives- Probaly the best class against Juggernauts. Lots of stuns, but where they shine against Jugs is their stun resistance, which takes away a crucial advantage for Jugs, and their healing- which sucks because Jugs dont do a lot of damage to begin with. I was 2-2 against these, but pretty sure if i had more matches, i woulda came out the loser

Criticize away... Which im sure u will anyway

Technohic
03.05.2012 , 01:53 PM | #2
What?! Nerf Jugernuts!11!!

(ok , not really)

Anyway, I appreciate your post, but how many classes have you played? I think that gets to be the forgotten question. As you play the different classes, you start to know the ins and outs and really; all of the ones I have played give you plenty of opportunity to succeed or fail.

hadoken
03.05.2012 , 02:02 PM | #3
What level were you when you got the various kills you did? And what are you now?

For example if you beat 7 marauders in their 20s, I'd have to give you a big sarcastic clap. If you did that at 45+ though...I might be impressed (at least until I remembered the average marauder player).

Jrheel
03.05.2012 , 02:26 PM | #4
Answering 2 questions,

How many classes have i played and what level am I- Played 3 different, Jug is my favorite, currently level 50

What level were the classes i played against- The average level of the class i played against was higher than mine, and i didnt start dueling until level 21. And all the classes i played against, i played against them at all levels. For ex. fought a marauder at 33, and fought another one at 49

Jrheel
03.21.2012 , 10:11 PM | #5
*Breaths life into dying thread*

Just wanted to give people one more chance to criticize or analyze b4 i let thread die for good.

Spent a lot of time looking at negative juggernaut threads before rolling mine, and took the time to give a detailed positive thread after playing mine, so just wanted to give thread one more shot.

Any fellow positive experiences, criticisms, or opinions are welcome

Dissentus
03.21.2012 , 10:41 PM | #6
Operatives don't have stun resistance, not sure what you mean by that.

That also looks much better than I do on Jugg vs. Mara/Sent. They usually destroy me and I can use everything. They simply have more defensive cooldowns to blow and heal back the dot damage on me that I cannot cleanse. Of course, in the lower brackets, you are probably trumping the ones without all the appropriate skills yet. That's my guess at least.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Jrheel
03.21.2012 , 10:58 PM | #7
When i fought ops, especially one particular match at 45, i did about 6 attacks that shoulda stunned, and he resisted them all. So idk what happened/happens, but they resist my stuns.

And the marauder sentinels- i fought all over the spectrum. Fought some in my 20's, 30's, 40's. Had 2 matches at 49, so... But would have lost 3-4 of them without a last second endure pain. Simply had to many stuns and damage resistance for them, but they were all close matches despite undefeated record. They were much tougher than mercenary/commando's

Mystry
03.22.2012 , 12:57 AM | #8
From those statistics, its obvious that you either are not 50 or have not fought geared 50 opponents. Juggernauts and Guardians statistically have the weakest damage and defense of all the classes, and a BM Guard/Jugg versus nearly any other BM class is an almost guaranteed lose. The only real exceptions are sorcerers/sages, who we can sometimes pressure hard enough to beat the dps race against their dots.

JoeOrno
03.22.2012 , 03:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrheel View Post
Hi, I bought the game about a week after its release, and never got to play the patch. In the time of waiting, ive heard all kinds of negativity about the Juggernaut. My heart was set on being one for about 2 years b4 the game came out, and when it came time to picking my advanced class, I thought twice about being a Maruder, but chose the Juggernaut still, and boy was i not dissapointed one bit.

This thread is mainly bout my experiences in 1v1 combat against another class; (which is the only type of combat that u dont get anything from, but to me, is also the truest form of ur character against another, wo warzone obstacles, and armor thats rated up to 49, etc..) But my experiences in PvE have been very positive and really easy, and i pvp- im not great, but i tend to bring home the mvp around 10-15% of the time from levels 11-49, and usually get 6-9 medals per match

Having said all that, ive kept track of every 1v1 match ive ever had, and the stats...
Against...

Marauders- 7-0
Assassins- 9-1
Sorcerers- 5-4
Mercenarys- 6-0
Powertechs- 1-1
Snipers- 2-0
Opertives- 2-2
TOTAL- 32-8

Out of 40 matches, my opponents were an average of 0.175 levels higher than me, bc a lot of people wont take the time to do it, unless their higher

My thoughts on Juggernauts and the different classes I went against- (Open to criticism and speculation. Thats what i want, and these are my opinions, and they come from my 1v1 experiences, reading up on them, my alternate characters, and my friend talking about his characters)

Juggernauts- Takes more skill than most-all the other classes, but worth it to me. Possibly the best class in the game at 1v1, but definitley takes skill in pvp, due to fighting from melee. Best defensive class in the game, lots of stuns(in immortal), and descent damage if you use rage bar right

Marauders- Though i was 7-0, each match was close, and i woulda lost 3-4 of them without endure pain. Imo, a very good 1v1 class, because it may be the class that does the most damage to 1 target. Their not designed to do a lot of damage to groups like a merc. Takes skill to use effectivley

Assassins- A nice, well rounded class, but to me, doesnt do any one thing spectacular. Takes more skill to use well than a sorcerer, but with some cool abilities. Not quite designed for 1v1 because of all the stealth abilities

Sorcerers- Great class. Had trouble against these. They do good damage against groups and single targets, have stuns, stun defense, and make great healers. Their flaws are light armor, and low hp, but they shouldnt do everything well

Mercenarys- Great class for taking out groups of targets, and do well in pvp, but their damage is not designed to do a lot to single, strong targets- like in 1v1 or against a strong boss. I absolutley destroyed these, without any trouble, every time. And it was satisfying, because of all the love they get on the forums

Powertechs- Only have a little bit less defense than the Juggernaut, yet do a descent amount more damage- and do it from range. Where Juggernauts gain the edge to me, is their stuns and the well planned use of their rage bar

Snipers- Only 2-0 against these, yet their matches were suprisingly tough. Good dps, a suprising amount of stuns, and their cover negates my force charge. But my damage reduction was too much, and once i got past their stuns, they got destroyed

Operatives- Probaly the best class against Juggernauts. Lots of stuns, but where they shine against Jugs is their stun resistance, which takes away a crucial advantage for Jugs, and their healing- which sucks because Jugs dont do a lot of damage to begin with. I was 2-2 against these, but pretty sure if i had more matches, i woulda came out the loser

Criticize away... Which im sure u will anyway

Well writte nand all that but you los tme when you said assassins where not good 1 v 1...sir....I can think of only one class in this game tha tcan go toe to toe with a well played assassin.

Powertech/Vanguard. * due to the fact they can shield and still pump out tons of damage with armor missing abilities and can prevent others from kiting them and have no need to seriously * close the distance* like a Guardian does.

Their shielding and self heals along with plenty of instant utility and their being well above the line as far as damage is concerned....make them one of the hardiest 1 v1 s to ever take on..I assure you..if you think the class sucks then you have never seen one played correctly.

Juggernaught is one of the weakest classes one on one ingame...this is felt all around my server where many Guardians have rerolled or say they are planning on rerolling because its becoming unbearable.

* my level 24 Sentinel SOLOED a level 47 Juggernaught*

I've played several classes...and I would swear that hands down the Guardian/Juggernaught is the weakest i've played.
Terentateks? Joe Orno soloed eighteen Terentateks with one hand tied behind his back...And he said " Ooorah!" each time one hit the dust!
(〓█:\\\██δ▀██[Ξ][Pain is weakness leaving the body U.S.M.C

AGSThomas
03.22.2012 , 08:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeOrno View Post
Well writte nand all that but you los tme when you said assassins where not good 1 v 1...sir....I can think of only one class in this game tha tcan go toe to toe with a well played assassin.

*snip*

Juggernaught is one of the weakest classes one on one ingame...this is felt all around my server where many Guardians have rerolled or say they are planning on rerolling because its becoming unbearable.

* my level 24 Sentinel SOLOED a level 47 Juggernaught*

I've played several classes...and I would swear that hands down the Guardian/Juggernaught is the weakest i've played.
I agree with the assassin statement. A PvP darkness/hybrid assassin can not be stopped by a Juggernaut 1v1. I am a War Hero so I have a bit of experience in Warzones. I've posted on the glaring OPness of Darkness assassins. They hit way too hard and have way too much healing. They can stealth and wait for more healing abilities to come off cooldown. force slow, force speed, some silly uninterruptable ability, shocks they can use from range, its just too much utility in one class.

Your second point however seems like noob talk. Juggernauts are far from the weakest class 1v1. I play immortal DPS and there are only 2 classes that can stop me and only if played well. The tank Assassin and the firefag Powertech. Other then that, equally geared I like my chances against every other spec. The Juggernaut you "soloed" was probably new. As a matter of fact, I would argue that he probably tried keyboard turning as you kept hitting from behind.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies