BH/Trooper nerf in 1.2

Caelrie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well they specifically say warrior and knight which are mirrors, and then only say bounty hunter instead of bounty hunter and trooper which leads me to believe its an imperial only nerf. Only thing i can think of is that they are extending the mortar volley delay to death from above.

well they specifically say warrior and knight which are mirrors, and then only say bounty hunter instead of bounty hunter and trooper which leads me to believe its an imperial only nerf. Only thing i can think of is that they are extending the mortar volley delay to death from above.

WTH would they just nerf one side of the mirror? How would that make sense?

I'm thinking that's not it.

WTH would they just nerf one side of the mirror? How would that make sense?

The fact that it's a gaming magazine/website's report should suggest to you that the nerf is affecting both sides and the magazine simply got the semantics wrong. Common sense should be applied liberally to affected wound.

Thanks OP for linking that article. Though the nerf was inevitable, the Legacy abilities are intriguing me now.

Edited by Queen_Ultima

Um... isn't it pretty well known that Bounty Hunters' heat mechanic is a lot more forgiving than Troopers' ammo mechanic in relation to the breakpoints of the various tiers of regeneration rates? Insofar as they pointed out Bounty Hunters only, wouldn't a logical conclusion be that they're re-tuning the breakpoints for the Bounty Hunter regeneration rates to be more in line with the Troopers'?

If I had to venture a guess, that would seem to be the one that makes the most sense.

Um... isn't it pretty well known that Bounty Hunters' heat mechanic is a lot more forgiving than Troopers' ammo mechanic in relation to the breakpoints of the various tiers of regeneration rates? Insofar as they pointed out Bounty Hunters only, wouldn't a logical conclusion be that they're re-tuning the breakpoints for the Bounty Hunter regeneration rates to be more in line with the Troopers'?

If I had to venture a guess, that would seem to be the one that makes the most sense.

I hope not. I was hoping that they would bring the Troopers in line with the Bounty Hunters by buffing the Trooper. Heavy healing instances are already a challenge in the Heat category.

As a matter of fact, the same goes for the Mortar Volley/DFA issue. I was hoping they would buff the Trooper instead of nerf the BH.

Then again it may be as others have suggested and just be a mistake by IGN. Maybe it's a nerf across both classes. Time will tell.

I was not aware there was such a difference already between mirrored classes as far as function. I would say, if they adjusted those to match, it would be a fix more than a nerf.

If they are saying nerf specifically, that would lead me to believe it would be across both. Now I can't see my merc healer spec needing much of a nerf but it is what it is. Maybe I will start to see more than just 2 classes in warzones then after they do the overall adjusting.

If I were them I'd put Grav Round/Tracer Missile on a similar cooldown to other sunder mechanics of 3-4.5 seconds.

That'd reward the good players of the class who know how to use all of the tools the class has available, and punish the flavor of the month players.

Rippeh from Gorefiend?

If I were them I'd put Grav Round/Tracer Missile on a similar cooldown to other sunder mechanics of 3-4.5 seconds.

That'd reward the good players of the class who know how to use all of the tools the class has available, and punish the flavor of the month players.

Grav Round is what you use when everything else is in cooldown.

They'd have to rework the Gunnery tree at that point then to not be so reliant on Grav round as a filler for when your other abilities are on cooldown. All in all, as long as I'm still a viable DPS for raids I'll be happy.

The fact that it's a gaming magazine/website's report should suggest to you that the nerf is affecting both sides and the magazine simply got the semantics wrong. Common sense should be applied liberally to affected wound.

oh yes, common sense tells me a professional gaming journalist was specific enough to mention two mirror classes earlier in a sentence then just didn't bother to do it again later in that same sentence.

RIPPEH FROM GOREFIEND

Yeah **** it: normalize everything.

In all seriousness though...are you stupid? The only thing that would change is that BH would use power shot more (and power shot hits for MORE than tracer) which would just make you ***** more.

How about this: instead of asking for daddy to take away your friend's toy because you perceive that it's better, you ask him to get you a better toy so you can lord it around your friend (because lets be honest it's not because of your shortcomings that you're losing - BH are obv overpowered).

I believe if anything it would be nerfing the arsenal/pyro specs because of so many QQ'ers in pvp

Mother of god there is no need to nerf anything in the body gaurd tree, they only just spoke about buffing our AoE kolto missle, please dont muck us around anymore, we still dont have a battle rez which immediatly takes us off par with the other 2 healers

Yeah **** it: normalize everything.

In all seriousness though...are you stupid? The only thing that would change is that BH would use power shot more (and power shot hits for MORE than tracer) which would just make you ***** more.

How about this: instead of asking for daddy to take away your friend's toy because you perceive that it's better, you ask him to get you a better toy so you can lord it around your friend (because lets be honest it's not because of your shortcomings that you're losing - BH are obv overpowered).

I don't cry at all. I find Commandos and Mercenaries one of the easiest classes to take out if they're Gunnery/Arsenal personally, but that's because I'm a melee who knows to get up in their face and interrupt. My alt is also a Gunslinger, and in a 1 v 1 fight I find that they're just as easy with my 30m interrupt.

9/10 just stand there for four seconds twiddling their thumbs, unsure what to do. The good ones use their other abilities which Gunnery synergizes with.

I'm doing this for the sake of my friends who are called 'skillless', if they just use it as a normal part of their rotation. Even if its only hit three times out of every twelve skills, they're still called talentless hacks.

The bad Commandos and Mercenaries will quit playing it as a one button faceroll class. The good ones will adjust and do just as much damage as before. Granted, I would also add a talent which makes charged bolts worth a damn to use for when everything is on cooldown.

Normalize? Heavens no. I'm just weeding out the ones who are playing it as a flavor of the month class, like Madness Sorcerers, or Darkness Assassins/KC Shadows in DPS gear. Those who are skilled playing these specs should be rewarded, the others? We shouldn't let them make the rest of us look bad by not fixing the design oversights which allow this dim perception of us.

Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

ROFL, and no info about the most OP class: Sorc/Sage

Just stupid, so damn STUPID:jawa_eek::jawa_mad:

And FAIL

They are going to reduce the damage of tracer missile.

You know that was coming from day 1.

Yet sorcs can spam force lightning and win.:mad: Yep, that damage doesn't need to be nerfed. And if you get GOOD pvp gear, it balances out. Trust me, I can tell the difference when I hit a less geared player than myself, compared to one equal or greater than.