Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friends of STAR WARS: The Old Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Friends of STAR WARS: The Old Republic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that we have extended the amount of friends a player can invite in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Friends Trial! Players who have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription will now be able to invite up to twenty five of their friends into a 7-day free trial to explore the Star Wars™ galaxy.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial is an opportunity for players to invite up to twenty five (25) of their friends to take part in a 7-day trial of the game. During this trial period, invited players can explore each of the four Origin Worlds, and experience the opening adventures for each class as they start along their epic journey.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Deviss
03.05.2012 , 10:25 AM | #2
First! I Hoped for free one week trial but I guess this will do. ; )
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Jalden
03.05.2012 , 10:29 AM | #3
Good move!

Urael
03.05.2012 , 10:30 AM | #4
It states in the written text part of the article:

"The individual then has 30 days to begin their trial from the time they receive their email."

And yet in the "legal text" it states:

"TRIAL OFFER EXPIRES 14-DAYS FROM THE DATE SENT TO INTENDED RECIPIENT".

So ....

which is it?

Alexbeav
03.05.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
OH MY GOD ! Such a great move guys ! Will help hook my friends (and brother) up !
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU

Copperheadr
03.05.2012 , 10:35 AM | #6
I don't see the option under my account and it is not refer a friend.

Former Bria resident.

Ketchum
03.05.2012 , 10:35 AM | #7
Excellent! I was wondering just last night when trials were gonna start so I could get my friends who are still into WoW to come play this game!

How did you know? =0
Murder and mayhem await

Tiria
03.05.2012 , 10:39 AM | #8
I was just wondering if there is any incentive for subscribed members to try to get 3 friends to trial SWTOR? As they will be bringing potential paying customers to the game, it might be nice to get something in-game for spreading the word

Maybe this incentive would only be avialable to subscribers that fill up their 3 trial slots, or only to subscribers that have one of their chosen friends subscribe after their trial.

Was just a thought

Tormentist
03.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #9
More than likely it'll be "referrer receives X when referee subscribes and pays for 1 month"

What usually happens.
*** Darth Tormentist ***
<Catalyst>
Vulkar Highway

Tiria
03.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tormentist View Post
More than likely it'll be "referrer receives X when referee subscribes and pays for 1 month"

What usually happens.
Yeah. I would of thought they would advertise the fact though, if they were going to do that anyway.