Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hopsandmalt
03.07.2012 , 05:11 PM | #71
The only armor customization that is coming in 1.2 is a function they had in the game already at one point. Match to chest or color matching. Thats it.

GeorgZoeller
03.07.2012 , 07:45 PM | #72 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by hopsandmalt View Post
The only armor customization that is coming in 1.2 is a function they had in the game already at one point. Match to chest or color matching. Thats it.
Incorrect.

For one thing, we allow individual piece matching against chest color in 1.2.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg

MorgonKara
03.08.2012 , 01:00 AM | #73
I hope this means more Orange-modifiable crafting schematics. I have been doing Synthweaving from day 1 of early access and I'm not even close to being able to craft a whole matching set of Orange-modifiable armor. (much less multiple sets to choose a custom look from)
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Mephane
03.08.2012 , 11:29 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Incorrect.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg

While we are at it, maybe you can give us a confirmation on some of my current assumptions:

- Extracting all pieces from a purple item effectively makes them equivalent to an orange item, i.e. you can put in anything you want (for example, fill a Sith Juggernaut piece with Bounty Hunter mods)
- Not only set items from vendors, but all (or just high level?) purple items allow extraction of mods; I further assume this means you can take one of the many purple belts or bracers and empty them out or partially modify/upgrade them. This would provide a welcome end on the very limited situation regarding moddable belts and bracers, particularly since for some ACs there aren't any at all.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

FrostyDroid
03.08.2012 , 01:03 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephane View Post
While we are at it, maybe you can give us a confirmation on some of my current assumptions:

- Extracting all pieces from a purple item effectively makes them equivalent to an orange item, i.e. you can put in anything you want (for example, fill a Sith Juggernaut piece with Bounty Hunter mods)
Some current orange items are flagged as class specific. E.g. orange headbands for JCs. If the purple item has a class specific flag now, it would keep it when the mods are extracted.

It is the mods which are never class specific.
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

Freeborne
03.08.2012 , 04:00 PM | #76
Incorrect.

-- Georg
Georg

In the future, is there a chance instead of "Hue to Chest", there may be a "Hue to Helmet" or "Hue to Pants"?

There are a few pieces of gear (for troopers at least) that look very cool, and have wonderful colors, but do not have chest pieces. (Or the chest pieces have the right colors, but don't look like something any self-respecting trooper would wear.)
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Tricky-Ha
03.08.2012 , 04:13 PM | #77
Incorrect.

-- Georg
Hey Georg, this is not armor customization. Not really anyways since changing the stats out of purples does absolutely nothing to change the looks of the armor. Thanks for finally getting color match to chest to work.

We've got plenty of item mod customization, but still very little armor customization. Maybe you can check out DCUO, LotRO or even SWG's gear customization/appearance tabs & bring some of their ideas over here to SWTOR. We all know you have ex-SWG Dev AdeptStrain, creator of SWG's a-tab working for you guys now on SWTOR.
You don't know about me, You don't know about me
I'm a gangster , I'm a gangster
I'm a player, I'm a player

Tricky-Ha
03.08.2012 , 04:17 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
Georg

In the future, is there a chance instead of "Hue to Chest", there may be a "Hue to Helmet" or "Hue to Pants"?

There are a few pieces of gear (for troopers at least) that look very cool, and have wonderful colors, but do not have chest pieces. (Or the chest pieces have the right colors, but don't look like something any self-respecting trooper would wear.)
I'd love to see this idea here in TOR. It's the same basic "original" design for color match that was originally used in the Hellgate:London MMO, BioWare borrowed it for TOR but limited it to only match chest color. You could match the rest of your armor coloring to any one piece of your armor set, this design provided much more options for customization.
You don't know about me, You don't know about me
I'm a gangster , I'm a gangster
I'm a player, I'm a player

Jakeithus
03.08.2012 , 05:03 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Tricky-Ha View Post
Hey Georg, this is not armor customization. Not really anyways since changing the stats out of purples does absolutely nothing to change the looks of the armor. Thanks for finally getting color match to chest to work.

We've got plenty of item mod customization, but still very little armor customization. Maybe you can check out DCUO, LotRO or even SWG's gear customization/appearance tabs & bring some of their ideas over here to SWTOR. We all know you have ex-SWG Dev AdeptStrain, creator of SWG's a-tab working for you guys now on SWTOR.
I think you're a little confused about what the new system allows. You are no longer stuck wearing a specific armor to get something that is best in slot. Instead, you can take the mods out of that new purple armor you just got, and place them in whichever corresponding orange gear you like the look of the best.

It's not an appearance tab per se, but some of us like what Bioware is proposing better than the system other games use. It's definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to customization.

Vaelek
03.08.2012 , 05:41 PM | #80
Devs had mentioned in the summit that you can RE raid gear. I'm assuming this is so you could make it again with an augment slot. If this is the case will we have to pickup armormech or synthweaving to have 'best in slot gear' that looks like max level raid gear?