Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TerrorTigr
03.09.2012 , 08:17 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
any reason you can't look at the weapon(s) of the target to tell you this?
if i have 1 blaster I can only be 1 class on any side
2 blasters ... easy
double-saber ... easy
2 sabers ... easy
1 saber ... take two guesses. the one in front and not in the back is the juggernaut
rifle ... easy

questions?
If they're in combat, everything is shiney. Bright, glowy sticks makes it all clear.

But if they're out of combat, distinguising the thing at their hip as a blaster or a saber hilt is simply not possible at the distance of their charges, pulls and other important ranged abilities.

If something looking like an Agent is coming towards me with the Huttball, I don't normally need to jump off a ledge/hide to prevent them from charging me. But if they're out of combat and their weapon is holstered, I just can't see it fast enough.
Recognizing what you're up against before they start using abilities is important, and if there's nothing done about this, I feel forced to "dress up" myself if I want to be fighting on an even battlefield. And I kinda want to look like the class I play, you know?

I'm not saying forbid "crossdressing", I'd just like some tools to make sure I have the information I believe I should have. In WoW, Unitframe Addons display the healthbar of the target in the color associated with their class, for example. That way you're at least aware of the class of your target right off the bat.

I mean, I'm not even getting into how this kinda kills the whole iconic nature of the classes... I see the value of "crossdressing" for roleplaying, for example. But gaining a PvP advantage from it? Come on...

Rintiiran
03.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Yes.
Well then in question to that, are you retrofitting all the purple gear from the past drops, like world drops and such (prototype), in order to extract armoring and mods from that as well? Furthermore, are all the purples that are capable of being made by any crafter have the option of extracting those things? Or, are these changes only affective for new gear being realeased and past gear with this option already present in the gear?

EzoEo
03.11.2012 , 07:32 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by TerrorTigr View Post
So we'll have even more Juggernauts who suddenly grapple us, Smugglers who suddenly Force Charge us and Marauders who suddenly vanish into stealth just as we approach them? Yay.
Nope as the legacy abilits require an active companion so they can't be used in WZ's.

Open world is a different story but heroic abilites are available to all.

Lesrach
03.12.2012 , 05:24 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Incorrect.

For one thing, we allow individual piece matching against chest color in 1.2.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg
Does this mean Expertise is also transferable?

edit''''edit''' - 1 does

EzoEo
03.12.2012 , 07:02 PM | #95
Will synthweavers be able to get new recipes from armor other than the HM sets etc. Can I for example get recipe from Jedi Battlelord gear ?

Quinlynn
03.13.2012 , 08:46 AM | #96
Remove the Bio-Chem requirement from all crafted Bio-Chem items.

Rakata can stay the way it is I guess.

No other crafted stuff requires a crew skill to use.

Thanks.

Quinlynn
03.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Lesrach View Post
Does does this mean Expertise is also transferable?
This is a question that I have yet to see a real direct answer to.

We need to all push this one.

Because if Expertise is not pullable to be put on crafted stuff, then we will not get any real improvement to the desire of craftable stuff or character customization.

Aloro
03.13.2012 , 10:43 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Thycetis View Post
Schematics need an 'already known' label so players are not constantly flipping back and forth between their bags/GTN and their crew skill window to see if they already have a particular schematic.
I would really, truly appreciate this feature. I find it very annoying to search for schematics on my host of crafters.

Aloro
03.13.2012 , 10:48 PM | #99
Several people have mentioned the idea of adding a craftable consumable that adds an augment slot to items.

I support this idea, but only if all items can have at most one augment slot. Otherwise, we're back where we started; people would need the critted orange crafted pieces, then need to add the extra augment slot, to get BIS.

Aloro
03.13.2012 , 10:59 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Athrins View Post
I was just thinking about it since there are non-orange gear that are also fully moddable in the game right now. Green parts for droids and a "Legendary" (whatever that is supposed to mean) pistol for BHs on Hoth.
There are also green moddable weapons for several companions, e.g. Khem Val can get a green moddable vibrosword (from a Dromund Kaas quest as I recall).

I think it'd be simplest to make all moddable items the same color.